OT: Coronavirus 3 - wait but Covid 19 is SARS-CoV-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
You got an antibody test at your dr? I have a doctor appointment Tuesday and was thinking about asking if I could get tested because we strongly suspect my boss had the virus back in February and while none of the rest of us got sick we were certainly exposed so it’d be nice to know. But in googling I’ve been having a tough time figuring out if you have to go to a specific testing place to get it or if your gp can do it. Guess I’ll just have to call them tomorrow.

Yeah I was just there getting my prescription refill checkup, and was like "hey, do you guys do an antibody test?" and they were like "yeah sure".

Got the blood draw Friday, negative test results via phone yesterday. I was kind of pissed- I was pretty sick in January and had hoped I was an early adopter of the virus so I could stop trying to avoid it. Oh well, back to hiding out.

Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Yeah I was just there getting my prescription refill checkup, and was like "hey, do you guys do an antibody test?" and they were like "yeah sure".

Got the blood draw Friday, negative test results via phone yesterday. I was kind of pissed- I was pretty sick in January and had hoped I was an early adopter of the virus so I could stop trying to avoid it. Oh well, back to hiding out.
Well evidently my doctor does neither the antibody nor the actual virus test. Oh well.

I’d like to know as well but I don’t know where we are right now if you can get it again or not. It’s like eggs. One day they’re good for you and the next they aren’t and I can never keep it straight. Either way though I’d like to know.

Reactions: DaveG

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Two of my coworkers tested positive a week ago, so I had to get tested. I just got my negative result back today. They’re both feeling pretty shitty, but they’re getting better. This thing is no joke.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
50k new infections today.

This country is a hot (zone) mess.
Sadly it's only increasing in much of the Southeast. It will take people dying on sidewalks of ERs for many of our governors to even consider taking action. The morale of most healthcare workers in outbreak areas has completely nosedived in the last few weeks so that's another thing people will have to deal with. And there's 4th of July coming up next. I don't even know what to say about the lack of leadership at this point.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Sadly it's only increasing in much of the Southeast. It will take people dying on sidewalks of ERs for many of our governors to even consider taking action. The morale of most healthcare workers in outbreak areas has completely nosedived in the last few weeks so that's another thing people will have to deal with. And there's 4th of July coming up next. I don't even know what to say about the lack of leadership at this point.
People are having mask burning parties and we’re saying a lack if leadership? Cmon now.

Reactions: DaveG

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
People are having mask burning parties and we’re saying a lack if leadership? Cmon now.
Sure. A major GOP/NRA donor was behind the start of many of the “Reopen (insert state here)” movements, and the President refuses to wear a mask in almost all situations while saying they aren’t for him. He and his allies are normalizing the anti-mask behavior. That is exactly what a lack of leadership is. It doesn’t make him directly responsible for a lot of people’s actions, but he certainly isn’t leading.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Sure. A major GOP/NRA donor was behind the start of many of the “Reopen (insert state here)” movements, and the President refuses to wear a mask in almost all situations while saying they aren’t for him. He and his allies are normalizing the anti-mask behavior. That is exactly what a lack of leadership is. It doesn’t make him directly responsible for a lot of people’s actions, but he certainly isn’t leading.
So we admit that his actions have little bearing on:
People burning masks, not wearing despite the request / request to do so (heck they had another excessive force viral video, which was fake, because a dude refused to wear a mask then refused to leave).
People from hot bed areas vacationing to non hotbeds without masks, without quarantining as the leaders have made a requirement, etc, in turn making them hotbeds
Rioting in the streets without masks
Etc, etc

people rarely listen to much he says or even like him but we want blame leadership. The man could say breathe and people would hold their breath until they turned purple in pure defiance.

To heck with personable accountability let’s point out the president aint wearing one.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
He's leading alright, but to the wrong direction.

Reactions: MinJaBen

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
So we admit that his actions have little bearing on:
People burning masks, not wearing despite the request / request to do so (heck they had another excessive force viral video, which was fake, because a dude refused to wear a mask then refused to leave).
People from hot bed areas vacationing to non hotbeds without masks, without quarantining as the leaders have made a requirement, etc, in turn making them hotbeds
Rioting in the streets without masks
Etc, etc

people rarely listen to much he says or even like him but we want blame leadership. The man could say breathe and people would hold their breath until they turned purple in pure defiance.

To heck with personable accountability let’s point out the president aint wearing one.
There are enough people who do listen and follow him that a highly contagious virus can affect just about everyone, even those with personal accountability.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Yeah, just because a person has his or her own personal responsibilities doesn't absolve politicians, CEOs, and other leaders for their lack of leadership on certain issues. I don't think this is a difficult or controversial subject.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Mask dimwits seem to be on the run at this point, for the most part. There will always be dimwit holdouts, of course.

Unfortunately, it's too late, and we've probably lost the ability to really stop community spread at this point.

Now we continue to hunker down, mask up to go out when we must, and wait on a vaccine, and that's it.

At least maybe now the country understands the cost of incompetent leadership. Nothing like an object lesson that kills a couple hundred thousand people.

Last edited:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Mask dimwits seem to be on the run at this point, for the most part. There will always be dimwit holdouts, of course.

Unfortunately, it's too late, and we've probably lost the ability to really stop community spread at this point.

Now we continue to hunker down, mask up to go out when we must, and wait on a vaccine, and that's it.

At least maybe now the country understands the cost of incompetent leadership. Nothing like an object lesson that kills a couple hundred thousand people.

Yeah, but then we get a whole new class of dimwits that think their 15 yearold will get autism or the government is going to track them with something inside it or Bill Gates yada yada yada.....

We'll be lucky if we get 50% compliance. And that isn't enough for all the people who really can't get the vaccine due to health reasons.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Hmmmm.

This is an interesting read. I'll reserve judgement as yet.

And here's the rebuttal:

J.B. Handley’s unthinking person’s guide to the COVID-19 pandemic

The fact that Handley is an autism antivaxxer doesn't do much for his credibility.

Anyway, we'll know in a few weeks. Death rates are a trailing indicator of infection rates. If death rates go back up, we'll know that he's full of shit. If they don't, then maybe some of what he says has merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad