OT: Coronavirus 2 - Covid Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I buzzed my own hair for 3-4 years. I went with a 4 for most of that time. I must have saved almost $1,000 on haircuts and loved how it was low maintenance, but eventually I decided I look better with a barber doing an inch on top and tapering to a half inch in the back. But I'm about to get the clippers back out because I have no idea when he'll be allowed to reopen his shop.

I'd agree with the buzz cut recommendation. Start with an 8, see how you like it, but don't be afraid to go shorter. The hard part is shaping the back. Get a handheld mirror, work in small strokes, and be patient.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
I don't even know how to express my thoughts on that without earning myself a well-deserved infraction.

All I've got is: "Yeah, Clorox will kill the virus. It'll also kill the host, but hey, at least you took out the virus... maybe."
We have a 25th amendment solution but that will never happen. So we will keep living out our own Black Mirror series.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Are we sure he's not a NY libby plant tasked to kill off the rightist voter base? "Go out there demonstrate! Inject disinfectant!"

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
There are some positives as well. If someone ingests/injects bleach or other disinfectant, there's a very good chance that they will no longer be able to spread the virus and/or they won't be able to catch it if they don't already have it. Also, if enough people do it, it will lower the number of people that are unemployed and it will raise the collective IQ of the country.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So with Georgia opening up today and more on Monday, if there is a spike, we should start to see the leading edge (in terms of hospitalization) in about 2-3 weeks based on existing data of incubation periods, and any increase in deaths would follow that by about 2 weeks. Does that sound about right? So it could be 1-2 months before we see what impact opening up has (good or bad) unless they have extensive testing in place to see the effect real time . @Anton Dubinchuk , do you know how extensive GA's testing will be?

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So with Georgia opening up today and more on Monday, if there is a spike, we should start to see the leading edge (in terms of hospitalization) in about 2-3 weeks based on existing data of incubation periods, and any increase in deaths would follow that by about 2 weeks. Does that sound about right? So it could be 1-2 months before we see what impact opening up has (good or bad) unless they have extensive testing in place to see the effect real time . @Anton Dubinchuk , do you know how extensive GA's testing will be?

Looks like 100k total tests so far, and ramping up availability including more drive-thru sites. Honestly all of these numbers are a little too big to even make sense of, but it seems low (100k, vs. 4.6m nationally, makes Georgia an "average" state with regard to total tests, despite being 9th in total population).

I suppose it really is just a matter of how much "ramping up" is happening. Apparently "testing" has doubled in the last 10 days, but tough to tell if that's actual testing capacity, or just the number of tests (cause, you know, lots of stuff has doubled in the last 10 days if we're just talking number of tests).

It does seem early, but I get the sense that not many in Georgia are really jumping at this. It will be interesting to see how many actually change their behavior. Aside from maybe going to the gym at odd hours to avoid people (and wiping everything down like my life depended on it), I know we have no plans to change our behavior whatsoever. I bet many are similar.

COVID-19 testing in Georgia has nearly doubled in the past 10 days

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
There are some positives as well. If someone ingests/injects bleach or other disinfectant, there's a very good chance that they will no longer be able to spread the virus and/or they won't be able to catch it if they don't already have it. Also, if enough people do it, it will lower the number of people that are unemployed and it will raise the collective IQ of the country.

It's really gotten to the point where if you drink bleach because the President, who's been wrong more often than right on whatever subject he talks about, tells you it's OK, then I don't think anyone should try and stop you.

Let common sense rule the country for a bit.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
So who among us had a mixer of rubbing alcohol with our bleach (or other disinfectant of choice) cocktail tonight with a Lysol chaser?

He actually had 3 ideas:
Irradiating the body from the outside with UV
Irradiating the body from the inside with UV
Internal use of "disinfectant"

This sounds like the basis for an experiment to me. Trump can pick which treatment Eric gets, which treatment Don Jr. gets, and which treatment Ivanka gets.

Tiffany is the control.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I know a lot of local places around me are not opening up despite the ability to do so today / Monday.

Rural Southern GA places are more likely to do so (my speculation). Folks in greater ATL seem to be more cautious.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yep - several emails and notices from restaurants in the area that they will not be making any immediate changes and will still only remain open for takeout. Archdiocese of Atlanta is still not having public Masses through the end of May.

Albany GA, a small-ish town in South Georgia, is one of the hardest hit places in the country per capita. Hopefully they don't open up.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Yep - several emails and notices from restaurants in the area that they will not be making any immediate changes and will still only remain open for takeout. Archdiocese of Atlanta is still not having public Masses through the end of May.

Albany GA, a small-ish town in South Georgia, is one of the hardest hit places in the country per capita. Hopefully they don't open up.

I had a bunch of family living in Al-binny many years ago before they all died off. I feel for those folks.

Reactions: Anton Dubinchuk

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Wait, I heard it was pronounced Al-bane-y. I believed it because they also pronounce Cairo as Kay-roh.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Georgia has dumb pronunciations of cities and town. Dahlonega is pronounced like "Harmonica", not "Talladega." Cairo is indeed Kay-row. Suwanee you drop the "u", just "Swah-nee" (as in, not just a quick "u" that's barely heard because of a southern accent, truly no hint of it at all). Dacula doesn't rhyme with Dracula, but instead is duh-CUE-luh. Nothing makes sense - it's one of the ways I definitely do not fit in here after nearly 8 years.

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->