Corona Virus Thread Part 4 of Unknown (MOD NOTE IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
This is the insanity people are talking about. It did happen and now of course it didn't?
Trump was joking with Fauci and Birx when he asked them to find a way to sanitize our lungs as easily as our hands. The media took this way out of context as per usual.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Trump was joking with Fauci and Birx when he asked them to find a way to sanitize our lungs as easily as our hands. The media took this way out of context as per usual.
lol
for someone whose supposed appeal is 'he tells it like it is', his supporters sure have to do a lot of exhausting mental gymnastics to explain away that he very often doesn't mean what he says.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
lol
for someone whose supposed appeal is 'he tells it like it is', his supporters sure have to do a lot of exhausting mental gymnastics to explain away that he very often doesn't mean what he says.
People aren’t allowed to joke around a bit ? It was so obvious to anyone who isn’t a hater. Sad world you live in.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
So the man who has proven he can't live without twitter is trying to rescind a law ( section 320 ) that would basically make twitter libel for everything he posts? Because twitter called into question Trumps claim that voting by mail will lead to fraud? Voting by mail, which is exactly how Trump voted in the 2016 election.

You can't make this stuff up. :confused:
Out of state voters do it by mail. What’s so hard to understand about that ? Both parties have said in the past that voting by mail could lead to fraud. Mail isn’t reliable. Thousands of stimulus cheques were just mailed to dead people and to wrong addresses. Why would the voting ballots be different ? Mail can be intercepted, lost, stolen or arrive too late. Ballots can be duplicated or forged. A Democrat from Maryland just voted seven times on legislation in Congress. Can’t make this stuff up.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
People aren’t allowed to joke around a bit ? It was so obvious to anyone who isn’t a hater. Sad world you live in.
Nobody in their right mind thinks he was joking. He made up that he was being 'sarcastic' the next day and not 1 Trump lover claimed he was 'joking' until after that.

If he says 'jump' you say 'how high'.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg

Interesting science about U/V rays and the impact on the body. Viruses do react to certain frequencies. Tesla was studying that. Other than that, I don’t see where Trump was recommending that people inject disinfectant into their lungs. He was challenging the doctors to look into “out of the box” treatments.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
So, he wasn't joking or he was? It's getting hard to follow...
Interesting science about U/V rays and the impact on the body. Viruses do react to certain frequencies. Tesla was studying that. Other than that, I don’t see where Trump was recommending that people inject disinfectant into their lungs. He was challenging the doctors to look into “out of the box” treatments.

Reactions: Whileee

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
So, he wasn't joking or he was? It's getting hard to follow...
A little bit of both. Trump likes to lighten the mood occasionally and talk off the record. He’s not a politician. Gets him into trouble with the left wing media who are ready to pounce on every word.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Sorry. The Donald was most definitely not joking. Which is totally and completely obvious to anyone paying attention to reality at all.

Reactions: Jets 31

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Sun Wah supermarket on King St has Yinba gel hand sanitizer. $8.99 for a 500 ml pump bottle. 75% ethanol. It is on the list of Health Canada approved sanitizers.
COVID-19: List of hand sanitizers authorized by Health Canada - Canada.ca

upload_2020-5-28_16-6-10.png

Reactions: 10Ducky10

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Two new cases in MB.
Is there a city of comparable size that has done as well as Winnipeg?

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
An administration that stood up in front of the public and actually tried to kill even more people by telling them to inject cleaning products into their bodies?

This is the insanity people are talking about. It did happen and now of course it didn't?

Here's a transcript of Trump's exact words, and I've bolded the section where he specifically mentions "disinfectant" but left the rest in for context:

"So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."

Nowhere does he mention cleaning products and nowhere does he suggest anyone "should inject themselves".

You can see he says "I'd be interesting to check that ... it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see."

I mean, it's rather ridiculous on its face, but it isn't "people should go drink bleach" as the media spun it. And I think this is a problem that the media exaggerates things that need no exaggeration, and thereby give an opening for blind Trump supporters (or those who just don't like the media) to say "see the media is lying again." And by repeating the media's distortion of what was actually said, you're never going to convince anyone what Trump said was dumb or wrong.

Just go with what he actually said. It's pretty cringeworthy to wonder out loud "is there a way that you can do something like that (disinfecting in one minute) by injection inside, or almost a cleaning." I'm not an expert in biology but that sounds dumb. But that's also part of Trump's schtick as far as I can tell, just speaking a lot of nonsense. I have to admit that in a way it is vaguely endearing, I can see how it sucks some people in. He's an entertainer and he somehow pulls it off. Doesn't make it smart to say; but I think the media is it's own worst enemy by melting down at every thing the man says.

Last edited by a moderator:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Two new cases in MB.
Is there a city of comparable size that has done as well as Winnipeg?
Actually it was 3 news cases traced back to someone who visited Quebec and came back who did not quarantine them self. I posted the story yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad