Corey Potter IN TONIGHT (first NHL Playoff Game!)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That means he's 7:18 in ice time away from his first stupid penalty in an NHL playoff game.

Congrats Corey Potter!!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
His contract is already ridiculous since it is a one-way deal and all he had to do was play horrible hockey for the worst team in the league to get it.

lol, Potter is making 775 k or something. It's a good deal and being one-way or not wouldn't matter at all since that is only about cap space. (with 900k being the burying limit)

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Corey Potter playing for he bruins

Anyone watch the Detroit-Boston game? Was so surprised to see Corey potter play on the same ice as datsyuk, chara , Bergeron etc...sad to admit but he didn't look out of place. What do you guys think? Will he play a key role for Boston ? Or will he ruin his team defensively like Robyn reghr is doing for the king?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Isn't there another thread about this?

Anyways. Potter was vastly under rated here. Pretty much a perfect 6-7 guy for us. No glaring weaknesses good at everything.

Everyone hated him and jumped on every little mistake he made cause Taylor Hall fell on his face and head butted Potters skate blade.

That and he also got paired with Whitney and Oiler fans can't generally tell when a defenseman is playing bad defense or not. Potter got blamed in a myriad different ways for Whitney not being able to skate. I remember all those excuses and "Whitney still has a great first pass and is so much better than Potter" posts. It took 20+ games and the coaching staff to scratch Whitney before people would admit that Whitney was the problem and not Potter.

Between the Hall thing and being paired with Whitney the guys career was never going anywhere in Edmonton.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Would not surprise me if Potter is back here in the summer as 7th D. He's not a bad fill-in, but he should have no business playing above the third pairing. If he does, then your team is ****.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Potter was always a solid bottom pairing guy here. He made some errors, but you expect that from your bottom pairing when they're outmatched against better opposition.

But he could get the puck out of trouble, usually took his man, played with a bit of physicality, and had a nice shot. Perfectly functional 6/7 guy, and I honestly think he could play in that role for most teams in the league. But Edmonton often used him to anchor the bottom pairing, and also doesn't hard match. I'm not sure he's suited to anchor any pairing in the NHL, and like most other bottom pairing d-men, he can't play against top opposition without being exposed.

He's a perfectly useful #7 guy on a cup contender, in my opinion. I'd rather him than Nick Schultz when the chips are down.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Anyone watch the Detroit-Boston game? Was so surprised to see Corey potter play on the same ice as datsyuk, chara , Bergeron etc...sad to admit but he didn't look out of place. What do you guys think? Will he play a key role for Boston ? Or will he ruin his team defensively like Robyn reghr is doing for the king?

I picked Detroit to upset.
potter playing kind of clinches it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad