Corey Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
What are Perry's chances of making the Ducks this season? I hope he doesn't b/c i'm a huge London Knights fan and want him to return to the OHL. After making huge strides last season, he will be given a longer look with the Ducks at training camp. I still don't think he will make the jump this year b/c the Ducks have great young group of talented forwards ahead of Perry. I'd say he has a very slight chance of making it but I want everyone's opinions.

Also, who does he compare to in today's NHL? What is his ceiling. I saw an article that the GM of Anaheim said "Perry has elite level talent and skill, but he needs to get stronger".

Having heard that i'd say Perry should become a 2nd line winger one day and will probably score 20-30 goals and add 30-40 assists. He is one hell of a playmaker, hope that continues in the NHL.

X-SHARKIE

I would agree completely. His ceiling is likely 35 goals 40 assist I would think. Yeah I like Corey, He's a very tall lanky forward, who really is a great offensive player.

I think Ryan Getzlaf would be signed first because of his more complete game and physical presence. I think it's safe to say Perry well be back in London.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Getzlaf probably should've made the team last year, so he'll definetely be signed first.

Perry will be given a very long look, and IMO, he'll be one of the last cuts, just like Getzlaf was last year.

If he gets stronger, and it looks like he is, there's little limit to what he can do.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
I think he'll have a good camp, but will go back to London in the end. He did have some lapses last year with old problems of giving up the puck (especially at WJC camp). He needs to get those problems under control (as well as add strength) before he gets a roster spot. Ideally, he should go to the AHL, but he is too young.
Expect him to break into Anaheim's lineup for 2005-06, continuing the Ducks "tradition" of first-rounder rookies every season. {Smirnov, Chistov, Lupul, Holmqvist, Getzlaf?}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad