Corey Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
He has been awsome. Every aspect of his game has gotten better. I predict him to be a solid 3rd liner (average second liner) who can put in 15+ goals a year. Not overly physical but won't back down.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Cup4Wings said:
He has been awsome. Every aspect of his game has gotten better. I predict him to be a solid 3rd liner (average second liner) who can put in 15+ goals a year. Not overly physical but won't back down.
I don't trust your opinion. I think that you underrate and overrate some players. You have zero credidbility to me, and probably, many Ranger fans. Making trade offers like: Jiri Fischler and Jiri Hudler for Hugh Jessiman, the #6 overall, and Jozef Balej. :lol

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Broadway Crosby said:
I don't trust your opinion. I think that you underrate and overrate some players. You have zero credidbility to me, and probably, many Ranger fans. Making trade offers like: Jiri Fischler and Jiri Hudler for Hugh Jessiman, the #6 overall, and Jozef Balej. :lol

what does attacking another poster have to do with Corey Perry, you provide no alternative analysis to dispute his claim...take it to PMs if you have a problem with him

As for Perry, I got reports that his skating and grit had improved, but at the WJC selection camp in December, he seemed to be back to being soft and easy to knock off the puck.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
forbesy said:
what does attacking another poster have to do with Corey Perry, you provide no alternative analysis to dispute his claim...take it to PMs if you have a problem with him

As for Perry, I got reports that his skating and grit had improved, but at the WJC selection camp in December, he seemed to be back to being soft and easy to knock off the puck.
I was saying that you shouldn't trust his opinion.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Cup4Wings said:

I would say that this is a very fair analysis quite frankly. I would hope that I would have enough of an opinion on him after seeing him 60+ times live in addition to on TV.

Perry made some excellent strides this year in attempted to become a more complete player. He isn't a perimeter player like a Pavel Bure, but he is most definately not a guy who would be leading the way on a grind line at the NHL level.

He has very solid passing skills, and possesses a good shot. I would put his potential more in the 20-25 goal range as a second line player than a 15+ player, but he does have a long way to go to get to that level.

While you mentioned that he won't back down. I can agree to some extent but at the same time I would also say that he really hasn't stepped up either. He didn't take hold of the Knights this year in the playoffs, and his lack of fortitude in the Guelph series cost the Knights a trip to the Memorial Cup (at least they have next year).

Perry has a lot of developing to do before the NHL. If I was in charge of the Ducks management he would definately spend at least a year in the AHL before he advances, but I think that he will have a bright future.

He did makes some very nice strides on improving his skating and strength.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I know that this is off topic, but seeing as how you are someone who has watched alot of KNights games, can you give me your honest opinion on Robbie Schremp? Is he too soft? Too slow? Too much on the perimeter? Too one-dimmensional?

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Perry and Schremp

I'd like to give my opinion on Perry and Schremp. Perry did have a great year, he was 2nd in the league in points, played well at the WJC camp and was robbed of a spot (not sure if MA Fleury had anything to with that, could be just an ugly rumor) and played very well in the playoffs up until the Guelph series. He played okay in the series but did not dominate like he did in the first 2 series and cost London game 7. I really hope he comes back to the Knights next year and probably will because he will be 19 and most 19 year olds don't play in the AHL they wait until there 20 usually and IMO he is not ready for the NHL. Last year he did bulk up a bit and worked out very hard with Spiero***........he was much stronger on and off the puck this year but still has a long way to go before reaching the NHL. I'd say he will be a 20-30 goal scorer in the NHL (depending on if scoring goes up and it should), I can also see him putting up quite a few assists maybe 50-60 range (given he plays on PP and 2nd line). These numbers i'd expect from him in 4 to 5 years not right away of course (he's not Rick Nash).

As for Schremp i'd say he is more of a perimeter player, he does like to dangle a lot and can do it with the best of them but that won't work in the NHL so he has to focus on getting stronger and finishing his chances more. He does have an amazing shot and great accuracy. I saw the Knights play over 30 times this year and saw many highlight reel goals by Robbie. He does need to focus on his defensive game coverage but that will come with time. If this guy pans out he could be a 30-40 goal scorer one day.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
hahah

Corey perry is not a go to the net player haha he's frale.. great talent though..
I think Robbie Schremph is just too good of an offensive mind to slip pat the 7th pick

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
ktownhockey said:
Corey perry is not a go to the net player haha he's frale.. great talent though..

How many times have you seen Perry play?
Perry takes absolutely everything to the net, he is incredibly aggressive in challenging defenseman aswell. Schremp plays the perimeter and won't use his skills to pressure defensemen, that's why opposition teams match their best defense pairing against Perry, rather than Schremp. Perry gets the most out of his offensive talents, he does lack some strength, but like an above poster mentioned he did well to put on weight/muscle last offseason and if Perry matches that effort this season, this problem may become a thing of the past. Even though he isn't the strongest doesn't mean he's brittle though, you can probably count the number of times Perry missed games due to injury on one hand... he can endure a beating.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Broadway Crosby said:
If I run a team, I want "Go-to the net guys", not perimeter players.

I agree, Schremp will have to go to the net more next year with London. If he does he could lead the O in goals.....even if he doens't he'll score 40+ if he does he'll score 50+

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Boomhower said:
Perry takes absolutely everything to the net, he is incredibly aggressive in challenging defenseman aswell. Schremp plays the perimeter and won't use his skills to pressure defensemen, that's why opposition teams match their best defense pairing against Perry, rather than Schremp. Perry gets the most out of his offensive talents, he does lack some strength, but like an above poster mentioned he did well to put on weight/muscle last offseason and if Perry matches that effort this season, this problem may become a thing of the past. Even though he isn't the strongest doesn't mean he's brittle though, you can probably count the number of times Perry missed games due to injury on one hand... he can endure a beating.

I must agree, at least for Perry
I always hear how he's the most knocked around player in the OHL. He takes a hit and keeps going though.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
I kno

Boomhower said:

I kno he can but ive watched pretty much his whole OHL career and he is weak... but this year he did go to the net more... he has to do that to be successful...

Scremph doesn't need too... he's just not that perimeter sniper's ability and if he had more ice this year in London he would have had potentially a 45 goal year...

i like them both as prospects .. i just think Schremp will be the better player for what he's their for in the end...

Scout

Jun 2, 2004
I have also seen them both play numerous times in the last 2 years. Schremp reminds me a lot of Doug Weight. Great skill distributes the puck extremely well, outstanding on the PP, but undersized and not very aggressive. His shot is underated he is very effective on the point and the side boards on the PP. Corey dominated this year using his lanky frame and long reach. He still needs to work on his skating and his shot. If he keeps filling out he will be an Andreychuk, I guy who does nothing well, except score.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Schremp's numbers decreased because he wasn't getting first line minutes and he wasn't getting top power play time. He did at times, but he flipped on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->