TSN: Corey Perry’s days may be numbered. Ducks looking to trade him.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
Yeah I would probably do that, it’s far better than a buyout at least. Mac has played the right side before hasn’t he?

He does, he is just terrible at it and makes 5 mill so if we retained 50% we would take a bigger cap hit and they would get the better player. Only upside for Anaheim would be A Mac has 1 year left on his bad contract instead of 2 years for Perry, but we would be paying half of it anyways..

Last edited:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Are Ducks in cap trouble?

Highly doubt he would accept a trade to a non-contender and contenders don't need players like him.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Highly doubt he would accept a trade to a non-contender and contenders don't need players like him.

Regarding the first question, no.

Second, Perry was recently interviewed after he spent millions on a new home in London. He said it's where he wants to be and raise a family, plus he talked a bit about his plans of life after hockey. This is just my speculation, but it could be that he just wants to leave to be closer to London.

Last edited:
Reactions: therealkoho

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

On the contrary, I could see proximity to his London home being his top priority if asked to waive his NMC, or if he becomes a free agent via buyout. More so than contending or financial considerations.

Reactions: LeHab

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He does, he is just terrible at it and makes 5 mill so if we retained 50% we would take a bigger cap hit and they would get the better player. Only upside for Anaheim would be A Mac has 1 year left on his bad contract instead of 2 years for Perry, but we would be paying half of it anyways..

Yeah but when you compare that scenario to a buyout it’s much more favorable.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I wonder if something like
Perry
Marleau
zaitzev

all at 50% would make sense for both teams?

Toronto cuts salary next year and gets rid at least 50% of zaizevs cap hit after 2 years.

zaitzev at 2.25 could be a serviceable defensemen and if he doesn't fit they could always try to move him in expansion draft.

another option is just move him to Detroit for an asset.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Sounds crazy but I think Perry and Shattenkirk could be the basis of a deal that benefits both teams and both players. Maybe a swap of prospects to adjust for the cap implications. Ducks save $2m in cap each year and $5m in actual dollars. Not sure what their operating budget is like nowadays though.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Maybe Yotes would be interested if they could move some salary back with moderate incentive included...………….say one of Demers/Goligoski and a 2019 4th for Perry and a 2019 2nd

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
If Perry wants to be closer to London I wonder if something around him at 50% for Marleau could work. This season would be tough for the Ducks but year 2 is better than a buyout and then they're off the hook. For the Leafs it opens up a few million now, and then they can worry about his final year next offseason.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
34 years old
6'3"
210+lbs
long injury history

Just buy him out and let him retire.
Great career. Retire now and avoid a lifetime of further pain from a broken down body.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
If Perry wants to be closer to London I wonder if something around him at 50% for Marleau could work. This season would be tough for the Ducks but year 2 is better than a buyout and then they're off the hook. For the Leafs it opens up a few million now, and then they can worry about his final year next offseason.

Would rather have marleau at 6 then Perry at four. Perry is all kinds of bad. Now getting Manson with Perry at four I'd be interested but ducks fans think they are competing still so....

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
[MOD]

Manson is one of three NHL D and the only RHD the Ducks have under contract. You can safely cross him off a shopping list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Manson is one of three NHL D and the only RHD the Ducks have under contract. You can safely cross him off a shopping list.

What's the point in keeping any of it? You need to rebuilt And if you want to get rid of bad contracts like Fowler, Perry and others well...

[MOD]

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
And you're team is terrible so what's the point in keeping any of it? You need to rebuilt And if you want to get rid of bad contracts like Fowler, Perry and others well...

Let's see how terrible we are with a real coach.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I don't think there would be a market for him half retained. There would need to be another contract coming back. That defeats the purpose when Anaheim could just buy him out and free up around 6 million of cap this season.

The buyout cap hit next season is high, but it is still cheaper than his current hit, and there might be a lockout anyways.

If it's true he wants to be in London, a buyout and then a 1 or 2 year 1M contract in Toronto makes sense.

He might get a bit more from another team, but nobody is going to offer big money or term for him. Maybe 1 year 2.5M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->