NFL: Cordarrelle Patterson "Being a Super Bowl Champion doesn't mean shit to me"

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When the Bruins won it, and they had to do all those run arounds to start the next season with the Cup showing up everywhere, they said they couldn't wait to get rid of it so they could get on with their season.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think this was taken slightly out of context. I think winning the Super Bowl means as much to a NFL player as a Cup win means to a NHLer.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Patriots still living rent free in SouthGeorge's head in July.

Brady-high-five.gif

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
A lot of spinning going on in here. He didn't say last year is in the past me or any of that. He legit said winning the Super Bowl last year doesn't mean shit to him. This is what happens when the league rigs/hands teams Super Bowls. Nobody who actually put in blood/sweat for that trophy would ever say this.

Reactions: I Like Dumb Posts

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
A lot of spinning going on in here. He didn't say last year is in the past me or any of that. He legit said winning the Super Bowl last year doesn't mean **** to him. This is what happens when the league rigs/hands teams Super Bowls. Nobody who actually put in blood/sweat for that trophy would ever say this.

Patriots still living rent free in SouthGeorge's head in July.

Brady-high-five.gif

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
I remember when Caps won the Cup and Alexeyev (the kid they drafted or signed from the KHL) was asked whether he wanted to see or photograph himself with the cup and he said once he won it he would partake. Since he didn't do anything to win that cup why would he celebrate as if he won it?

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
I remember when Caps won the Cup and Alexeyev (the kid they drafted or signed from the KHL) was asked whether he wanted to see or photograph himself with the cup and he said once he won it he would partake. Since he didn't do anything to win that cup why would he celebrate as if he won it?

That's not really an equal though, Patterson actually played full season and went to play in Super Bowl. he was part of the team. Alexeyev was just a drafted prospect.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
A lot of spinning going on in here. He didn't say last year is in the past me or any of that. He legit said winning the Super Bowl last year doesn't mean **** to him. This is what happens when the league rigs/hands teams Super Bowls. Nobody who actually put in blood/sweat for that trophy would ever say this.

He did. But I guess you shut off and went on a tirade 9s into the video.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He said he's on a new team and wants to focus on now. Winning it means shit to him. Talking about it now doesn't mean shit to him.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Is this the guy that takes literally anything and everything and twists it as much as humanly possible to make it anti-Patriots?

...this must be the guy that takes literally anything and everything and twists it as much as humanly possible to make it anti-Patriots.

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Patriots have tainted the shield beyond repair. From Championships with asterisks to now players saying winning the trophy doesn't mean shit to them. NFL has become a joke. NHL and soccer >>>

Reactions: I Like Dumb Posts

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Patriots pissing people off a solid 2 months before the season starts.

I hate the Pats but even if i have to admit that's impressive.

Pats fatigue might be sky high more than ever. You think at some point, the dynasty HAS to stop.

Even the great Habs team of yore stopped winning. New England seems to go about their business like their championship window will never close

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I mean at that point all you can do is really sit there and deal with it

In an age where we're seeing players (be them stars or not) retiring earlier, guys careers getting cut short due to injury and salary demands making fielding contenders year in and out much harder, the Pats have managed to weather the storm to produce an absurd amount of success.

You can hate them but still tip your hat just to their consistency. That's what i do being a Dolphins fan.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
A lot of spinning going on in here. He didn't say last year is in the past me or any of that.

Uhh, he literally did though.

"That Super Bowl doesn't mean shit to me"

"I'm on a new team... whatever happened in the last year that's in the past and I'm just trying to move forward"

Yeeeeah, you're reaching big time lol. You can't just completely omit the words he says that don't fit your agenda.

I haven't encountered you before, but it seems like this is your shtick or something? I'm not sure if this is some gimmick that I'm just unaware of, maybe I'm missing the overall bigger joke here because I'm not in on it or something.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad