Denmark: Copenhagen - Bars showing hockey

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Hey!

Going to Copenhagen this weekend but wanna catch the game between Norway and Sweden on Saturday, is there a sports bar or anything that shows hockey? =)

Central parts or close to it would be perfect

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Pub & Sport at the town hall square should do the trick. If there's a football game on, you might not get the biggest screen, but I'm sure they'll put the game on for you.

http://pubogsport.com/forside/

You may want to check with them that they have Swedish TV4. I think the Danish channel is showing the game from the other group at that time...

UPDATE:

Sorry, didn't realise Sweden vs Norway is the very early game Saturday. Pub & Sport opens at 1 PM on Saturdays, so not the best option. You may have to go to O'Leary's at the Central Station. It's not really a personal favourite as it's relatively expensive and not my kind of atmosphere. But I guess you know if it's a place for you as O'Leary's are all over Sweden as far as I can tell. They're open from 11 AM.

Last edited:

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Again!

Any sports pubs showing hockey games in Copenhagen? This time a night gamr.. caps - pens

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Again!

Any sports pubs showing hockey games in Copenhagen? This time a night gamr.. caps - pens

Pub & Sport is open until 3 am, so you will only get two periods by my calculation. I don't know of any other sports bar that closes later than that...

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I'm curious why hockey isn't as big in Denmark. Copenhagen specifically is so close to Sweden I would think there would be more rub off. Was at nyhavn 2 days ago and saw a huge football presence as brondby took over the harbor. I wonder why people aren't as passionate about hockey there

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I'm curious why hockey isn't as big in Denmark. Copenhagen specifically is so close to Sweden I would think there would be more rub off. Was at nyhavn 2 days ago and saw a huge football presence as brondby took over the harbor. I wonder why people aren't as passionate about hockey there

it is not in our traditions to play hockey. We have not been able to play lake hockey in the winter on a regular basis and most local counties does not have the money to build icerinks (or prioritices differently) compared to Sweden. In most villages with a population over 500 we have a multipurpose sportscenter for many other sports like badminton, handball, indoor and outdoor football etc. My guess is that if more local counties would find the finances to build icerinks, the sport would grow rather quickly as it stagnates right now due to limited icetime for juniors. In most hockeyclubs in Denmark they have to reject youngsters from playing because of this limited icetime. I know that more Danish midsize cities with a population of 50-60k+ are planning to build in the near future. Just ten more rinks spread out throughout the country would do a considerable contribution.

As to the fanside, what you witnessed thursday in Copenhagen was kind of a special thing in Denmark as Brøndby and FC Copenhagen pretty much have the entire Copenhagen fancrowd within their grasp. Nothing comes even close to this derby which has often turned in to a battle both on and off the pitch.

As for hockeyfans in Copenhagen, we have to travel to Malmö and watch Redhawks to get some decent hockey as they Danish league is just terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->