Copa America 2020-1

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Thank you boss.

Yesssssssssss

Finally I lived to see Messi win a trophy with Argentina

Argentina abused of Neymar and it was beautiful to see lmao

Didn't think i would ever see it but wow honestly I'm at a loss for words.

Messi finally won a major international championship but I’m not sure this one actually helped his legacy.

75% of his teams' goal scoring 4/6 MOTM awards but ok... lol

Congratulations! @Duchene2MacKinnon

That was one hell of an intense run & it's awesome to see Leo so happy :)

Thank you again I never thought they'd win. I expected a brazilian goal at some point but it never came.

Yeah it did. In Argentina this guy is now God.

He was God before but now no one can say anything. His biggest haters have nothing left.

Can't even cry without acting for the cameras. As fake as they come.

Nothing Fake about that. That wasn't two soccer players hugging or even teammates that was a friend to a friend sharing a moment.

Is this it for Messi? Will he play in the World Cup next year?

NO chance he doesn't play. Unless his broken and even then...

I think Argentina will be in the contenders for the WC too. Not like last time. They didn't play great here but they were very professional, very strong defensively, and saw out the result.

COULD be. but some players have to make way for the young guns.

Having a whiskey to celebrate @Duchene2MacKinnon 's happiness

My guy thank you and I hope it was the best glass go whiskey ever tasted.
For once I agree with SEPH, Argentina were very fortunate to end that game with 11 men.

He was getting destroyed all game, just stfu.

Anyone who thinks Argentina should've gotten a red card hasn't watched much SA footy. Not surprised by who said this tho.

indeed buddy.

I feel like the regulars on this board are rallying around @Duchene2MacKinnon like the Argentina players rallies around Messi post win :laugh:

hahaha im no where that man. But I love you guys the same

That Argentina campeones shirt is sick

Need one asap

Great players. However, if they are the *best* you can field then don't expect to win many championships.

Umm those are some of the best in history.

Thinking about it, Messi winning his first international trophy started with Neal Maupay fouling Bernd Leno.

and COVID. without that virus Armani plays lol. Thanks Covid.

Narrator: They did. Congratulations. :)

thank you sir. I didn't let myself feel the emotions until the morning after where I blubbered like a baby twice. One in the morning and than later on just thinking of the beautiful ADM chipping the keeper. Only to see Casemiro looking zoned out. What a wonderful play.

He is human after all (and he was playing injured after all the hacking through the tournament).

But so happy for him to finally winning one even if it was later in his career.

This level Argentina won't win at WC 2022, ut wih a couple of adjustements they could still progress deeper in the knockouts.

He played with a hamstring injury the past 2 games. too so understandable he didn't have his best game. Didn't need to he had 10 other messi beside him.

They most likely won't but the talent is there to win. Once you add in Martinez. An actual DM and another forward.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
As for the game itself. Nothing special about it. But the small margins are crazy. ADM was barely onside. To the point where I thought for sure it was going to get called back. But the reffing and VAR was on point for 90 minutes. Guido almost f***ed it up late too. Messi did his best not to score at times. Any other day his chances would've gone in. But the margin of error is slim.

What to say about RDP the game of his life really. He brought that offensive ability that he has in the serie A with him. Rarely do I see it in Argentina. I love his hustle but yesterday he did his thing and then some.What a player.

Martinez banging on the door of world class and now he's shattered it. Elite keeper. the Penalty the penalties shots. the two point blank saves yesterday. Easily could've gone in but he was calm and secure throughout it all. Not sure about his celebrations though lool. I can definitely unsee them.

Romero I told you guys this kid was immense. He forced Scaloni to play him. Beggged him to play even if he wasn't injured. He delivered and then some too. World class talent. Only bought for 16 million by Atalanta our resident BVB fan wouldnt understand the price matching that talent. When he asked for a sub I knew he gave it his all but I basically shit myself think of PEzzella defending who also came up big when called upon.

ADM what a game what a tournament. Redemption for him and Otamendi. Masterclass by Scaloni to use him as a super sub and then unleash him fresh in the final. I guarantee you he would;d've hobbled off injured had he started the other games. A big gamble that paid off splendidly. Well done Scaloni. Hell his ankle popping after his goal I thought he was done but nope he came back.

Scaloni I had my issues with the squad and his team selection. But yesterday every big call he made was genius. Montiel the game of his life. Romero. Bringing on Tags and Guido. Totally out coached Tite.

Nothing else to say thank you all for bearing with me during this tournament and for your support. @cgf @BMann @Live in the Now @Luigi Habs @Mitch nylander @robertmac43 @les Habs @N o o d l e s and anyone else I missed thanks again and I hope you enjoyed the ride as much as I have.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
He is human after all (and he was playing injured after all the hacking through the tournament).

But so happy for him to finally winning one even if it was later in his career.

This level Argentina won't win at WC 2022, ut wih a couple of adjustements they could still progress deeper in the knockouts.

Why not? To be honest, in my opinion I can see Argentina winning it next year. They seem to have found their missing piece (a competent coach), their D line is solid and young (L.Martinez needs to play more) for the most part same for their GK. Gonzalo Montiel is a warrior and for someone that watched River Plate over the years, he can make it at any level. I'm not by any means a supporter of Argentina but I respect a lot of their players and I can say confidently to watch out for them next year.

I was wondering when did they get good defensively till I realized Walter 'El Muro' Samuel is an assistant coach:help:

It was a nice Copa. Luis Diaz last second screamer was the perfect ending for that 3rd place matchup:naughty:. On to the Gold Cup now.

Reactions: BMann

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Why not? To be honest, in my opinion I can see Argentina winning it next year. They seem to have found their missing piece (a competent coach), their D line is solid and young (L.Martinez needs to play more) for the most part same for their GK. Gonzalo Montiel is a warrior and for someone that watched River Plate over the years, he can make it at any level. I'm not by any means a supporter of Argentina but I respect a lot of their players and I can say confidently to watch out for them next year.

Things have time to change until then but from what I saw in this tournament, Brazil and Argentina have a 1/4 final ceiling coming into the WC (Unless they get an England draw where they manage to avoid all the top European nations until the final). Not saying they CAN'T win, but I wouldn't bet money on either of them against France, Spain and Italy.

TheGreenTBer

If Elvis calls tell him to f*ck off
Apr 30, 2021
After years and years of Messi doing everything he can to carry a team to a title and falling just short despite superhuman efforts, it is awesome to see them come together in a team effort for the final game...and to do it against Brazil of all teams.

Not an Argentina fan but A) I'm happy for them, and B) if Brazil never wins a Copa or WC for the rest of eternity I would not be disappointed.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Man, how disgusting is the floor in this locker room? :laugh:
Screenshot_20210712-104655_Instagram.jpg

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Some fun some wall paper for you closest fans and real fans. And some stuff showing the kind of LEADER Lio is.

Leading the celebration but once RDP wants to start a chant mocking Brazil. Messi and Kun emphatically refuses and stops the others from doing so.

https://twitter.com/DiarioOle/status/1414230498604294144?s=20

https://twitter.com/verobrunati/status/1414229615359442944?s=20

https://twitter.com/azulfeehely/status/1414048378833473539?s=20

https://twitter.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1414224910705168385?s=20

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure if @Duchene2MacKinnon posted it with all that spam, LOL, but saw a nice video of Messi and his wife at the airport as she congratulated.
hahaha I have it bookmarked but there's a lot im going through now.

If I didn't here it is.

Does it get better? Argentina winning the Copa by beating Brazil in Brazil while Italy wins the Euros by beating England in England I mean you have to be joking.

This weekend could not have gone better.

Honestly it worked out so perfectly. Like a dream come true.

Reactions: cgf

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
As for the game itself. Nothing special about it. But the small margins are crazy. ADM was barely onside. To the point where I thought for sure it was going to get called back. But the reffing and VAR was on point for 90 minutes. Guido almost f***ed it up late too. Messi did his best not to score at times. Any other day his chances would've gone in. But the margin of error is slim.

What to say about RDP the game of his life really. He brought that offensive ability that he has in the serie A with him. Rarely do I see it in Argentina. I love his hustle but yesterday he did his thing and then some.What a player.

Martinez banging on the door of world class and now he's shattered it. Elite keeper. the Penalty the penalties shots. the two point blank saves yesterday. Easily could've gone in but he was calm and secure throughout it all. Not sure about his celebrations though lool. I can definitely unsee them.

Romero I told you guys this kid was immense. He forced Scaloni to play him. Beggged him to play even if he wasn't injured. He delivered and then some too. World class talent. Only bought for 16 million by Atalanta our resident BVB fan wouldnt understand the price matching that talent. When he asked for a sub I knew he gave it his all but I basically shit myself think of PEzzella defending who also came up big when called upon.

ADM what a game what a tournament. Redemption for him and Otamendi. Masterclass by Scaloni to use him as a super sub and then unleash him fresh in the final. I guarantee you he would;d've hobbled off injured had he started the other games. A big gamble that paid off splendidly. Well done Scaloni. Hell his ankle popping after his goal I thought he was done but nope he came back.

Scaloni I had my issues with the squad and his team selection. But yesterday every big call he made was genius. Montiel the game of his life. Romero. Bringing on Tags and Guido. Totally out coached Tite.

Nothing else to say thank you all for bearing with me during this tournament and for your support. @cgf @BMann @Live in the Now @Luigi Habs @Mitch nylander @robertmac43 @les Habs @N o o d l e s and anyone else I missed thanks again and I hope you enjoyed the ride as much as I have.

I wasn’t able to post this weekend during the game since I was out of town, but I assure you I was watching.

Like you said, RDP was phenomenal easily my player of the game. Excellent game from him. Some incredible through balls and numerous great defensive plays.

Emi Martinez was excellent. Saved us a few times, he was incredible.

Otamendi truly surprised me, I was a little nervous with him but he showed up big.

As for Messi, god I wish he woulda finished that chance. Outside of the final, he was world class all tournament. This tournament will get him the ballon d’or no question about it. The joy on his face after he won was second to none. I am so thrilled for him.
He’s the greatest player I’ve ever witnessed and this win likely puts him as the best ever to lace them up.

I also would like to thank you for a hell of ride as well it was great interacting and getting to know you throughout this run. Hopefully, we get a good World Cup run next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad