Coots: Sean Couturier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyersfan731

Oct 23, 2013
So I know the kid is young and were high on him but do you guys think we might of had wasted the 8th pick on him he's misused put on the third line

Last edited by a moderator:

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
So I know the kid is young and were high on him but do you guys think we might of had wasted the 8th pick on him he's misused put on the third line

Nope. He's on the 3rd line but so was Jordan Staal. They won a Stanley cup with Crosby Malkin and Staal down the middle. Coots may not stay with us forever but he will give us a solid 6-7 years.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Couturier still has time. Even if he stops where he is now, he's a valuable piece to any winning team.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Yea but the 8th pick shouldn't be a third liner

How about having 2 seasons under his belt by age 20? He's got all the tools to be an elite defensive forward, which is a HUGE asset. He had offense in juniors, it's all about confidence at this point. I think he has all the right stuff to be a Patrice Bergeron type if he reaches his ceiling. At the very worst, he stays at what he is, which is a great roleplayer. Jarrett Stoll, with better offense?

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I will say that it does hurt that the next 2 picks were Dougie Hamilton and Jonas Brodin, who are also with the big club already and logging good minutes on the blueline. They look pretty good. I don't disagree with the Coots pick, considering he was projected #1 at varying points in the season before getting mono.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yea but the 8th pick shouldn't be a third liner

Says who? Of course Couturrier is going to be on the third line in Philly with Giroux, Lecavalier and Schenn ahead of him.

Strome and Scheifele barely played in the first two seasons after they were drafted.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
Wasted the 8th pick on him.... How about no?

r2r1omI.gif

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
i think hes going to turn it around if they keep him with read and simmonds. this is effectively his rookie year playing 3c and should give us a better sense of his offensive upside

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Once he actually starts using that 6'4 frame of his down low and to protect the puck in the offensive zone, he will be a great player. We just have to wait till someone shows him this is how you need to play to succeed.

Flyersfan731

Oct 23, 2013
Once he actually starts using that 6'4 frame of his down low and to protect the puck in the offensive zone, he will be a great player. We just have to wait till someone shows him this is how you need to play to succeed.

Well damn how long does that take to understand

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is true I'm just a lil worried he look wonderful his first year but is looking terrible right now

Lavi destroyed his confidence. He's been great on defense, but he's playing very reluctantly on offense. He will turn it around in time.

24 years old is your physical prime?

*looks at self*

*pours bleach into coffee mug*

Technically it's 27ish, then it's typically downhill from there.

Also, Krokodil is the new bleach.

Flyersfan731

Oct 23, 2013
Lavi destroyed his confidence. He's been great on defense, but he's playing very reluctantly on offense. He will turn it around in time.

Technically it's 27ish, then it's typically downhill from there.

Also, Krokodil is the new bleach.

So he only has 2 years after his prime ouch

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
You do realize hes 20 right? Mike Richards didn't even make the team at the same age...Just give him some time to grow up. Also the team as a whole has looked bad. Wait till they get out of this mess and this kid will become heavily relied upon to stop top line wingers.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
Seems like a confidence issue. Have no idea how he gets it back. He looked like a future star as a rookie, so you know the potential is there. Hm and most of the team are at rock bottom right now. They can only go up.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
This is true I'm just a lil worried he look wonderful his first year but is looking terrible right now

First off, pretty much every forward on the team looks offensively terrible right now. When this happens, it's probably a system/coaching thing, not the players. I strongly believe this is what happened last year as well. The league adjusted to Lavvy, and Lavvy could never counter adjust. So don't just put in on Couts shoulders.

Secondly, relax. He is going to be wonderful. As others have pointed out, he is the type of player you need to win championships. Players with similar skill sets to Couts don't grow on trees.

His offense will come. He just needs to regain his confidence. As does every other forward on this team. Hopefully Berube keeps him on a line with Read/Simmonds-calibur of players. If he uses him a la Lavvy, with Rinaldo-types, he may be screwed. The Flyers need to make a commitment to Couts offensive development.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
If Couturier doesn't improve his skating he'll be nothing more than a less tough Wayne (not Keith) Primeau. This is all on him.

Reactions: Vikke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad