Cooling down baked RBK Pump skates: inflated or not?

brother52

Sep 15, 2006
Russia
When I was buying my RBK 5K Pump's, they baked them uninflated, but suggested that I pump them as I put them on. Which I did, so they were inflated while cooling down.

But I always wondered whether this was the correct procedure. Wouldn't they fit better if cooled down unpumped? RBK doesn't seem to offer any instruction neither with skates nor on the web. Does anyone have any experiences to share?

My skates fit OK, but certaintly could fit better.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
baked unpumped, then you don't pump it for a full 24 hours. The heating might damage the pumping mechanism and more importantly the skates are supposed to fit without pumping the pump. The pump is just for added support, not to help the skates fit right.

redlighthockey

Sep 10, 2006
East Coast
baked unpumped, then you don't pump it for a full 24 hours. The heating might damage the pumping mechanism and more importantly the skates are supposed to fit without pumping the pump. The pump is just for added support, not to help the skates fit right.

My buddy got some at peranis and they told him to pump when he put them on. Could peranis be held liable for this?

Nov 26, 2006
Fresno, CA
keep them empty when you bake them.

you want the skate to fit as well as it can without any help from the pump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad