converting Ice hockey skates to Roller hockey skates

lubesicle

May 2, 2010
Anyone have experience with these?
How'd you like it?
Any Pros/Cons to doing this?
Do I stay with the same ice hockey size boot even if i'm going to play roller hockey in them?

I'm thinking of picking up another pair of Grafs (that I know are comfortable for me on ice) and adding a roller chassis to them.

The Mission Commanders I have I feel aren't stiff enough.

If so, any recommendations on chassis too?
Thanks in advance
Erik

WeissFC

@WeissFC
Mar 11, 2010
www.futureconsiderations.ca
Anyone have experience with these?
How'd you like it?
Any Pros/Cons to doing this?
Do I stay with the same ice hockey size boot even if i'm going to play roller hockey in them?

I'm thinking of picking up another pair of Grafs (that I know are comfortable for me on ice) and adding a roller chassis to them.

The Mission Commanders I have I feel aren't stiff enough.

If so, any recommendations on chassis too?
Thanks in advance
Erik

I have yet to do it, but my next pair of roller skates I'm putting a pair of Sprung chassis on my skates. It looks pretty easy from this video though, the only thing I'm not crazy about is not using actual hockey rivets. He also doesn't really explain how he gets the rivets in the toe of the boot which I think could be a real challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esmxPCpPTJo

Torquenstein

Nov 3, 2010
I'm going to do the same thing soon, I got some cheap Vapor XXII ice hockey boots and I'm going to convert them into rollerhockey boots. Right now I'm deciding which chassis to get, it's either the Bauer One Up or the Easton Hi-Lo.

LarryO

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I have yet to do it, but my next pair of roller skates I'm putting a pair of Sprung chassis on my skates. It looks pretty easy from this video though, the only thing I'm not crazy about is not using actual hockey rivets. He also doesn't really explain how he gets the rivets in the toe of the boot which I think could be a real challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esmxPCpPTJo

I did exactly like the video to install Sprungs on Flexlites, and I put the ice holders back on when ice hockey season returned. Later I bought some new Flexlites for ice and keep the older boots for roller hockey. It's great to have the familiarity of the same boot model for ice and roller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad