News Article: Contract talks for Senators’ Matt Duchene: update - Offer made

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Obviously, the picture will become much clearer after the trade deadline. I like the pieces that are here right now, as they are still developing. I am not ready yet to declare anyone a secondary piece.

I was ready to label White a bust so it takes some time and patience
I am with you on the White piece, but status matters and i think they need sellable prospects as high end talent, guys like Batherson and Wolanin ain't it.

Reactions: lancepitlick

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Left out a number of current players at the NHL & AHL levels who could also play a factor in their future beyond 2020.

Tkachuk - Brown - Batherson
Norris - White - 2019 or 2020 1st rd pick
Balcers - Chlapik - Loheit
Formenton - Paul - Nurmi

Chabot - JBD
Lajoie - Wolanin
Harpur - Jaros

Gustavsson - Daccord
Agreed they're decent prospects, but all secondary, fairly easily replacable pieces imo. We will just enter another era of mediocity if thats our lineup, we need so much more to ever contend.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Left out a number of current players at the NHL & AHL levels who could also play a factor in their future beyond 2020.

Tkachuk - Brown - Batherson
Norris - White - 2019 or 2020 1st rd pick
Balcers - Chlapik - Loheit
Formenton - Paul - Nurmi

Chabot - JBD
Lajoie - Wolanin
Harpur - Jaros

Gustavsson - Daccord

Look at the 4 centres you listed and then look at the rest of the centres in the Atlantic Division. Those guys are going to be lining up against Matthews, Tavares, Eichel, Stamkos, Point, Bergeron, Barkov, Trochek, Kadri, Larkin...

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I imagine the club wants to retain Duch, but there is a point where just straight up organizational pride and, seeming to be in control and appearing to be an organization with a destiny and plan in place has to come in and the pandering to players and always asking them to stick around has to stop.

This sad state of having every decent player leave town against the will of the Sens hurts the image, it makes the fans feel like they cheer for a have not team (which we do) and it makes everyone feel like Ottawa is not in control and is desperate to keep people,

Dorion needs to stand up and say ‘This is a rebuild and we are selling’

This ‘give us your decision by Feb 10 BS is pathetic. It’s like the kid who asks a crush to the prom and gets shot down and the kid says ‘well if you change you mind’

Take control Ottawa, stop being everyone’s 2nd choice and be resolute and guided in your decisions - not in this state of constantly reacting to EK, Hoffman, Stone, Duch, Anderson - it’s pathetic.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Look at the 4 centres you listed and then look at the rest of the centres in the Atlantic Division. Those guys are going to be lining up against Matthews, Tavares, Eichel, Stamkos, Point, Bergeron, Barkov, Trochek, Kadri, Larkin...
Lottery pick for 2020 is what that lineup gets you

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Lacking elite talent outside of Chabot.
Which might be a good thing with our budget.

Maybe a team full of good players with tradeable salaries is better than a line of superstars with untradeable salaries.

Makes it easier to deal with injuries, less reliance on a line, melnyk happier, etc

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Don’t worry. I am sure PD is planning to call Duchene’s agent next week to schedule a conference call to set up a in-person meeting in a couple of weeks to discuss possible terms of a potential deal. Remember, Duchene is not allowed to sign with another team until July 1st.

Well if he's traded, he could sign an extension, with that team at anytime, if he wanted to.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yup as much as I love watching him, I’m ok with trading him.
As long as the return is really good.
(Oh boy, that’s what I eventually said about ek)

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Shackles is a clown. His whole schtick is to find any means possible to crap on the team.

For me it's not that he craps on the team, it's that he craps on the team solely looking at a couple of numbers. He has a fetish with labelling sheltered defensemen as #good becuase they have 'good underlying numbers' and the organization is dumb for not realizing it. These defensemen end up going else where and receive the same treatment before eventually no longer finding themselves on an NHL team. His head is so far up his ass.

Reactions: coladin

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
For me it's not that he craps on the team, it's that he craps on the team solely looking at a couple of numbers. He has a fetish with labelling sheltered defensemen as #good becuase they have 'good underlying numbers' and the organization is dumb for not realizing it. These defensemen end up going else where and receive the same treatment before eventually no longer finding themselves on an NHL team. His head is so far up his ass.

Great point. I think he just follows the tried and true to get likes and follows. A Sensung of Twitter, if you will.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Every time I see the thread title I feel like it's misleading.

No actual offer was made was it? Just a couple of early numbers exchanged iirc.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Every time I see the thread title I feel like it's misleading.

No actual offer was made was it? Just a couple of early numbers exchanged iirc.

The whole point is to keep fans thinking there is a chance. They can't do that if an offer is made and it laughed at.

The same thing happened with Karlsson: they offered money but there is a lot more to a contract than just money.

Reactions: Gesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->