News Article: Contract talks for Senators’ Matt Duchene: update - no numbers [Part 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evanc23

Nov 20, 2018
What the heck does Dorion even have to do during his all star break time besides this, and he can't even manage it?? What are we waiting for? Might as well just trade him now if we're not even going to offer him a contract.

Reactions: branch

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Dorion probably made the offer in Melnyk Bucks

theoffice_schrutebuck_poster.jpg

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
It's possible during the meeting Pat told Pierre that Duchene will not resign hence no offer?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Brisson at the asg said he met Dorion two time. Have good talk and said for finish the sens go in good direction and have good young coming not in 6 month but one two year. Sound for me Duchene agreed to be part of a rebuild

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brisson at the asg said he met Dorion two time. Have good talk and said for finish the sens go in good direction and have good young coming not in 6 month but one two year. Sound for me Duchene agreed to be part of a rebuild

This to me sounds like Brisson saying ‘Duch likes it in Ottawa but the rebuild isn’t moving along fast enough and Matt’s not going to wait 2 years to see how it works out’

Duchene has said all along his #1 priority is to play playoff hockey and waiting until you are 30-31 for a maybe in Ottawa just doesn’t make sense.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Guys. This is just negotiations. In negotiations, one side presents their offer, and the other side will come in lower than that until they both mutually agree on something.

ne·go·ti·a·tion
/nəˌɡōSHēˈāSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
plural noun: negotiations
  1. discussion aimed at reaching an agreement.
    "a worldwide ban is currently under negotiation"

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
All low volume noise at this point. No info is being leaked. I don't buy any of these reports to date. Dorion/Melnyk have put this team between a rock and a hard place. Look how well we are doing with Stone, Duchene and Dzingel in the lineup, Chabot having a great breakout year, and Bobby Ryan making a positive contribution with some consistency. If we keep Stone and Duchene ; they need to add to get to borderline respectability; Looks like they will subtract to afford them. If they can sell a plan to respectability to either Stone or Duchene I will be surprised . The road they have embarked on is a long hard one. We were not ready to compete when Dorion went all in on Duchene and we are not ready for a serious rebuild when they decided to move Karlsson.

Betax

Jun 25, 2018
Honesty I don't think that the total number of dollars will be the hard part in this negotiation. Both sides know the approximate numbers, and the exact numbers would depend on the everything else that may be harder to agree on. Signing bonus, front or back loaded deal, lock-out protection. The details of the no-movement type clause (how long, any windows, total or player gets to block certain team, etc). Term (the Sens may not offer 8 off the bat, even if they know they'll probably have to go there eventually).

richmh77

Jan 13, 2019
I know weve shown interest in Jarry in the past he was apparently the initial target before we went with Gustafson

Thwy have a first as well i guess.

Could be a third team involved and Pittsburg sending Brassard to let’s say Winnipeg and us getting a prospect and pick from WPG as well.

Reactions: DJB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->