Contingency plans for 2020-21 keeper leagues

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I was curious to hear about other leagues contingency plans for the hockey season ahead.

I'm in a fairly serious/complex H2H keeper League. We have contracts via an auction for free agents, entry draft, full 82 game schedule, 23 man rosters with 19 man lineups, minor calls ups...

Major point being, will it even be plausible to run a head to head league next season? We are thinking of flipping to straight pts to avoid schedule issues.

Anyone else thinking ahead to these potential issues?

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
At this point, there is absolutely no idea what the schedule will be. When it's released, then I'll start worrying.

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
Right now, January 13 seems to be the goal, so I am planning to start the draft (23 rounds, one per day) on December 20. But if the starting day moves, so will the draft day. I am hoping to find out soon.

Not knowing the schedule sucks, it's hard to plan the best strategy (we have daily changes, and the daily roster is G, D, D, LW, C, RW).

Edmoiler13

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
Probably converting over to roto style as it seems to be the easiest way to manage around games being postponed and teams not having the minimum games met per scoring period. Also toyed with the idea of double or triple matchups, but that would be too messy for me and the other commish. Hopefully this is the last season to need massive adjusting on the fly for a long time

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Probably converting over to roto style as it seems to be the easiest way to manage around games being postponed and teams not having the minimum games met per scoring period. Also toyed with the idea of double or triple matchups, but that would be too messy for me and the other commish. Hopefully this is the last season to need massive adjusting on the fly for a long time
We use Yahoo in the keeper league that I run and I thought about switching to Roto for this season, but the lack of playoffs really sucks as it's always a fun few weeks in our league. I really wish Yahoo allowed a Roto/H2H hybrid where you could do Roto in the regular season then flip to H2H for the playoffs or something.

We have our draft scheduled for Saturday, January 9 so that GMs can use the World Juniors and the first little bit of training camp to inform their draft decisions.

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
Right now, January 13 seems to be the goal, so I am planning to start the draft (23 rounds, one per day) on December 20. But if the starting day moves, so will the draft day. I am hoping to find out soon.

I am feeling like postponing it to December 27, which means that the pre-draft keeper selection deadline will be moved from December 18 to 25...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->