Contacting Mario Lemieux

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I wanted to ask you guys if there is a legit mailing address for Mario's office.

In 1999 my brother and I (i was 16) met him at the Four Seasons hotel in Toronto when he was there for the all star game. We took a photo with a crappy disposable kodak I bought in the hotel gift shop, and I found it the other day after years of thinking I had lost it. I'll scan the pic and post it. I'm just a geeky kid in it, but it's one of my prized posessions.

Anyways, I have my own kids now, and it would be so cool to give my eldest a nice souvenir as he is starting to get hockey. I am thinking I'd like to send Mario's office a copy of the photo, with a letter, and ask if they'd consider having him sign it for my family. I have no desire to sell it, I just think it would be an amazing thing to have. If they say no, or never answer, who cares....at least I will have asked.

I googled contact info, but it's hard to tell if stuff is a fan-led club, bogus, or outdated.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I wrote to someone recently c/o the CEC address and got a very personal reply in decent timing. Allowing a couple months is typical, though with Mario it may be a very long time (if ever - who knows). That's certainly a way to go about it.

Back in the early '90s as a kid, I wrote to him in similar fashion hoping to get a hockey card signed. I did the same for a few players and Mario was by far the longest for which to receive a reply. But he did indeed sign it.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Thanks ! I'll uses the Consol Energy Center and write to his attention. Here is what I intend to write:

Dear Mr. Lemieux.

I have enclosed a photograph that was taken at the Four Seasons Hotel on February 5, 2000 in Toronto before the 1999-2000 All-star Game in Toronto. I am the 16 year old kid on the right, my brother is on the left.

We met by chance that day, I was there for a reception, and I assume you and the other players were staying there for the big game. I recall being a nerdy gushing kid, just exhilarated to be in the same room as all of you. When I saw you I immediately ran to the hotel gift shop to buy a disposable Kodak camera.

In the almost 13 years that have gone by since that day, I have started my own family. At two and a half my son XXX is already a hockey fan (we live in Ottawa, I apologize but we are Senators fans). I have tried to explain to him that some hockey players are better at the game than others, and that some players are better than good, they are great.

I would very much like to present him with a special hockey souvenir, and I can think of nothing more special than a signed photo of his dad, his uncle, and one of the very few great hockey players that have ever lived.

If you can spare the time, I would be eternally grateful if you could autograph and return the enclosed photo to me, for my son XXX.

Thank you for bringing me so many great hockey memories, for posing for this photo 13 years ago, and for considering my request.

Sincerely,

XXX

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Thanks ! I'll uses the Consol Energy Center and write to his attention. Here is what I intend to write:

Dear Mr. Lemieux.

I have enclosed a photograph that was taken at the Four Seasons Hotel on February 5, 2000 in Toronto before the 1999-2000 All-star Game in Toronto. I am the 16 year old kid on the right, my brother is on the left.

We met by chance that day, I was there for a reception, and I assume you and the other players were staying there for the big game. I recall being a nerdy gushing kid, just exhilarated to be in the same room as all of you. When I saw you I immediately ran to the hotel gift shop to buy a disposable Kodak camera.

In the almost 13 years that have gone by since that day, I have started my own family. At two and a half my son XXX is already a hockey fan (we live in Ottawa, I apologize but we are Senators fans). I have tried to explain to him that some hockey players are better at the game than others, and that some players are better than good, they are great.

I would very much like to present him with a special hockey souvenir, and I can think of nothing more special than a signed photo of his dad, his uncle, and one of the very few great hockey players that have ever lived.

If you can spare the time, I would be eternally grateful if you could autograph and return the enclosed photo to me, for my son XXX.

Thank you for bringing me so many great hockey memories, for posing for this photo 13 years ago, and for considering my request.

Sincerely,

XXX

Nice letter. Good luck!

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Good luck dude! Be patient and may it arrive one day while it's the furthest thing from your mind.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Here is a bad shot of the pic.
IMG_20140128_213327.jpg

My smile is regretful.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I was in a card signing club in middle school, and I sent a card to lemieux and it was signed and sent back.. I don't know if the signature was a stamp or it was actually signed, I still have it.. I don't really care to find out one way or the other though, because I don't want it to be ruined for me.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Reminds me of Mac's letter to Chase Utley:

Dear Chase,
I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so much alike. I would love to meet you some day. It would be great to have a catch. I know I can't throw as fast as you, but I think you would be impressed with my speed. I love your hair. You run fast. Do you have a good relationship with your father? Me neither. These are all things we can talk about and more. I know you have not been getting my letters because I know you would write back if you did, and I hope you write back this time and we get to be good friends. I am sure our relationship would be a real home run.
Mac

JK...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Reminds me of Mac's letter to Chase Utley:

Dear Chase,
I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so much alike. I would love to meet you some day. It would be great to have a catch. I know I can't throw as fast as you, but I think you would be impressed with my speed. I love your hair. You run fast. Do you have a good relationship with your father? Me neither. These are all things we can talk about and more. I know you have not been getting my letters because I know you would write back if you did, and I hope you write back this time and we get to be good friends. I am sure our relationship would be a real home run.
Mac

JK...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

oh **** there's stickers

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Not to be negative, but Mario doesn't sign through the mail anymore. He used to (90s-ish) as my brother was able to obtain one. But he stopped sometime over the last decade. All you usually receive now is a response (after about 1 1/2 to 2 year wait) with a letter saying that he doesn't sign items though the mail and your items back unsigned. If you use the Sewlickey or MLF address, you wont get a response at all.

That said, he might be willing to sign a personal photo or something like you mentioned. I only tried hockey cards and sports photos. The team addy would be your best bet.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
No, it's Jordache .

Holy ****. I just googled them and they still exist. Always figured they went out of business years ago, which is why I've never seen their stuff outside of when I used to periodically go to goodwill in College.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Holy ****. I just googled them and they still exist. Always figured they went out of business years ago, which is why I've never seen their stuff outside of when I used to periodically go to goodwill in College.

Hahaha...yeah they do. It's too bad bugle boy doesn't though.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008

I didn't realize they've been out of business since 2001.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad