OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I have to say that I've enjoyed Falcon and Winter Soldier more than I did Wandavision. Hard to believe the finale is next week already.

I have as well but I expected to. FaWS always gave me the feel of a more traditional Marvel movie and it’s delivered. It’s definitely not without its flaws but I’ve enjoyed. The new character reveal last week was interesting.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So Jerry is now the Red Skull and when Anthony Mackie goes into the née bunker and turns on the computer the disembodied face of Wayne Knight will appear and Mackie will say “Hello Zola”?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
[/spoiler]

Test

[/spoiler]

:laugh:

I’m probably the only one that remembers this but when I first was trying to use spoiler brackets I entered them in but put the forward slash in as a backslash and revealed a pretty major spoiler to a tv show. I think I was away from hfboards for a little while after posting it too :laugh:

Reactions: My3Sons

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Mortal Kombat was pretty fun. Fast pace, satisfying action, they do a good job explaining the world. An entertaining action movie for people who don't know it, nice fan service for the people who do. The main actor is pretty likeable, Sub-Zero and Kano steal the show.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Mortal Kombat was pretty fun. Fast pace, satisfying action, they do a good job explaining the world. An entertaining action movie for people who don't know it, nice fan service for the people who do. The main actor is pretty likeable, Sub-Zero and Kano steal the show.

I was planning on watching it after work tonight, so good to hear it's fun. That's all I really want out of a Mortal Kombat movie.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Was that the video game where you ripped the guy’s spine out when you killed him?

Reactions: AfroThunder396

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I enjoyed it. It was fun with enough nods to the games to give me that nostalgic feeling. Not a big fan of a couple of the casting decisions they made, but Sub Zero, Kano, and Scorpion were the best parts of the movie for me (and I hated Kano in the game).

I still think I like the 1995 version better overall, but I was also like 11 years old at the time and played Mortal Kombat for hours on end with my friends, so it's always going to have a special place for me.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
My oldest played that at the movie theatre on the way out sometimes. I remember thinking that ripping out a persons spine as part of a child’s game was a bit much but no one ever seemed to react to it. That’s ok but Harry Potter was going to teach children to be pagans. What a world.

First not all video games are for kids. Just like not all movies aren't for children. Second Mortal Kombat was the game that started the whole age rating system for games. It was a huge controversy when it was released.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
So I just finished season 6 of Sons of Anarchy. I'm chugging along and interested in seeing how this final season plays out. The finale of 6 was a real mind f***.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Highly recommend Without Remorse on Prime, it's good.

It’s on the list of shows/movies for the weekend but I definitely was forgetting about it. Tenet on HBO Max and Mitchell’s vs the Machines on Netflix are up 1st.

Reactions: Billdo

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Highly recommend Without Remorse on Prime, it's good.

Once I realized they were only loosely basing it on the book I enjoyed it. I still think I like the Jack Ryan series better based on Clancy material though. I'm almost wondering if they're not planning on bringing both together in some kind of Clancyverse.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Once I realized they were only loosely basing it on the book I enjoyed it. I still think I like the Jack Ryan series better based on Clancy material though. I'm almost wondering if they're not planning on bringing both together in some kind of Clancyverse.
The Jack Ryan series was fantastic. The first season specifically.

Reactions: Ripshot 43
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->