OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Damn. The amount of words Em spits out at the end of this song has to be some sort of record.

Informer, ya' no say daddy me Snow me I go blame

A licky boom boom down

‘Tective man a say, say daddy me Snow me stab someone down the lane

A licky boom boom down

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Not sure if this is the right place to post, please move if not.
I am considering cutting the cord and while I am tech savvy need advice on how to get Devs games as part of the cut! What has been the good/bad experiences everyone has had? Thx in advance.

Unfortunately, there's no straightforward legal ways to do it if you live in-market. Center Ice et al blackout local games. MSG Go requires a cable subscription. I'm very tech savvy (It's my job lol) and to me, even, it's more trouble than it's worth.

If you don't mind watching on a computer, there's tons of quasi-legal / illegal places to stream games from for free, but quality and availability will be very suspect. You could connect your TV to said computer, but the quality on those places will likely be even worse on the TV.

Another quasi-legal solution (You won't get arrested but the provider might get pissed) is to set up a VPN for your house, and basically trick them into thinking you're out of market.

Live sports and commercials are basically the reason cable, as it is, is surviving. While most of the other major sports are starting to catch on (Free weekly games through various apps and sites, etc.), the NHL is among the major sports that hasn't made a move towards it yet.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I'm very tech savvy (It's my job lol) and to me, even, it's more trouble than it's worth.

If you don't mind watching on a computer, there's tons of quasi-legal / illegal places to stream games from for free, but quality and availability will be very suspect. You could connect your TV to said computer, but the quality on those places will likely be even worse on the TV.
I'm moderately tech savvy and none of this is accurate.

Reactions: Darkauron

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I'm moderately tech savvy and none of this is accurate.

Admittedly, I haven't had to do this regularly in a few years since I have cable, but have the free illegal streams really gotten that much better?

r/NHLStreams wasn't bad but recently got the banhammer so I am completely out of date on the wheres and hows to find good streams.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
It is sooo soo easy to watch high quality nhl games without cable on your computer
There's nothing illegal about it (live events) on our end so long as you're not broadcasting it to an audience - ie a bar, etc. And with minimal digging hi def options are out there in abundance for every sport. Movies and previously aired television shows can be a somewhat gray area I believe.

Although I almost wish the NHL games were of low quality. At least then maybe I could convince myself that the on ice 'performance' of this team isn't the abject disaster that it is.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
r/NHLStreams wasn't bad but recently got the banhammer so I am completely out of date on the wheres and hows to find good streams.

oh wow, f***. i just looked, and you’re right. luckily, all devils games are still streamed on R if you know where to look

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Ditto. I was in FL over Christmas & specifically brought my tablet & Chromecast for this when I realized nothing was showing on reddit streams.

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i’m never in this thread, but did anyone watch the new Curb episode? was it good? i have it on my dvr, no spoilers please.

that show hasn’t dipped in quality at all...but it won’t be the same without the funkman

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Ditto. I was in FL over Christmas & specifically brought my tablet & Chromecast for this when I realized nothing was showing on reddit streams.

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Man, maybe it's my Chromecast but when I tried streaming from MSG Go it was terrible - choppy, laggy, just barely watchable.

MSG Go worked very well on my computer, though.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
A few months back, Tom Morello was playing a small gig here and I told my coworker how Rage Against the Machine was near the top of my list of bands I wish I had seen perform. Then a couple days later they announced a reunion tour. The tour dates were officially announced on Monday, but no local show for me here; They're playing a pair of shows at Coachella but I'd rather not see them there as that festival tends to attract people I wouldn't want to be around.

I could possibly intercept them in Minneapolis in May. I had a ballpark trip mapped out with a buddy and they're playing there a day after we were planning watching the Twins. But my friend has no interest, so it might be a tough sell to stay an extra night. Or I could just do a 4 day weekend in NYC in August and catch them at MSG. I usually prefer to save my annual East Coast trip for October to watch some Devils games though.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
A few months back, Tom Morello was playing a small gig here and I told my coworker how Rage Against the Machine was near the top of my list of bands I wish I had seen perform. Then a couple days later they announced a reunion tour. The tour dates were officially announced on Monday, but no local show for me here; They're playing a pair of shows at Coachella but I'd rather not see them there as that festival tends to attract people I wouldn't want to be around.

I could possibly intercept them in Minneapolis in May. I had a ballpark trip mapped out with a buddy and they're playing there a day after we were planning watching the Twins. But my friend has no interest, so it might be a tough sell to stay an extra night. Or I could just do a 4 day weekend in NYC in August and catch them at MSG. I usually prefer to save my annual East Coast trip for October to watch some Devils games though.

And and and they're touring with Run The Jewels. Teenage me and adult me are, for once, in heaven together.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

That's a tough call - Coachella or NYC if Minny is out of the question.

I think the garden is a particularly terrible venue for a concert (or just about anything really), but if you don't live here a trip to NYC isn't often ill advised so long as you plan well.

Coachella's a tough one for me. Had I never been I would say it's a no brainer, but since it's checked off my bucket list I wouldn't entertain the idea. It's a spectacle and you'll get at least a few stories out of it. I also love socal and that lineup top to bottom is especially killer this year. Besides Rage, Frank Ocean and Thom Yorke alone are worth the price of admission.

The actual people in the crowds are a wash for me. But at least you can get away from any nonsense and find your people at a festival.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
....and tickets went on sale this morning. Checked for the Portland and NYC shows and it's $500+ for lower bowl for the limited seats left. I guess I'll wait and see if the secondary market calms down over the next few months.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
....and tickets went on sale this morning. Checked for the Portland and NYC shows and it's $500+ for lower bowl for the limited seats left. I guess I'll wait and see if the secondary market calms down over the next few months.

Those were the charity tickets, 10% of the arena were high priced tickets that went to charity. The rest of the buildings are $125 a ticket no matter where you get a ticket... Which is great if you're close but horrendous if you're all the way in the last row of a building.

I'm not that into them so I didn't bother getting tickets, I'll wait and see if stubhub prices drop but I don't care if I miss it since I'm really not into large arenas shows. I'd much rather have spent more money to see them in a venue like Hammerstein but that was never happening.

Reactions: Brodeur

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Ah, I was late to the boat to look up tickets since I realistically can't commit since it'd require plane travel for me. I can hold out hope that they'd add a San Diego show between Coachella weekends but that's a long shot.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
RATM added a couple more NYC shows (and other assorted dates) to their tour. I immediately regret it, but I bought myself a ticket for the August 14th show at MSG.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Honestly, when it was announced that there was going to be a Code Geass OVA that occurred after the events of the end of season 2, I was pissed. I thought the series ended perfectly and nothing else was necessary. While I stand by that statement, I freaking loved Lelouch of the Resurrection. It was great. And now we are set up for a new series with C.C. and L.L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad