OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That closing shot of the season finale was great, especially if you watched TCW and Rebels and know what Moff Gideon is holding. I can't wait for season 2.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
what exactly is it?

It's the Darksaber, which is an ancient lightsaber built by the first Mandalorian Jedi. Over the centuries it basically became the Mandalorian Excalibur and whoever held it could control all the clans. It first showed up in TCW, then went over to Rebels, and now is in this show. Which is not surprising given you have Filoni, who was a huge part of both shows, and Favreau, who voiced a Mandalorian that actually wielded the Darksaber in TCW, running this show. It's a nice way to connect all of the shows in manner that actually makes sense, unlike the movies that just seem to do whatever the hell they want to and hope it somehow makes sense.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Rise of skywalker was trash. It would have been better if Disney didnt **** around for the last 2 movies in the series and actually had a vision.
Last Jedi was clunky but it had some fantastic and ORIGINAL stories for the saga and for the characters which opened the door for a tremendous finale to the saga. But of course JJ went against that movie and just did what he wanted to do all along for RoS. What a damn shame. They should have just had one director for the trilogy.

I enjoyed Rise of Skywalker the second time I saw it but I was disappointed that it ran away from the first two in the trilogy. It felt like a standalone movie. Oh well. :oops:

Now I am looking forward to the Obi Wan series and Mandalorian season 2. This is the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkauron

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Finally got around to seeing Rise of Skywalker today and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. There were definitely parts I liked, and plenty of mindless fun, but there were also some real WTF parts that I still haven't wrapped my mind around. I'm probably going to have to see it a few more times for it to really sink in. I'd rank it ahead of TLJ, but behind TFA among the sequel films.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Just finished Fallen Order. It was meh. Felt like it really took a lot of elements from other games that were good, but didn't execute them particularly well. It just felt, lacking somehow. Almost rushed. It had no depth. Glitchy too.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Fallen order is probably just a attempt for EA to say "See we told you no one likes Linear games anymore." That's why i expect it isn't as polished as it should be.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It was fun wrecking stormtroopers with a double bladed lightsaber, and the story was good, but it wasn't as good as I was hoping for. But that's pretty much all of Star Wars outside of The Mandalorian these days.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The Mandalorian season was beyond fantastic.

On another note... season 2 of Lost in Space was great as well and what a cliff hanger for season 3!

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Well now you just spoiled the whole movie for me :confused:

PS... I don’t really care :D

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I need a game recommendation for PS4 or Switch stat. Almost any genera, though something with a great story is always preferred.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
I need a game recommendation for PS4 or Switch stat. Almost any genera, though something with a great story is always preferred.
Check out the PS4 Holiday sale. Lots of good games on sale. Even some older ones for under $15. I picked up Witcher 3 complete edition. Played the main game before but never the DLC.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Check out the PS4 Holiday sale. Lots of good games on sale. Even some older ones for under $15. I picked up Witcher 3 complete edition. Played the main game before but never the DLC.

Just got Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice. Should hold me over for a day or two.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Just got Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice. Should hold me over for a day or two.

Finished this game. Honestly was hoping for more of a mind**** given all the warnings about being developed with the help of neuroscientists and those suffering from psychosis. It was ok otherwise. A good short game to fill a gap between big games. Celeste was much better for that, though, IMO.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Just saw the news about Peart. Totally sucks.

just got done watching the lighthouse. Hell of a movie, total mindf*** though lol

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Not sure if this is the right place to post, please move if not.
I am considering cutting the cord and while I am tech savvy need advice on how to get Devs games as part of the cut! What has been the good/bad experiences everyone has had? Thx in advance.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Damn. The amount of words Em spits out at the end of this song has to be some sort of record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad