Speculation: Considering Ryan Miller if Peks Can't Go This Season

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Ten-Quick-Hit-Monday-Rumors/1/55411#.UngcQnB2G3I

*In Nashville there is a deep sense that a trade could be on the approaching horizon. Rinne's injury is a huge ongoing concern but as far as I can tell the Preds are only in on Ryan Miller if Rinne can't return this year.

Sure it's Eklund/Fantasyland; but I guess we have to wonder what the Sabres would have to have for him if Pekka is toast for the season? I assume that the Pred's have salary insurance on Peks like they did with Sully and could make a move to add Miller as a rental if needed?

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Doubt that happens. Unless it's for a huge underpayment. That probably is not going to happen with teams like the Ducks, Oilers, and Panthers needs. I haven't heard anywhere that Peka could be out for the season.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Buffalo's going to want at least a 1st, if not more. I just can't see us giving up assets like that for a guy that is unlikely to be re-signed going forward. Only way I see that as a possibility is if there are serious concerns that Rinne's career is in jeopardy.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
No idea if it is the same exact kind of infection. Way too early to know anything. I doubt we will go after Miller either. If Peks ends up out for the season we'd get Bryz or another free agent and not give up assets. Rinne goes on LTIR and we get 7 million in cap space.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If the price is a 1st and a young forward at about a A- level and nelow I would consider it but if it's more, no.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Even if they knew Pekka was out for the year right now and the asking price was lowered to say a 2nd rounder and Beck, it would still be a stupid move.

Ryan Miller does not make the team a legit cup contender, he may not even get them into the playoffs. You don't waste assets for a rental if you don't have a legit chance to make a run in the playoffs.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Even if Pekka is out for the season, there's reasons why Edmonton and Philly haven't traded for Miller. He'd cost a ton. Based on commentary from last nights game on NBCSN, Anaheim is the new goalie hotbed and they believe it's only a matter of time until Edmonton deals with the Ducks. Apparently, however, the price is currently too high.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
No thanks. Ek is way off on this one.

It would be pointless to give up assets for rentals this year.

I don't think it is too farfetched to be honest. And I don't think we have to include a1st as Buffalo has a ton of picks and talent not ready. I would think NHL close to ready guys like Beck, Watson, Ellis etc. would be in play.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Doubt that happens. Unless it's for a huge underpayment. That probably is not going to happen with teams like the Ducks, Oilers, and Panthers needs. I haven't heard anywhere that Peka could be out for the season.

What needs do the Ducks have in goal?
They got four goalies right now who can/will start sometime sooner probably than later.

No thanks on the Miller front.

Last edited:

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Panthers don't have a need with Markstrom and Thomas. They have to let Markstrom take his lumps and Thomas can shepard him through until he is dealt. Philly has a need in net, Edmonton has a need in net, and Calgary has one. Beyond that, I don't think there is a team in the league that are desperate unless your #1 is out for the year

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
What needs do the Ducks have in goal?
They got four goalies right now who can/will start sometime sooner probably than later.

No thanks on the Miller front.

I assume you are thinking of John Gibson as the 4th goalie, but he is 3-4 years away still. Ryan Miller has let it be known he would like to play in southern California. I can see Anaheim dealing Hiller to Edmonton and Fasth in a package with Etem for Miller. That would create the need for Miller. Andersen can continue to back up.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I assume you are thinking of John Gibson as the 4th goalie, but he is 3-4 years away still. Ryan Miller has let it be known he would like to play in southern California. I can see Anaheim dealing Hiller to Edmonton and Fasth in a package with Etem for Miller. That would create the need for Miller. Andersen can continue to back up.

Ouch, Etem's a stud. That would be a tough trade to swallow.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
the ducks don't really need goaltending. Frederick Anderson has been playing lights out and it seems they are content with him being there #1 until Fasth comes back.

I could see us moving ellis and Watson for miller but Bryzgalov is still out there. Regardless, we're gonna need someone better than Hutton and Mezanec if we want to be playoff contenders this year.

not so sure I want miller though...especially not if a 1st is involved. I want to hold onto those unless its for a sure proven 1st liner.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
the ducks don't really need goaltending. Frederick Anderson has been playing lights out and it seems they are content with him being there #1 until Fasth comes back.

I could see us moving ellis and Watson for miller but Bryzgalov is still out there. Regardless, we're gonna need someone better than Hutton and Mezanec if we want to be playoff contenders this year.

not so sure I want miller though...especially not if a 1st is involved. I want to hold onto those unless its for a sure proven 1st liner.

I'd hate to waste talent like Ellis and Watson on a goalie we'll only use for an incomplete season. We'll probably sign Bryz or stick it out, I just can't see us sending assets the other way for a shot at the playoffs. If we were competing for a cup, sure, but we're not there yet.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I'd hate to waste talent like Ellis and Watson on a goalie we'll only use for an incomplete season. We'll probably sign Bryz or stick it out, I just can't see us sending assets the other way for a shot at the playoffs. If we were competing for a cup, sure, but we're not there yet.

i'm with you. I think we may sign bryz and could probably get him for a year at 1 or 2 mill. He wants to stay in the NHL or he would have bolted to the KHL already. He'd probably take 1 million because it gets him back in the league and he would be able to prove he can still play here and maybe garner some interest in free agency next year.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
i'm with you. I think we may sign bryz and could probably get him for a year at 1 or 2 mill. He wants to stay in the NHL or he would have bolted to the KHL already. He'd probably take 1 million because it gets him back in the league and he would be able to prove he can still play here and maybe garner some interest in free agency next year.
Why pay 1m then? 600k gets him back to the NHL too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad