Consecutive seasons making the playoffs

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
If no playoffs happen, I say Niagara keeps their streak ;) (they wont make it next year though)

Unfortunately no, that isn't how it works. The regular season is over so the playoff teams have been decided, even if it doesn't happen

But man next year is going to be tough for Niagara. There's a legit chance they get the #1 overall pick but they'll have to forfeit that pick because of their cheating sanctions.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Unfortunately no, that isn't how it works. The regular season is over so the playoff teams have been decided, even if it doesn't happen

But man next year is going to be tough for Niagara. There's a legit chance they get the #1 overall pick but they'll have to forfeit that pick because of their cheating sanctions.
Maybe they should reverse the decision by ripping Niagara of a play in game call it a wash and it was over an education package.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Maybe they should reverse the decision by ripping Niagara of a play in game call it a wash and it was over an education package.

No it wasn't, you're allowed to give education packages. It was over them saying they'd pay a player $40,000 on the side (in addition to the education package) and then snaking out of actually doing it

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

Why isn't that how it works? If the playoffs don't happen, they didn't miss the playoffs. I have a streak of seeing 20 home games live in a row. Do I lose that streak because the games got cancelled?

I'm not sure Niagara would slot into the #1 pick next year, but 1-8 for sure. Tynan is a great goalie, the defense may actually be quite decent, its a matter of if they can score goals. How good the players are that they get at #2 in the OHL draft and #4 in the Import draft will go a long way.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Why isn't that how it works? If the playoffs don't happen, they didn't miss the playoffs. I have a streak of seeing 20 home games live in a row. Do I lose that streak because the games got cancelled?

I'm not sure Niagara would slot into the #1 pick next year, but 1-8 for sure. Tynan is a great goalie, the defense may actually be quite decent, its a matter of if they can score goals. How good the players are that they get at #2 in the OHL draft and #4 in the Import draft will go a long way.

If they stopped mid-season and never deemed who the playoff teams are then yeah. But the playoffs are set (Frontenacs round out Eastern Conference playoff picture – Ontario Hockey League). If the playoffs happen or if they don't, who the 16 playoff teams are, we already know.

And idk, I don't see any way Niagara is good next year unless they go out and make trades to try to be better since they don't have their pick anyways. Tynan is good but they're losing their only 2 above average forwards in Lodnia/Castleman. No other forward was even at 0.6 points per game let alone close to over a point per game. 0 of the returning players have ever scored 20 goals. And that D-core isnt looking good to me either. I assume it's something like

Beraldo-Betts
Howard-Enright
Chanton-Cato

I don't think that D-core is getting it done next year, especially when you'll have an offence that won't score very much

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If they stopped mid-season and never deemed who the playoff teams are then yeah. But the playoffs are set (Frontenacs round out Eastern Conference playoff picture – Ontario Hockey League). If the playoffs happen or if they don't, who the 16 playoff teams are, we already know.

And idk, I don't see any way Niagara is good next year unless they go out and make trades to try to be better since they don't have their pick anyways. Tynan is good but they're losing their only 2 above average forwards in Lodnia/Castleman. No other forward was even at 0.6 points per game let alone close to over a point per game. 0 of the returning players have ever scored 20 goals. And that D-core isnt looking good to me either. I assume it's something like

Beraldo-Betts
Howard-Enright
Chanton-Cato

I don't think that D-core is getting it done next year, especially when you'll have an offence that won't score very much

The playoffs are mapped out SHOULD they happen. If they don't happen, they don't happen, and the season ended where Niagara could have had time to make it (as it was they were entitled to a tie breaker in regular circumstances)

I think you're under-rating how big of a loss the Tynan injury was to the team. I could also very well be wrong about this, but I see Cato taking a huge step next year, and to lesser extent, Enright.

I agree, the forward group looks very suspect, but there are a lot of young guys returning with upside. The wonderful thing about this league is watching these players break out.

Again, this team wont contend. If they make the playoffs, they wont win a round (unless Tynan absolutely steals it like Dahm did for the Wolves in 06 or 07, or Smith for the dogs a couple seasons later). But I don't think its a sure bet that they finish last or miss the playoffs.

Reactions: three dog night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad