Value of: Conor Sheary

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
3rd round pick seems right. He shows flashes of being a top 6 player but he's really more suitable for depth scoring and he doesn't bring much else to the table.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I would have traded him for assistance in the defense or RW/C.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I would agree that's he's probably worth a 3rd round pick. I doubt he'll ever come close to his 2016-17 numbers again unless he was put alongside a Crosby-like player, but even then he always seemed like a sort of flash in the pan as a legit top-6 player. He's a decent third liner, that's about it.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I would agree that's he's probably worth a 3rd round pick. I doubt he'll ever come close to his 2016-17 numbers again unless he was put alongside a Crosby-like player, but even then he always seemed like a sort of flash in the pan as a legit top-6 player. He's a decent third liner, that's about it.

early in the season he played with Eichel as his winger

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
he's not worth too much right now, 1 yr left @ $3m. Middle-6 F at best. Sabres don't have much scoring depth so I don't see us moving him unless it's part of a bigger deal.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
he's not worth too much right now, 1 yr left @ $3m. Middle-6 F at best. Sabres don't have much scoring depth so I don't see us moving him unless it's part of a bigger deal.
Plus, Botterill loves him some Penguins players...especially Sheary, he took on Hunwick's contract just to get Sheary.

He's safely slotted into the 3rd line LW spot.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't see Botterill moving on from one of "his guys" at this time. Maybe if they're firmly out of contention at the deadline, then some team will probably come calling looking for depth scoring at which point he may or may not be available.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

My thought was moving Sheary would give Buffalo an extra couple million to offer Skinner, put that over the top.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
My thought was moving Sheary would give Buffalo an extra couple million to offer Skinner, put that over the top.

We're in pretty good cap shape, I don't think we need to clear anything out for Skinner $. Both sides seem like they're just playing hardball, I'd be surprised if a deal didn't get done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad