Value of: Conor Sheary for JG Pageau

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i'd imagine sens wouldn't do it. sheary has been very underwhelming and isn't as good as jgp defensively. this was proposed before and the results were ok.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
It's probably close value-wise. I guess Pitt should add a bit, but even then I don't think the Sens would do it.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Probably pretty close, but if the Sens trade Pageau they might be looking for a cheaper asset.

I think either Pageau or Smith could be a great fit in Pittsburgh and I think the Sens would really target Jarry or Gustavsson. Not sure if either guy would be available.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Value seems very fair. Sens may not do it because JPG means more to their team. Pit may have to add a 3rd or something to sweeten the pot.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
This has been proposed before, and pretty sure the Sens fans said absolutely not. As a Pens fan, I do this in a heart beat. But then again I really don’t like Sheary.

Reactions: PensandCaps

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Not interested in Sheary. Smallish LW, who reaped the Crosby rewards. Picks would have to be added to make it more interesting, but I'm not sure it would make it enough interested to make a deal.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Wow, what a creative and unique idea.

For real, swap the players and pretend you have Pageau. Would you accept this deal? I personally wouldn't. I don't think Sheary has all that much value, I think teams probably view him as a product of Crosby and they would hesitate with trading a good player for him. I think you'd have to find a GM that really likes Sheary to get a team that would want to trade a Pageau level player for him. I think the best bet if the Penguins are trading Sheary is Buffalo, since Botterill was the guy who originally signed him with WBS.

If Pageau is coming to Pittsburgh, I'd guess it's for Rust, that makes more sense to me. There's a lot less of a question for whether Rust is a product of star players than Sheary (since Rust's strongest attributes are away from the puck). Rust and Cole out and Pageau in is a pretty close salary swap for this year and the Senators save some money in the long run (whether they get Cole and Rust or just Rust).

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Wow, what a creative and unique idea.

For real, swap the players and pretend you have Pageau. Would you accept this deal? I personally wouldn't. I don't think Sheary has all that much value, I think teams probably view him as a product of Crosby and they would hesitate with trading a good player for him. I think you'd have to find a GM that really likes Sheary to get a team that would want to trade a Pageau level player for him. I think the best bet if the Penguins are trading Sheary is Buffalo, since Botterill was the guy who originally signed him with WBS.

If Pageau is coming to Pittsburgh, I'd guess it's for Rust, that makes more sense to me. There's a lot less of a question for whether Rust is a product of star players than Sheary (since Rust's strongest attributes are away from the puck). Rust and Cole out and Pageau in is a pretty close salary swap for this year and the Senators save some money in the long run (whether they get Cole and Rust or just Rust).
Would not trade rust for pageau. Rust is a great player. Agreed Sheary is not good, would ideally like to find a team to give us a pick for him, maybe buffalo.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Would not trade rust for pageau. Rust is a great player. Agreed Sheary is not good, would ideally like to find a team to give us a pick for him, maybe buffalo.

How do you think Sheary is not good? Last 2 seasons: 107 games 70 points (34 goals, 36 assists). In 16/17 his production was better away from Crosby. Not having as good of a year but our whole team has been bad.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That 4 goal game really skewed people’s minds.

Pageau's value goes beyond that one 4-goal game. He's a gritty, solid defensively 3C who seems to chip in timely goals in the playoffs. I'd easily swap Sheary for that, if Ottawa bit. But they wouldn't, not without something "plus" added from Pittsburgh.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
We're just not interested in dealing Pageau. He's one of the only players we have that we know what to expect from every game.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sens wouldn't want Sheary, especially for Pageau.

Guy is the definition of opportunist, he won't have a Crosby to play with in Ottawa.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
How do you think Sheary is not good? Last 2 seasons: 107 games 70 points (34 goals, 36 assists). In 16/17 his production was better away from Crosby. Not having as good of a year but our whole team has been bad.
The vast majority of that is with Crosby. And this isn’t 16/17, he was good in the playoffs against the sharks and then the following regular season but has since fell off sharply imo. He has the Hockey IQ to play with Sid so he’s not “bad” I guess, but watching him play without Sid is disappointing. This season especially, seems all he has is speed. He mis-handles the puck just about every shift.

John Matthews

Dec 4, 2017
On a computer
Not interested in Sheary. Smallish LW, who reaped the Crosby rewards. Picks would have to be added to make it more interesting, but I'm not sure it would make it enough interested to make a deal.
Except he rarely plays with Sid and got 58% of his points off Sid's wing last year; not on it which many of those were ppp. Sure glad he reaped those rewards and why Guentzel was glued to Crosby's hip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad