Conor McGregor announces his retirement, again

member 51464

If it sticks this time, which I doubt, his career is the greatest waste of talent in MMA history.

I think Covid-19 is just making everyone crazy. I don't hold anyone to anything they say in these times.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Only opened this thread to say who cares, was very entertained to see thats what everyone else has said haha.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I think this is an indicator he is looking to return more than anything honestly. Trying to drive up that paycheck. Needs to fight Jorge for the BMF belt or something though. That's the only fight I see him actually having a shot in.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think this is an indicator he is looking to return more than anything honestly. Trying to drive up that paycheck. Needs to fight Jorge for the BMF belt or something though. That's the only fight I see him actually having a shot in.

If that fight happens, Conor will retire for real after getting demolished.

Out of all the possible fights, I think this one is the one that he has the smallest chance of winning. Jorge is too big for Conor.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
If it sticks this time, which I doubt, his career is the greatest waste of talent in MMA history.

I think Covid-19 is just making everyone crazy. I don't hold anyone to anything they say in these times.

Seeing it everywhere, personally.

I don't believe him, he is just plain frustrated if you read his quotes.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Agreed, we now have Cejudo, Jones retiring and Jorge asking to be released. It seems like a coordinated effort while it's challenging to even hold fights.

I also don't think Connor wants to fight without the crowd.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I actually think it's the opposite. I think he wants a fight and the UFC wants him to hold off.

meh, he has to understand there are limitations currently bringing international fighters over as well as finding the appropriate match up. He was complaining about UFC 250 and now the event went off. He wants a big-money fight ... that's all it is. Also, he's trying to keep himself relevant or it's a coordinated effort by the big names to wrangle more $$$ from the UFC

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
meh, he has to understand there are limitations currently bringing international fighters over

Fight Island is supposed to be a go at the end of this month which will effectively resolve that issue.

as well as finding the appropriate match up.

This is the key really. Dana himself said he'd rather see Conor wait to fight the winner of Khabib/Gaethje. I think Conor wants to fight, he said after the Cowboy fight that he wants to keep busy. The UFC will be the ones wanting Conor's next fight to be with a live gate, that's an additional $10-15M for them right there that as far as I know, Conor won't get a piece of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad