Connor Murphy, John Gibson and Reid Boucher to OHL

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Was told Connor Murphy is headed to the Sarnia Sting. Not done, but close. #OHL

https://twitter.com/#!/KellyFriesen/status/96039139937492992

Murphy has a commitment to Miami but it looks like he is joining JT Miller and Jamie Oleksiak in the OHL.

Expecting Michigan goalie recruit John Gibson (2nd rd, ANA) to be next to defect to OHL.

https://twitter.com/#!/SchlossmanGF/status/96149490062475264

Kitchener has the rights to Gibson

Red Berenson is not going to be happy:)

Last edited:

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Oleksiak jumping ship makes sense because the coach that recruited him and played for (Greg Cronin) left Northeastern. You see this sort of thing happen a lot when a coach leaves a program.

As for Gibson and Connor, sucks for NCAA hockey.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Gibson was a commit to OSU and then bailed on them to sign with us, and has now bailed on us to play in the OHL. Seems the kid has some character and commitment issues.

I have no problem with anyone choosing to play in the OHL, but to do it this late in the game leaves a pretty nasty taste in your mouth and doesn't look good on the player. IMO

IkeaMonkey*

I have no problem with anyone choosing to play in the OHL, but to do it this late in the game leaves a pretty nasty taste in your mouth and doesn't look good on the player. IMO

It's a career dude. His future employers are saying that his job "training" would better fit in another location. It would say more about his character if he went against his employer's recommendations.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Whos next?

Sounds like Reid Boucher.

Maybe Gaudreau? Mayfield? Biggs? Clendenning? Balisy? Schmaltz? Aston-Reese?

Apparently this is just the beginning with more to come.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Well I hope Gaudreau and Schmaltz come. Gaudreau would have to sign with Windsor but Schmaltz was drafted by us.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Well I hope Gaudreau and Schmaltz come. Gaudreau would have to sign with Windsor but Schmaltz was drafted by us.

gaudreau to windsor makes sense ,in light of the windsor-calgary connection

re tom webster

as for schmaltz the fact that he is not drafted yet and his mother is a univerisity

professor does not bode well

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
With more and more American kids playing hockey with legitimate opportunity to carve out good-great NHL careers this is going to be more common. College hockey IS a great developmental tool and a great situation to play in and enjoy life, but there is no doubt that the CHL is more of a fast track career path, and that view is shared by many if not most in NHL management circles.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Is there any chance Clendening joins London? Would be great to watch him play every game.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Someone I talked to said it best.....

You may be seeing all these kids come to the O after their drafted because of the loophole allowing them to go to the AHL the following year. Example: Jeremy Morin

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Gibson was a commit to OSU and then bailed on them to sign with us, and has now bailed on us to play in the OHL. Seems the kid has some character and commitment issues.

I disagree. Many times this type of move is based on recommendations by the team who drafted him. In Gibson's case, the Ducks.

Sure, it's not ideal for American hockey...but NCAA teams and programs have to know this is a major risk that could happen with any player.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Sounds like you can add Reid Boucher to the list too for Sarnia.

An undersized, clutch goal scoring forward.

The Sting will be stacked. #blackandyellow

nafsregnar27

Jul 31, 2010
Central California
I would have thought Rangers fans would have mentioned this on their forum because Gibson is an upgrade from Maxwell but it's not even being discussed. They should be estatic at least.
Hopefully USA hockey doesn't hold it against both players.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Is there any chance Clendening joins London? Would be great to watch him play every game.

Mark Hunter said it's a long shot that he'd join the Knights. But now with Jim McKellar (ex Knights ast GM) as the fulltime Ontario scout for the Hawks whispers maybe put in his ear. I think it's a long shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad