HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Connor McDavid!

PossessedHockeyCard*

Aug 11, 2016
Edmonton
Captain Kid ends his teenage years this Friday, January 13th and turns 20 yrs old.

CYoEmAZWMAEYlPK.png

His thoughts:
LINK: (http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/edmonton-oilers/terry-jones-edmonton-oilers-star-connor-mcdavid-ends-teenage-years-with-firm-focus-on-game-he-loves)

-“I’ve lived my dream. I’ve almost lived my whole life, and I’m only 20 years old."

-“I definitely feel very lucky and blessed to be in the position I’m in today,” said the young man who goes into his last game as a teenager leading the league with 48 points

-“There is so much to learn in this league,” he said. “You look at these guys who have played 10 and 15 years, they know so much when it comes to the little things on the ice. They’ve seen it all. I definitely have a lot to learn'

-“You play to win hockey games and be with the guys. You play because you love it, because you enjoy being on the ice every day and because you enjoy being around the guys and living this life. That’s all that matters. It doesn’t matter about the money.”

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He can celebrate by watching the flames play another team he played the night before.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Happy B-Day, Connor! Now that you're 20, you're technically no longer a teenager, and now officially a man...or something. Whatever. Happy Birthday! :handclap:

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
-“You play to win hockey games and be with the guys. You play because you love it, because you enjoy being on the ice every day and because you enjoy being around the guys and living this life. That’s all that matters. It doesn’t matter about the money.â€

What a perfect human

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
-“You play to win hockey games and be with the guys. You play because you love it, because you enjoy being on the ice every day and because you enjoy being around the guys and living this life. That’s all that matters. It doesn’t matter about the money.â€

What a perfect human

I loved reading that. It makes me feel comfortable that he isn't going to try and nickel-and-dime the team for every penny on his impending contract extension. I mean, I'd still sign him for whatever it takes, but he seems to understand that he can take a bit less money and be overall much happier because he'll be surrounded by a winning team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad