Connor McDavid - Whatever it Takes

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
It is a fantastic story and a testament to McDavid and how hard he works. It is also the story of 100 other athletes who have done the work and gotten back in record time from injuries.

I would bet Crosby worked hard over the last two months, I would bet Tarasenko is working his ass off to get back asap, Suter last season, etc., etc., etc., and this is just in the last nine months.
We're talking about the injury McDavid sustained specifically. You're comparing apples to oranges.

The false equivalencies and purposeful obfuscation is embarrassing. Just stop.

Reactions: North

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto
this injury would have shook the hockey world if it happened in game 82 and Oilers were in a playoff spot

95c9f6aa9aba92bd-popular-really-gif-really-discover-share-gifs.gif

Reactions: canuckster19

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
It is a fantastic story and a testament to McDavid and how hard he works. It is also the story of 100 other athletes who have done the work and gotten back in record time from injuries.

I would bet Crosby worked hard over the last two months, I would bet Tarasenko is working his ass off to get back asap, Suter last season, etc., etc., etc., and this is just in the last nine months.

Not just that; its a story about the advance of modern medicine, rehab, personal training, and fitness techniques as well. The best money can buy, the latest and greatest.

I'd love to see the story on 100s of other athletes too, just likely McDavid gets a bigger draw.

Anahome

Oct 5, 2019
Not just that; its a story about the advance of modern medicine, rehab, personal training, and fitness techniques as well. The best money can buy, the latest and greatest.

I'd love to see the story on 100s of other athletes too, just likely McDavid gets a bigger draw.
I'd like to learn about Crosby's recovery. Sport Hernia is a big problem for athletes.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

100 other athletes have been given a 2 year rehab plan and managed to do it in a summer? 100 other athletes literally spent 10+ hours a day doing rehab? I find that slightly hard to believe. There’s working hard to get back faster and then there’s coming back a year and a half sooner than you’re supposed to

Reactions: Senor Catface

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

Most impressive comeback from an injury:

More serious knee injury, about the same recovery time. So I dont think Gary is technically accurate.

Last edited:

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Oh my, best player in the world suffers major injury that could be career derailing. Completes recovery months sooner than it should be possible because he dedicated a ridiculous amount of time to his recovery and benefited from some good fortune.

Cool hot take, mod.
Pro athlete in the prime of his life listens to his doctors and trainers like he is supposed to.

I get it, he's a star and the best player, but this feels a bit played up for drama. Guys like Crosby and Stamkos suffered worse injuries that impacted their careers far more (McDavid did not even miss a game).

If you are the highest-paid athlete in a sport, you should be expected to do what he did to come back.

100 other athletes have been given a 2 year rehab plan and managed to do it in a summer? 100 other athletes literally spent 10+ hours a day doing rehab? I find that slightly hard to believe. There’s working hard to get back faster and then there’s coming back a year and a half sooner than you’re supposed to

Point to me where ANYONE reputable said he would be out 2 years. I remember some talk saying he may miss a few games and start out slow (which ended up not happening), but now you are just being hyperbolic.

Also lol at thinking he spent TEN HOURS EVERY DAY on just rehab. That much rehab would actually be counterproductive until near the end as it would be putting too much stress on the injury, and introduces significant risk.

EDIT: Also, lol at thinking a 2 year plan can be done in a summer. That goes against the ENTIRE POINT of rehab. That would be beyond idiotic. His doctors gave him a 4-6mo rehab plan most likely, and he stuck to it. It may have been an intense or aggressive rehab plan, but they did not give him a 24 month long plan that he happened to do in just 4

Last edited:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
A couple quick hits someone posted in the Oilers thread:

Oilers spent 4 million on doctors and therapists constructing a proper plan of recovery.
Tons of different medical opinions, one doctored said he NEEDED surgery and it would be a 2 year recovery timeline.
Connor spend 10+ hours a day this summer IN THE POOL rehabbing + other stuff
I'd like to spend 10 hours a day in the pool as well.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Some people in this thread...geez.

I for one, am grateful to get some insight on his rehab. Looking forward to it.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The way the media and everyone talked about it, I had no idea it was as bad as it was. Something like that will really test your patience and emotional state. Too bad for that cringy SN announcing though in the trailer. *shutter* It's so bad.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Connor, you got a $100 million contract, why you buying/renting this monstrosity. Ugly as sin. 1/10 exterior aesthetics, would not trade for him if his tastes in houses is this bad.

Lol he’s moved into a multi-million dollar house in Edmonton. His girlfriend facilitated the move while the Oilers were on a road trip towards end of November.

From what I was told, he has a shit ton of biosteel products :laugh: perks of sponsoring.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
As an Oilers fan I will definitely watch this, it will be very interesting. But in all honesty, if this was about Ovechkin, Crosby, Karlsson, etc. I would probably be on the side of people thinking it is a bit exaggerated and over dramatic...

Reactions: Sam Spade

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Damn, no surgery?! If anybody doubted it this clearly shows McDavid has tegridy! :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->