Connor McDavid - Whatever it Takes

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Geez this makes it sound like it was a lot more serious than the Oilers were letting us know at the time. Is that just for dramatic effect or was it really that serious? Either way in the end watching him play it’s obvious that he’s fine now.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The rehab will be interesting to watch in of itself.

I will watch.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Connor, you got a $100 million contract, why you buying/renting this monstrosity. Ugly as sin. 1/10 exterior aesthetics, would not trade for him if his tastes in houses is this bad.
Generational pot lights though.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No apartment for him these days...

IMG-20191118-WA0011.jpg

is that his actual house in Edmonton?

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
I can't imagine that Connor asked for this documentary to be made. Looks like cringe tv by a team/league grasping at straw to market him. Don't get me wrong obviously they should market their marquee player. But this is a strange thing to make a documentary about.

It's also weird and creepy someone posting photos of his house and another poster asking for the address.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
I’m not sure the purpose of this thread/documentary. Top players get hurt all the time and make a recovery, where’s their movie? Strange.

And that house is even stranger

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I can't imagine that Connor asked for this documentary to be made. Looks like cringe tv by a team/league grasping at straw to market him. Don't get me wrong obviously they should market their marquee player. But this is a strange thing to make a documentary about.

It's also weird and creepy someone posting photos of his house and another poster asking for the address.

Look I'm not going to do anything weird, just watch him through a window and beat off in the bushes outside.

Reactions: Austerlitz

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Giordano gets burned and makes a splendid play to stave off elimination in game 7....errr I mean a meaningless last game of the season.
Well if McDavid can go hard to the net in a meaningless game Gio has the right to go hard defending right? can’t have it both ways!

Reactions: Krewe

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
The recovery that McDavid has made is incredible. For the sake of hockey, I'm glad he doesn't appear to have lost his speed.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Oh my. :facepalm:

Guy gets hurt, works hard to recover. Cool story.
Oh my, best player in the world suffers major injury that could be career derailing. Completes recovery months sooner than it should be possible because he dedicated a ridiculous amount of time to his recovery and benefited from some good fortune.

Cool hot take, mod.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
A couple quick hits someone posted in the Oilers thread:

Oilers spent 4 million on doctors and therapists constructing a proper plan of recovery.
Tons of different medical opinions, one doctored said he NEEDED surgery and it would be a 2 year recovery timeline.
Connor spend 10+ hours a day this summer IN THE POOL rehabbing + other stuff

Reactions: RattsSSV

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
A couple quick hits someone posted in the Oilers thread:

Oilers spent 4 million on doctors and therapists constructing a proper plan of recovery.
Tons of different medical opinions, one doctored said he NEEDED surgery and it would be a 2 year recovery timeline.
Connor spend 10+ hours a day this summer IN THE POOL rehabbing + other stuff
As one poster noted, nothing to see here....:sarcasm:

Its absolutely crazy...what a summer when you are supposed to be resting up for next season...and then to come out with a pace that beats last season....but nothing to see here....

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
As one poster noted, nothing to see here....:sarcasm:

Its absolutely crazy...what a summer when you are supposed to be resting up for next season...and then to come out with a pace that beats last season....but nothing to see here....

It is a fantastic story and a testament to McDavid and how hard he works. It is also the story of 100 other athletes who have done the work and gotten back in record time from injuries.

I would bet Crosby worked hard over the last two months, I would bet Tarasenko is working his ass off to get back asap, Suter last season, etc., etc., etc., and this is just in the last nine months.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->