Connor McDavid - Whatever it Takes

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
The Gods shine down on this non flexer. Even when miraculously recovering from injury he sounds like he’s just putting together a mayonnaise sandwich at 12:24pm in his slightly dry feeling Edmonton apartment.

Good for him for being such a humble soul.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
This is certainly going to be a hard watch for Oilers/Hockey fans

this injury would have shook the hockey world if it happened in game 82 and Oilers were in a playoff spot
but since it happened in game 82 and Oilers weren't in playoffs, it kind of just faded away since he missed no games

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
The Gods shine down on this non flexer. Even when miraculously recovering from injury he sounds like he’s just putting together a mayonnaise sandwich at 12:24pm in his slightly dry feeling Edmonton apartment.

No apartment for him these days...*Edit* Took the pic down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spoilers

FlyingPhi

Jan 9, 2008
Playa Hermosa

Had to look up what a "non flexer" is... Lol

Forget his personality: you don't have to wear a Cowboy hat or wax poetic to add some meat n veg to a mayonnaise sandwich.

Can't wait to see it. Seems like it was not just a miracle, but also a serious commitment. If I'm ever lucky enough to have a child, I hope I help raise them to be so dedicated, vulnerable, and humble.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
God that dive at his ankles was reckless. I don’t think Giordano was trying to hurt him but good lord was it dangerous.

McDavid’s lucky he wasn’t hurt even more seriously.

This will be an interesting watch.

Giordano has a history of panicking and making reckless plays when beat. It speaks to his competitiveness, which surely helped him become a Norris winning defender, but he's injured a few players along the way. He didn't even learn after the McDavid injury and took down Radulov with a dangerous slewfoot takedown in OT to start the season.

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
It's incredible what McDavid's doing this season coming off of a major injury that could have changed his career trajectory and should have seen him miss significant time this season.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
No apartment for him these days...

IMG-20191118-WA0011.jpg
where is this house located?

FlyingPhi

Jan 9, 2008
Playa Hermosa
If everyone piles on Gio instead of talking about what seems to be ridiculous recovery and dedication, this will quickly become a "my Dad could beat up your Dad" thread. Perhaps we have enough of those...?

That said, is there a "Rivalry Board"? A place where there are threads dedicated to specific rivalries? If not, that would be awesome! Just need to make it no holds barred with no language censorship

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Because it was brought up, I don't blame Gio for the injury. At that speed it's all instinct, no time to think 'is it worth it?' before doing his job: stopping his opponent. Unfortunate result in a nothing game, but these guys are pros and I didn't expect Connor to take a game off and I wouldn't expect Gio to either.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
No apartment for him these days...

IMG-20191118-WA0011.jpg

Connor, you got a $100 million contract, why you buying/renting this monstrosity. Ugly as sin. 1/10 exterior aesthetics, would not trade for him if his tastes in houses is this bad.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Giordano gets burned and makes a splendid play to stave off elimination in game 7....errr I mean a meaningless last game of the season.
God that dive at his ankles was reckless. I don’t think Giordano was trying to hurt him but good lord was it dangerous.
Just another "unlucky" play Giordano happened to be involved in. :rolleyes:
Because it was brought up, I don't blame Gio for the injury. At that speed it's all instinct, no time to think 'is it worth it?' before doing his job: stopping his opponent. Unfortunate result in a nothing game, but these guys are pros and I didn't expect Connor to take a game off and I wouldn't expect Gio to either.
Why would anyone blame Giordano when McDavid grabbed his stick and yanked it so Giordano slided into him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad