Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
lol I actively root against dozens of players on a nightly basis, whats wrong with that? I want my teams players to do well and everyone else's team to do much much worse. Who cares if someone wants Eichel to do bad? I want Price to start letting in 8 goals a game, so what?

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Come on, mang... You've seen LOTS of it. TONS OF IT!!! Ask Mr. Writer. Ask FR. You just always turn a blind eye to the Usual Suspects doing that stuff because of your fondness for NCAA hockey.

Nothing wrong with NCAA hockey. I do believe going the junior route is better if one is an above average player.

Plus, you are quick to rip me but did you rip the poster who took pleasure in McDavid almost breaking his neck? I didn't think so. Why not?

I honestly never saw that. I would have ripped that poster too. I suspect most of your "usual suspects" ripped the poster too. If they saw it.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

lol I actively root against dozens of players on a nightly basis, whats wrong with that? I want my teams players to do well and everyone else's team to do much much worse. Who cares if someone wants Eichel to do bad? I want Price to start letting in 8 goals a game, so what?

Amen, brother. That's the beauty of sports... none of it really matters.

I honestly never saw that. I would have ripped that poster too.

Uh-huh... Me thinks you see what you want to see, 2525. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Ask St. Louis fans how Eichel played tonight before looking at a sports ticker.

Why not ask me? I saw the whole game. He looked like he always does. Shows flashes of brilliance sometimes, and floats sometimes.

I think Evander Kane is a mental case and if the Sabres can unload him for somewhat value they should do so ASAP. He has not grown as a player since he was 20 years old at all. Get him away from Eichel .:shakehead

Sabres need to find wingers who can bury the chances Eichel can provide but more importantly can forecheck to get the puck to Eichel much quicker than his revolving door of cronies have (not) done so far. Bylsma is a good coach and if I can see that getting the puck into his hands sooner is paramount, he cant be far behind.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Oh man, I can't wait for the Mcgifted one's return. Hockey just isn't the same without him. I'll be doing my post holiday winter escape to sunny Florida mid January and am hoping the prodigy will be fully Mchealed by then. :)

Now, as far as Jack goes. He's really not disappointing me at all. He's right around where I expected him to be. Maybe he's a little bit shy of the type of numbers I expected out of him in his rookie year, but not by much. I figured he'd be around 50 pts for the year and he's going to have to pick up the pace and soon if he wants to hit that mark.

I never really bought into last year's TSN hype to begin with. I always maintained and believed that there was a significant talent gap between the two players.... but heaven forbid a Canadian to hold a hockey opinion around these parts. It was met with the utter most contempt and dismissed entirely. And instead of the appropriate response going something like, "well, that's your opinion and I don't agree with it and I think it will be proven wrong", all I got in return was, "homer, so protective of your golden boy you just can't accept that anybody can be as good as your golden boy." And that nauseating drivel was repeated over and over again... and once more a page or two back.

And don't get me started on the Combine thread. People actually based their 1st year projections on that. too funny
As we approach U.S. thanksgiving, the sample size is getting significant. And things are becoming clearer and clearer by the day.

So, hurry up, McGifted with your generational healing so I can see you play in January. I'll be disappointed if I have to wait until next year and make the long trek to Edmonton in the winter to see you play in the new rink. And come on, Jack! get it into gear and hit the 50 point mark! That will be a fine rookie season! and another one of my many projections that will turn out to be right on the money.

And the next time I give a hockey opinion, how about people agree or disagree and leave it at that.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Nope. Not exhausting at all. It's God's work and I take pride in it.

Whiskey,

Do you know anyone who is a member of the Usual Suspects? ;)

Show me where I said anything similar to the strawmen you posted. I never even post about Seth Jones, and I've had McDavid as the better prospect since he was 15.

But you're obviously too lazy to actually fact check all of this. Instead, you prefer to "unleash your wrath" ha-ha. You're like a cartoon character Donald Trump.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

But you're obviously too lazy to actually fact check all of this. Instead, you prefer to "unleash your wrath" ha-ha. You're like a cartoon character Donald Trump.

Obviously, it is easier for you to resort to personal attacks than admit you over-hyped Eichel over and over and over again.

I understand.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Obviously, it is easier for you to resort to personal attacks than admit you over-hyped Eichel over and over and over again.

I understand.
If you claim someone said something, the onus is on you to prove it. So either find these statements or back off attacking people for what you have claimed they said.

Eichel is a good player and probably got over hyped with the generational tag, but he is in the same tier as guy like Mackinnon, Tavares and Stamkos as a prospect. But this thread has gone to insanity, with massive hyperbole on both sides. Can't believe people are taking joy out of a 18 year old kid struggling, just to win a message board debate. Its pretty clear McDavid was the better prospect, but I don't see anyone even arguing that.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Again, show me my posts where I made the claims you think these usual suspects made. Otherwise you're just trolling.

I'm not going to waste my time - reading your posts once is painful enough without reading them again ;). We all know you have been pumping Eichel's tires for years. We've also see you losing arguments in different threads trying to prove Eichel will be better than Tavares and MacKinnon. As someone said, half the time you don't even have your own opinion, you just regurgitate something you read.

You over-hyped Eichel and we both know it. More importantly, that over-hyping has turned out to be wrong. If you can't admit to it, that's your issue.

ORRF I still want to know if you would take Eichel for Bobby Ryan straight up.

No.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

If you claim someone said something, the onus is on you to prove it. So either find these statements or back off attacking people for what you have claimed they said..

There is no onus on me. I know what he's said in the past and I can say what I want. If you don't like it, block me.

Its pretty clear McDavid was the better prospect, but I don't see anyone even arguing that.

Aren't you naive. When did you start posting? It went on for years.

Ok, that tells me all I need to know.

Good.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
There is no onus on me. I know what he's said in the past and I can say what I want. If you don't like it, block me.

Aren't you naive. When did you start posting? It went on for years.

Good.
You wouldn't trade Bobby Ryan for Eichel? Thats insane, and even if I did block you it wouldn't matter because you take over this thread arguing about how your right and Eichel is going to bust. Yeah, you can say what you want, but if your going to claim someone said something then back it up, or continue arguing in the same fashion as a little kid. I know certain posters your arguing with are high on Eichel but I don't remember them saying he was clearly better than McDavid.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Show me where I said anything similar to the strawmen you posted. I never even post about Seth Jones, and I've had McDavid as the better prospect since he was 15.

your post #132 seems to contradict that claim. but whatever, not a big deal. I don't really care where you rank Jack, but you do seem to take particular issue with how I and others rank players.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1726679&page=6

and then you go on to challenge my claim of Mackinnon over Eichel "no way you can justify Mackinnon over Eichel".

It's just a hockey opinion and I don't think I really need to justify it, as it appears Nate is doing that all by himself. And I never said Nate would win the Art Ross, but that he'd score 85+...as I believed scoring would rebound somewhat from last year's lows. And so far, 21 pts in 21 games he's got a decent shot at proving me right, yet again.

Can't wait for Mcjesus to get back playing.

Last edited:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

You wouldn't trade Bobby Ryan for Eichel? Thats insane.

??? :shakehead

and even if I did block you it wouldn't matter because you take over this thread arguing about how your right and Eichel is going to bust..

Them's the breaks.

Yeah, you can say what you want, but if your going to claim someone said something then back it up, or continue arguing in the same fashion as a little kid.

I must have upset you because your last sentence is poorly written.

The simple fact of the matter is, a lot of posters over-hyped Eichel. I am holding them accountable. If you don't like it, block me.

I know certain posters your arguing with are high on Eichel but I don't remember them saying he was clearly better than McDavid.

Not your... you're. :shakehead

Please look at the posts that took place after 3 games. Look at the posts prior to this season. If you don't think it happened, again, aren't you naïve.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

So explain why you would not trade Bobby Ryan for Eichel...

No. :snide:

I have to go. I have done what I wanted to do and that was call out posters who over-hyped Eichel. Hopefully, in the future, they will think twice and post once.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Having said that, before this season, the bile thrown at McDavid by Eichel supporters was horrible. McDavid supporters said, "Okay... let's wait and see". We did.
Also, remember the posts and threads after the first 3 games? The ones that said McDavid should be sent back to the CHL and Buffalo was lucky that Edmonton got stuck with McDavid? Remember the post taking pleasure in McDavid's injury. That is all part of it.

Yep, that's exactly how it went down. And criticizing 2525 for seeing what he wants to see...

Well, now we are getting our pound of flesh.

All this talk of flesh, venom, retribution, wrath. Wasn't aware I was dealing with the divine arbiter of HFBoards.

If Canadian dominance in hockey means that much to you -- because that's really what this is about -- the next few decades are going to be painful for you. Game is growing, may as well learn to share and play nice.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Yep, that's exactly how it went down..

I agree.

And criticizing 2525 for seeing what he wants to see...

2525 and I have been buddies on HF for years. You can mind your own business on this one.

All this talk of flesh, venom, retribution, wrath. Wasn't aware I was dealing with the divine arbiter of HFBoards.

I am the "divine arbiter" of everything.

If Canadian dominance in hockey means that much to you -- because that's really what this is about -- the next few decades are going to be painful for you. Game is growing, may as well learn to share and play nice.

I heard the same thing 20 years ago when the U.S. won the World Cup and everything played out just fine.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Eichel will be a dominant player IMO. ~.8-.9 PPG career should be expected similar to players like Getzlaf, Staal etc but that's not generational. People throw that word around far too quickly. I don't even think McDavid is generational.

If McDavid/Eichel are generational, so are John Tavares, Stamkos and Patrick Kane.

Prepare to be attacked :laugh:

Rightfully so. Everything McDavid has done so far is generational. Tavares/Stamkos/PKAne didn't look half as impressive as rookies as McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad