Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Third youngest Hart winner in NHL history and sweeps the offensive awards.

Still sometimes can't believe he plays for us :)

sometimes? i watch the draft reaction videos probably once a month still, lol.... if i'm having a bad day at work, i'll often queue up a couple and it never fails to make me smile and change my mood at least somewhat

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Art Ross, Hart Trophy, Ted Lindsay...

Heck of a season for a 20 year old who came into the season with 45 games under his belt.

Remarkable player.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
sometimes? i watch the draft reaction videos probably once a month still, lol.... if i'm having a bad day at work, i'll often queue up a couple and it never fails to make me smile and change my mood at least somewhat

I have them on my phone. Sometimes I'll listen to the videos when I'm in the shower even. Such happy times!

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

Those videos always cheer me up :)

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
DC5RUT4VwAA53yt.jpg:large

:yo::yo::yo::yo:

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Thought for sure they'd say "well Connor is young and there will be many more to come" and he wouldn't get it. So great.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
http://www.tsn.ca/live/talent/the-coronation-mcdavid-sweeps-hart-lindsay-trophies-1.785976

This was cool:

McDavid and Brent Burns spent more than 30 minutes privately with the 91-year-old legend Lindsay in Las Vegas, sharing stories. McDavid seemed genuinely interested, asking questions, staying long after his itinerary was supposed to have him on to the next event.

The spry Lindsay reminisced about how the Red Wings used to travel to Montreal and New York by train for road games. And how in training camp, when teams were too cheap to buy equipment, players had to share sets of gear - so if you got the afternoon practice, you were forced to wear a teammate’s wet and sweaty pads.
“Good thing you founded the [NHLPA], we’d probably still be doing that,†McDavid joked with Lindsay.

“To meet him, and know what he’s done for hockey and all those in it, that was an incredible moment,†McDavid said. “It was so cool. He was someone that changed the game, putting together the PA. He’s someone that's helped so many players along the line, even if he’s never met them.â

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->