Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
McDavid had points on 121 of 225 goals scored by the Oilers in 2018 or 54%. Rantanen was 113 of 267 (42%). Kucherov was 109 of 313 (35%).
NHL's all time record is 57% by Mario Lemieux in 1988-89. Actual possibility that it gets broken by McDavid.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Imagine if we had actual offensive defensemen to help him out? It is amazing what Connor, Drai and Nuge have been doing in spite of the rest of the team.
Without a doubt. Can only imagine what they'd all be capable of with even halfway decent offensive D to get them the puck with a little more time and space.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Imagine if he had scoring wingers...

He draws like 3 defenders to him every play. If he had someone who was a legit one shot scorer, they couldn't triple team him, which then gives him more space, which makes him more dangerous, which would then force teams to triple team him..

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Just roll with RNH-Mcdavid-Draisaitl for the rest of the season. Call up a bunch of AHLers in the bottom 9 and pray for the best. 39 games in and the only productive forward outside of these 3 is a PTO signing. The rest of the team should be embarrassed.

Reactions: TheRebuild

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Just roll with RNH-Mcdavid-Draisaitl for the rest of the season. Call up a bunch of AHLers in the bottom 9 and pray for the best. 39 games in and the only productive forward outside of these 3 is a PTO signing. The rest of the team should be embarrassed.

When 8 forwards are underachieving, you're gonna have a bad time. They need to look in the mirror and start playing at a higher level. Which they are fully capable of.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
When 8 forwards are underachieving, you're gonna have a bad time. They need to look in the mirror and start playing at a higher level. Which they are fully capable of.
Connor is fabulous. I would like to see him commit to a 200 ft. Game though. I think him playing hard on the d side of the puck would affect his teammates in a positive way.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We should convert McDavid to D, I think that will boost morale.
Connor could play goal, while vending popcorn and be the best goalie and popcorn vender at the same time. He’s the best player on his team, and in the world. His committing to the d side of the puck would help the team.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
He has 30 points in 18 games under Hitch for 1.67 PPG and had 28 points in 20 games for 1.40 PPG under Tmac. So the change hasn't hurt him like many thought it might - not mentioning the effect the injuries have had on the team.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
ae4740d387f3401fcca796a064ad335a.jpg

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
He has 30 points in 18 games under Hitch for 1.67 PPG and had 28 points in 20 games for 1.40 PPG under Tmac. So the change hasn't hurt him like many thought it might - not mentioning the effect the injuries have had on the team.

This is a pretty good point. I wonder what his TOI has been under both. Is the TOI increase less or greater than the 20% increase in his PPG rate.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Does anybody have the stats of our record when McDavid scores a point vs. when he doesn't? I can't remember the exact numbers but I do remember that its something crazy like 2-19 when he doesn't record a point.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
NHL's all time record is 57% by Mario Lemieux in 1988-89. Actual possibility that it gets broken by McDavid.

He will flirt with it, which is insane. If you adjust for team scoring he has been far and away the top scorer for the past two and a half years.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I hate how managent is pissing away his best years by surrounding him with complete trash. The fact he’s only played in one playoffs since entering the league given his skill level and productivity is a shit stain on everyone in the upper office.

Reactions: Aerrol

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I hate how managent is pissing away his best years by surrounding him with complete trash. The fact he’s only played in one playoffs since entering the league given his skill level and productivity is a **** stain on everyone in the upper office.

The thing that hurts the most is that when Mario came into the league he was the first big piece for pitts. There wasn't much hope that he would be surrounded by much talent for a while. However, the oilers have no excuse. McD came in on what should have been the end of a rebuild. The oilers had 10 years to stockpile talent before he arrived. Chia had so many resources to put a great team around McD, he failed miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->