Connor McDavid and Jesse Puljujärvi Vs Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner going forward?

Which tandem do you choose going forward and why?

• Connor McDavid and Jesse Puljujärvi

Votes: 262 50.0%
  • Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner

Votes: 146 27.9%
  • Toronto Fan vote McDavid and Puljujärvi

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Toronto Fan vote Matthews and Marner

Votes: 53 10.1%
  • Oiler Fan vote McDavid and Puljujärvi

Votes: 43 8.2%
  • Oiler Fan vote Matthews and Marner

Votes: 11 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Wtf does this have to do with the thread? The 40 point winger was Pulj.....
Well you put down some non-existing 90 pt players.
Lets get real. 2 70 PT players vrs a 100 pt player and another player who could hit between 10-50. McDavid quite easily.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
You would think the Oilers were cup champs last year with hot takes like this lol. Two likely 80 plus point players combined are better than one 100 point player.

Why is the guy that scores over 100 points a hundred point guy and the 2 guys that are barely younger if at all are likely 10+ points better than they’ve been so far?

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
McDavid and Puljujarvi. If I'd take McDavid alone over the other two, then this is even easier. Puljujarvi is still young enough to break out at some point.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What kind of a statement is that? McDavid even if he hits over 100 points a season won't counter act Matthews and Marner likely going 165 if not more.

Well first it’s not ‘likely’ that of Marner and Matthews combine for 165 points if not more. It’s possible sure.

Second you don’t compare one player to multiple players by just totalling their respective points. Based on that logic 6 twenty point players are worth more than McDavid.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Three. McDavid, Hall, Draisaitl. Except each of these players is arguably or significantly better than Marner.

Traded Hall for a song and Marner in his first two years had better years than Hall, Drai without McDavid wouldn't be what he is and the stats prove it...can't drive a line it seems. So ya...make that 1.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Why is the guy that scores over 100 points a hundred point guy and the 2 guys that are barely younger if at all are likely 10+ points better than they’ve been so far?

So you legit believe that Matthews wouldn't have hit over 80 points last year if he was healthy? Marner had a horrible first half and look where he ended up.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Well first it’s not ‘likely’ that of Marner and Matthews combine for 165 points if not more. It’s possible sure.

Second you don’t compare one player to multiple players by just totalling their respective points. Based on that logic 6 twenty point players are worth more than McDavid.

How is it not likely? Matthews was over PPG and Marner after a terrible first half ended up with nearly 70 points. They are only getting better

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
How is it not likely? Matthews was over PPG and Marner after a terrible first half ended up with nearly 70 points. They are only getting better
Marner had 69 points. A point per game would be a huge jump. Possible but I wouldn’t say it’s likely that he gets 82 points.
I think it’s likely that McDavid increases his point totals though.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Im looking forward to the season. Puljujarvi just turned 20. Big and Very Quick. Looking a step above this pre season. Much more assertive, and his skating has improved noticeably. Really showing his skill now that he has gained some confidence. A few plays of him tonight against Vancouver (2G)

(Featuring a nice Evan Bouchard breakout pass)

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
You have to figure McDavid is good for 110-115 in a good year.

Puljujärvi may, and I'm going to stress may, be good for 50-60 in a good year. Yes he's looked good during his pre-season games, but the exact same thing was said last year and we all know how that turned out.

That's a total point production of 160-175.

Matthews should be flirting with 90-95 on a good year.

Marner is good for 80-85, possibly more given his potential upgrade in line mates.

That's a total point production of 170-180.

Both are very close, and I suspect that the Leaf twosome will out point the Edmonton duo for the most part.

But, McDavid is the best player here by a sizable margin. He makes everyone around him so much better. In a vacuum, there is an argument for M&M, but in the real world, on a sheet of ice, it's M&P quite easily.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Well you put down some non-existing 90 pt players.
Lets get real. 2 70 PT players vrs a 100 pt player and another player who could hit between 10-50. McDavid quite easily.

Come back to me after this season when both have 90 points. I'll bet that Matthews has more goals than Pulj has points and Marner has more assists than he has points.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Come back to me after this season when both have 90 points. I'll bet that Matthews has more goals than Pulj has points and Marner has more assists than he has points.

The way Puljujarvi is starting to pop, That's a pretty bold statement. If Puljujarvi does pop in 50+ points good luck. Jesse's skill level is off the charts. Looks like he is growing into his body

Reactions: CanadianSniper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad