Post-Game Talk: Connor McBowl 9:07 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
We shouldn't really complain about losing in OT. Its the 3rd period that was the problem. What's sad is that Holtby played a fantastic game and still gave up 4 goals and lost. Wtf kind of defense is that? 2 goal lead going into the 3rd. Just turtle if you have to. The Caps never used to give up 3rd period leads.

Reactions: JenniferH

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Ah well, we got a point in a tough place to play. That should put us tied with Buffalo in East standings. Time to focus on Beagle's team.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Come on, people. This team is trying to play a new aggressive style. They play so hard that they slow down late in games. That will change as their conditioning improves.
They have been legit beaten in ONE game this season. Its far from a freaking **** SHOW.
When you have a 2 goal lead going into the 3rd and you lose. It's a shit show. It has happened 4 times already this season. It is an issue that needs to be fixed. They gave to learn how to finish games. 40 minutes isn't good enough.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
We shouldn't really complain about losing in OT. Its the 3rd period that was the problem. What's sad is that Holtby played a fantastic game and still gave up 4 goals and lost. Wtf kind of defense is that? 2 goal lead going into the 3rd. Just turtle if you have to. The Caps never used to give up 3rd period leads.

It is the same shit every time. Turnovers at the blueline, bad pinches, and failed clears. And I love OV but he cannot take a minute and twenty second shift at the end of the game to try to get an empty net goal.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Come on, people. This team is trying to play a new aggressive style. They play so hard that they slow down late in games. That will change as their conditioning improves.
They have been legit beaten in ONE game this season. Its far from a freaking **** SHOW.
I'm talking about the 3rd period collapse. Tonight was the third time a collapse in the 3rd has led to a loss. It's still early so I'm not too worried but it's a bad habit they're developing.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Am I wrong in suggesting that on the OT goal maybe if Orlov stayed on his feet McDavid wouldn't have made the return pass to Drai?

Reactions: um

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
another 2 goal lead washed out, but i dont mind this one. Pretty good game and Oilers deserved their win.

Is it really too much to ask that Caps play great early in every game and play awesome late and play excellent in the middle, never-ever lose or allow goals against no matter the opponent? Right?!

Me? All I ask is to dance on the graves of my enemies.

ill award your reply with a participation medal.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Caps never deserved any chance at winning this game tonight, in spite of having a 3-1 lead. Didn't play good enough in the 1st and they played even worse in the 3rd and OT. Caps need to learn to play 60 min. They haven't quite learned to put all the facets of the game together at one time to play well for a full game. In a nutshell, the Caps are 7-2-3 mostly because they are the best 2nd period team in the NHL.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
We haven’t lost in a bad way really - in basically every game.

however, 7 combined goals or more for like the 9th out of 10th game, half a dozen 2 goal leads - most of them in 3rd period, and still giving up bad odd man rushes.

It’s cool we’re winning and playing exciting hockey - but this type of hockey is a recipe on not advancing far in playoffs.

if Reirdon has a early exit again this spring, time to really think if he’s the guy moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->