Confirmed with Link: Connor Ingram to Nashville for 7th round pick in 2021

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
The fact that no team would offer more than a 7th can mean only one thing, there's risk involved. I can't imagine what the issue is (not work ethic) but whatever it is, this confirms it's real.
Has to be he banged someone's wife/gf. Like honestly, its the only thing that makes sense.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Brisebois absolutely sucks at trading I would have rather just kept him and press boxed him that’s nothing of a return! A 7th in 2021 ?
I posted in the Syracuse thread that it may have been to send a message to everyone else. If we suppose that the max offer was like a 5th round pick, TB may have just decided to take less this one time.

If it had been a 7th rounder this year, you could make the argument that TB is targeting some guys in that range. 2021 is a complete punt.

What's his projection? NHL backup at best? Not a huge haul you could probably get out of that. Affordable, quality backups with experience, character, and work ethic are UFA, waived, or on the block every year.

AHL All-Star has been overrated here. They played by divisions so 8 goalies total were selected. An overrepresentation of the position.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBolts

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I posted in the Syracuse thread that it may have been to send a message to everyone else. If we suppose that the max offer was like a 5th round pick, TB may have just decided to take less this one time.

If it had been a 7th rounder this year, you could make the argument that TB is targeting some guys in that range. 2021 is a complete punt.

What's his projection? NHL backup at best? Not a huge haul you could probably get out of that. Affordable, quality backups with experience, character, and work ethic are UFA, waived, or on the block every year.

AHL All-Star has been overrated here. They played by divisions so 8 goalies total were selected. An overrepresentation of the position.

Do we have a rookie camp coming up? Any way they wanted him gone before then?

It's also tough to say just how much of the real story is known by GMs around the league, and this is Nashville doing us a favor by taking him off our hands.

WTF did this kid do?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Do we have a rookie camp coming up? Any way they wanted him gone before then?

It's also tough to say just how much of the real story is known by GMs around the league, and this is Nashville doing us a favor by taking him off our hands.

WTF did this kid do?
Camps start a bit after the draft, so yes. They could have also not invited him, seeing as he's played pro now, but DRAMA.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Camps start a bit after the draft, so yes. They could have also not invited him, seeing as he's played pro now, but DRAMA.

Yeah, exactly. Make the trade ASAP so there's plenty of distance between it and the rookie camp.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
This guy banged somebody's wife or of age daughter. The fact that all we got as a 7th was essentially doing us a favor to move him elsewhere and no GM in the league probably wanted this guy. This was a favor pretty much.

Damn. Wonder what happened lmao

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I thought they might trade him at the draft to collect another pick, but a 2021 7th? They really just wanted him gone I guess. Good thing our scouts love 7th rounders

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
We've been very high on leadership and off-ice behavior but somehow we've still been able to draft these headaches like Drouin, DeAngelo and this guy.

Edit: and I guess you could say Kucherov as well. I mean if he was just a 40 point guy we probably would've gotten rid of him ages ago.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Dany Heatley killed a teammate and got a bigger return. Brendan Shanahan banged a teammates wife then married her and got a bigger return. If he banged a teammates wife or gf and they traded him for a 7th because of it then Brisebois is an idiot. Not saying Ingram was getting a Heatley or Shanahan return but to get a step above future considerations for an AHL all star this past season is pathetic.

Nashville now has 3 minor league goalies under contract. How couldn't we have just traded Ingram for one of the other two? Nashville valued an ECHL goalie more than that 7th round pick. Ingram was punished by going to Orlando and he played really well for the Bears. The Pasquale news had come out before the trade so they knew they had no other goalie. Why not let him back to try to work on things with the team? Guys have done worse in pro sports and have been welcomed back, just dumb to ship him off for such a bad return.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Dany Heatley killed a teammate and got a bigger return. Brendan Shanahan banged a teammates wife then married her and got a bigger return. If he banged a teammates wife or gf and they traded him for a 7th because of it then Brisebois is an idiot. Not saying Ingram was getting a Heatley or Shanahan return but to get a step above future considerations for an AHL all star this past season is pathetic.

Nashville now has 3 minor league goalies under contract. How couldn't we have just traded Ingram for one of the other two? Nashville valued an ECHL goalie more than that 7th round pick. Ingram was punished by going to Orlando and he played really well for the Bears. The Pasquale news had come out before the trade so they knew they had no other goalie. Why not let him back to try to work on things with the team? Guys have done worse in pro sports and have been welcomed back, just dumb to ship him off for such a bad return.
Whatever he did was something that made him toxic. He crossed some kind of major line, we just don't know what it was. His agent alluded to work ethic issues, but that seems like a cover.

Drouin and DeAngelo are probably better examples. We rebuilt Drouin's value and might well have gotten over-paid, whereas DeAngelo's toxicity hurt his value at the time of the trade.

Whatever Ingram did, the dressing room didn't want him. And a face-to-face meeting with JBB resulted in another demotion. The fact that a minor league situation required a sitdown with the big boss is a pretty damning fact, and the subsequent demotion tells us the meeting didn't go well. That's kind of all we know.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It sounds like he just wanted to start and demanding a demotion to ECHL just to play games instead of competing for his job rubbed them really the wrong way. He may have been stirring the pot too much and bad mouthing teammates or something. Pasquale getting called up for the Red Wings game instead of him might've triggered him. I think the banging someone speculation is way out to lunch.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I feel like now days is different than it used to be. Feel like sports back then we were much more tolerant of poor behavior if the talent was there. Now with pc stuff it’s almost like you offend someone in some way then it’s like the worst thing you could do. That’s creeped into sports too. I’m not saying he just offended somebody but he definitely did something to piss people off and now days that might be all it takes to kill value of a player.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It sounds like he just wanted to start and demanding a demotion to ECHL just to play games instead of competing for his job rubbed them really the wrong way. He may have been stirring the pot too much and bad mouthing teammates or something. Pasquale getting called up for the Red Wings game instead of him might've triggered him. I think the banging someone speculation is way out to lunch.
I don't think that would have killed his value like this. He did something big. Pretty sure Joe smith said "little things and then one big thing."

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Whatever he did was something that made him toxic. He crossed some kind of major line, we just don't know what it was. His agent alluded to work ethic issues, but that seems like a cover.

Drouin and DeAngelo are probably better examples. We rebuilt Drouin's value and might well have gotten over-paid, whereas DeAngelo's toxicity hurt his value at the time of the trade.

Whatever Ingram did, the dressing room didn't want him. And a face-to-face meeting with JBB resulted in another demotion. The fact that a minor league situation required a sitdown with the big boss is a pretty damning fact, and the subsequent demotion tells us the meeting didn't go well. That's kind of all we know.
JBB was also GM of the Crunch at the time, and from the Orlando side, JBB doesn't put himself 'above' dealing with anyone, even at the ECHL level. He's got 24 hours in his day though, so a certain amount of delegation has to happen (and has happened with the appointment of Roest as Crunch GM.)

Ingram was well-liked in the Orlando dressing room too from what I can tell. It took him a few weeks to start playing for his new friends, and that's when he got really good.

Reactions: DFC

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Guy seems likable on Twitter, and his interviews and what he's been quoted on have always been kind and mature.

I know when the Paul Ranger thing happened there was a lot of speculation and it turned to be true. Who knows

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Im not too sure it is all that hard to figure out, when he got hurt it was what late Jan or early Feb I can't recall he was out a long while about a month or 6 weeks. He came back and played like 7 out of 10 games before being sent down. A couple of different instances he was not happy to not be the starter not much was made out of it but the timing is right. After the Druion escapades if Conner made too much noise its a good bet that mgmt. and owners made an example out of him. A 7th is a pretty steep drop for a guy that has the potential he does but then again that's all he has at this point. And there is no spot for him in Tampa Vasi is not going anywhere and Loui has this season to fall back on if Vasi goes thru a rough patch. That's the thing though Domingue has proven he deserves another chance as a starter somewhere so I will not be surprised if we trade him as well. Then Vasi will need a mature back-up that they could use that 7th on who knows whats in the works. I could see packaging JT and Loui freeing up 6.3 mil in cap even though I would like JT to stay its whats best for the team and that is a long term signed Brayden Point.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Im not too sure it is all that hard to figure out, when he got hurt it was what late Jan or early Feb I can't recall he was out a long while about a month or 6 weeks. He came back and played like 7 out of 10 games before being sent down. A couple of different instances he was not happy to not be the starter not much was made out of it but the timing is right. After the Druion escapades if Conner made too much noise its a good bet that mgmt. and owners made an example out of him. A 7th is a pretty steep drop for a guy that has the potential he does but then again that's all he has at this point. And there is no spot for him in Tampa Vasi is not going anywhere and Loui has this season to fall back on if Vasi goes thru a rough patch. That's the thing though Domingue has proven he deserves another chance as a starter somewhere so I will not be surprised if we trade him as well. Then Vasi will need a mature back-up that they could use that 7th on who knows whats in the works. I could see packaging JT and Loui freeing up 6.3 mil in cap even though I would like JT to stay its whats best for the team and that is a long term signed Brayden Point.

Plenty of players have complained about wanting a bigger role or not getting enough playing time. That can't be the reason he went for a 7th in 3 years. Those players get shipped for lesser value at times but not to the extent Ingram was, he was an AHL all star a few months ago. His value doesn't tank that bad because he felt he should start more.

As for the other part, Domingue is a UFA after this year, when are you trading him? I can't see us moving him this summer with no one in the system that you could trust to be a backup or even a 3rd goalie. He will ride out the year and then walk for more money or take less to stay. If we had Ingram I would have considered it because I felt he was close to warranting a call up and a game or two to see what he's got but that's gone now.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Plenty of players have complained about wanting a bigger role or not getting enough playing time. That can't be the reason he went for a 7th in 3 years. Those players get shipped for lesser value at times but not to the extent Ingram was, he was an AHL all star a few months ago. His value doesn't tank that bad because he felt he should start more.

As for the other part, Domingue is a UFA after this year, when are you trading him? I can't see us moving him this summer with no one in the system that you could trust to be a backup or even a 3rd goalie. He will ride out the year and then walk for more money or take less to stay. If we had Ingram I would have considered it because I felt he was close to warranting a call up and a game or two to see what he's got but that's gone now.
I would trade him before the draft and pick up one of the gazillion F/A back-ups looking for a job. get young b prospect and a pick for this years draft. Would I feel better if Loui was the back up here yes but the guy deserves another chance his timeclock is ticking he has value. Your not gonna get a 1st for him but adding an early 3rd from a team like Buffalo along with a prospect is good for a team that will remain in a Cap watch for the next few years as the kids hit there payday,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad