Confirmed with Link: Connor Ingram to Nashville for 7th round pick in 2021

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
May have some issues but to only get a 7th rounder for one of the best AHL goalie last year is pathetic. JBB has made a stupid move here.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
May have some issues but to only get a 7th rounder for one of the best AHL goalie last year is pathetic. JBB has made a stupid move here.

What do you do if its literally all a team would offer? Keep him? What if that just isnt an option either? Something clearly happened that the rest of the league knows what happened and arnt willing to give much.

Reactions: Bevans

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
My guess with Ingram is that he doesn’t have the ambition to play in the NHL. That way it wouldn’t really be an attitude issue and would explain why no one wants him either. Some people just aren’t ready to commit their whole life to hockey.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
My guess with Ingram is that he doesn’t have the ambition to play in the NHL. That way it wouldn’t really be an attitude issue and would explain why no one wants him either. Some people just aren’t ready to commit their whole life to hockey.
You mean like he already has?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Now lets say that this was the case. Would it be pathetic to still get only a 7th round pick for a player who doesnt want to commit to NHL life? Id be surprised a team wants to give anything in that case. If this was the case a 7th is great because your basically giving another team the chance to try to make him commit to the NHL. If that is pretty set in stone then wouldnt you be surprised that you got anything in this case? Hypotheticals but thats all we have at this time. Now you may still be right and it was an awful move but until we know what happened, I cant really say how we should react. Calling it pathetic without knowing is premature in my opinion.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
"JUNE 14: Nashville Predators acquire goaltender Connor Ingram from Tampa Bay Lightning for seventh round draft selection in 2021."

Welp. That sucks.
Brisebois absolutely sucks at trading I would have rather just kept him and press boxed him that’s nothing of a return! A 7th in 2021 ?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Now lets say that this was the case. Would it be pathetic to still get only a 7th round pick for a player who doesnt want to commit to NHL life? Id be surprised a team wants to give anything in that case. If this was the case a 7th is great because your basically giving another team the chance to try to make him commit to the NHL. If that is pretty set in stone then wouldnt you be surprised that you got anything in this case? Hypotheticals but thats all we have at this time. Now you may still be right and it was an awful move but until we know what happened, I cant really say how we should react. Calling it pathetic without knowing is premature in my opinion.

Unless he was literal cancer, there is really no excuse to not get a better return. We basically got nothing in return for an AHL top goalie who has been trending up since he has been drafted. We got more for Drouin and DeAngelo who both had a very public falling out. Drouin higher profile, DeAngelo not so much.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Unless he was literal cancer, there is really no excuse to not get a better return. We basically got nothing in return for an AHL top goalie who has been trending up since he has been drafted. We got more for Drouin and DeAngelo who both had a very public falling out. Drouin higher profile, DeAngelo not so much.
Brisebois does not have the patience yzerman did as a gm

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Brisebois absolutely sucks at trading I would have rather just kept him and press boxed him that’s nothing of a return! A 7th in 2021 ?

Ok you would rather have gotten nothing. Especially with how well the team has done in picking late and udfa?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Ok you would rather have gotten nothing. Especially with how well the team has done in picking late and udfa?
He still has a year on his contract, we could have waited during the season, or packaged him in with Callahan and some other stuff for a bigger deal.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

My point is that what do you do if that is all another team would give you and you clearly want him out too? Something feels different with this and the DeAngelo/Drouin trades. We didnt want him near the AHL team. When that is well known and the only other choice is to send him to the ECHL where his development will not be as good hindering his trade value more or you make him sit. Then hes not even playing. Something just feels off with it and I find it hard to believe we couldnt get more than a 7th rounder for a guy who was one of the best AHL goalies out there.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
My point is that what do you do if that is all another team would give you and you clearly want him out too? Something feels different with this and the DeAngelo/Drouin trades. We didnt want him near the AHL team. When that is well known and the only other choice is to send him to the ECHL where his development will not be as good hindering his trade value more or you make him sit. Then hes not even playing. Something just feels off with it and I find it hard to believe we couldnt get more than a 7th rounder for a guy who was one of the best AHL goalies out there.
I remember when this all came out we tossed around the idea that he boned someone's wife/gf. I am going back to that idea.

Reactions: Stammertime91

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
He still has a year on his contract, we could have waited during the season, or packaged him in with Callahan and some other stuff for a bigger deal.

Maybe or maybe we couldnt even do that? Do we really think we didnt try? Werent they trying to move him at the deadline? Some team that needed a goalie prospect wouldnt trade for one of the best in the AHL?

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
The fact that no team would offer more than a 7th can mean only one thing, there's risk involved. I can't imagine what the issue is (not work ethic) but whatever it is, this confirms it's real.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->