Connor Cook

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I just wanted to see what everyone's opinion of Connor Cook is. Where do you think he will go in the draft, what NFL QB do you think he best compares to, how does he compare to other recently drafted QBs, and how much success do you think he has in the NFL?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
"why where your teammates not at your birthday party?" and He's probably gonna goo high, which he shouldn't.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
We have a draft thread but he's a 3rd round pick who will get drafted higher than that. He could be a decent starter in the right scheme.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Watch Cook play, even the Michigan alum, McShay loves him.

MSU has no running game, injured O-Line. WR's struggle to get separation and he's still putting up strong numbers.

McShay also thought Blaine Gabbert was the most pro ready qb he ever saw.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Cook can be an above average quarterback at best in the league. He wont be an elite game changer. The only chance of that happening is if everything goes right for that team.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
McShay also thought Blaine Gabbert was the most pro ready qb he ever saw.

To be fair, it wasn't just McShay, I keep my draft magazines that I buy as trophies of a sort (fun to look back on) and a **** ton of people thought Gabbert was the most pro ready QB in a while that year.

Dammit Gene Smith, why didn't you just keep your picks and take Kerrigan and then trade up for Dalton in the 2nd? :laugh::cry:

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
To be fair, it wasn't just McShay, I keep my draft magazines that I buy as trophies of a sort (fun to look back on) and a **** ton of people thought Gabbert was the most pro ready QB in a while that year.

Dammit Gene Smith, why didn't you just keep your picks and take Kerrigan and then trade up for Dalton in the 2nd? :laugh::cry:

Dalton would have turned out like Gabbert on those teams. Gabbert now has QB ptsd. I thought he probably needed to sit for a year or two coming out.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I really haven't seen Cook take over a game lately and that's the only part that bugs me. He should absolutely have dissected a lot of the secondaries MSU has faced this year and failed to do so. I'd be hesitant.

(for the record I thought Cook would be a top 5 pick before the year began)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I said a few times then and still willing to now, I never understood Gabbert and thought Chase Daniel (his predecessor) would be the better pro. If Daniel could just get on the damn field, I think I'll be proven right.

I haven't been enamored with Cook this season, either.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
^^^^ that guy knows his football

Chase Daniels was a lot better than Gabbert. Always thought Chase was underrated. Sometimes they just need to let these guys who don't have the "Pro Body" or "Pro Arm" have a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad