Former Bruins Connor Clifton

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
Would of....but its not working
maybe if you would have....

....Steve Kampfer looked pretty good here too back in his first stint with the Bruins....
he did. he put up crazy pluses, even relative to the stars he skated with. Clifton's start has been similar, but from a less flashy more structured style that should be possible to maintain and improve. he seems like the real deal. I liked Kampfer, who makes a good seventh/eighth now; I am happy to have him back, but I'd happily cut him to keep Clifton.

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
I’ve been impressed with his play. He kept up with Barzal and played the body on him early last night in the 1st. Most people get burned there. He also plays with an edge and likes to hit. Diamond in the rough.

Reactions: Salem13

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Had no idea who he was when he came up but he certainly had looked pretty solid so far. Thing is once everyone is heth he definitely sits with Miller, Carlo and McAvoy ahead of him. Would be fine with him as the 7th D over Kampfer though.

Reactions: Salem13 and Dr Hook

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Had no idea who he was when he came up but he certainly had looked pretty solid so far. Thing is once everyone is heth he definitely sits with Miller, Carlo and McAvoy ahead of him. Would be fine with him as the 7th D over Kampfer though.

Clifton is on his way to become a regular imo. If not this season, then next

Reactions: Salem13

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Agree, Kampfer can go to Providence and help stabilize the blue line there and probably do a fantastic job of it. I know he's been okay at times in a difficult situation, but the more he plays the more we see why he's never established himself as an NHL regular. While Clifton might be another Kampfer in the long run, he's showing some real potential right now and it makes more sense to give him the shot. That said, I do wonder whether he is better off in the press box or playing regular Providence minutes, assuming we ever get a 100% healthy blue line.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I would send him to Providence over keeping him as the 7th right now, reports from Providence was that he was easily the most improved player over the course of last year and I don't think spending more time under Leach would be bad for him. If a RD goes down we can easily call him up and stick him back in the lineup. I don't know what he will turn out to be but his rapid improvement on D is really encouraging because he always had the offensive game.

MillerTime86

Nov 30, 2018
I would send him to Providence over keeping him as the 7th right now, reports from Providence was that he was easily the most improved player over the course of last year and I don't think spending more time under Leach would be bad for him. If a RD goes down we can easily call him up and stick him back in the lineup. I don't know what he will turn out to be but his rapid improvement on D is really encouraging because he always had the offensive game.
Agreed. He’s better off playing in Providence than sitting as the 7th defenseman. That’s Kampfer’s job. If Clifton is needed, he’s an hour away. Would rather see him continue with his development than sitting.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I'd prefer Clifton over Kampfer as the 7th defenseman. In addition to his ability I love his guts & brass, he's not afraid of anyone out there. Jason Spezza sure found that out :naughty:

I think he's the answer as the the second line RW. Give him a try once everyone returns healthy he can skate,hit and has some offense. Id rather see Wagner,Acciari in the press-box than him and if need be you can always put him back on d if circumstances arise.

Of course this is just tongue and cheek but I do like the emotion he brings and I feel he could play forward if need be and I would most certainly rather see him in the line-up over Acciari and Wagner.

Reactions: Flannelman and BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think he's the answer as the the second line RW. Give him a try once everyone returns healthy he can skate,hit and has some offense. Id rather see Wagner,Acciari in the press-box than him and if need be you can always put him back on d if circumstances arise.

Of course this is just tongue and cheek but I do like the emotion he brings and I feel he could play forward if need be and I would most certainly rather see him in the line-up over Acciari and Wagner.
why not? Buff played forward, many may not recall as he wasn`t exactly a star up there but Boychuk, while in Colorado was used as a forward, can`t hurt at this stage

Reactions: TCB

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
This kid can play and not afraid to be hit to move pucks.Very impressed by him tonite just as I was earlier in season by him.
Agree totally. Say what you will about our depth at forward, our D is very deep IMO.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Clifton is like a poor man's Charlie McAvoy.

For a guy who is like 9th on our depth chart or whatever that's pretty high praise.

BruinsNetwork

Clifton is like a poor man's Charlie McAvoy.

For a guy who is like 9th on our depth chart or whatever that's pretty high praise.

Think he’s pretty close to what people expected Colin Miller to be. My favorite aspect of Clifton’s game is his energy. He comes off the bench and plays each shift like he has a chance to win the game.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Think he’s pretty close to what people expected Colin Miller to be. My favorite aspect of Clifton’s game is his energy. He comes off the bench and plays each shift like he has a chance to win the game.

Good call. He is so aggressive, my eyes are drawn to him every time he takes the ice.

I hope he carves out a nice career for himself. Will be interesting to see what the Bruins do with him. He's a nice asset to have with just a $725k cap hit through next year and it looks like he is still an RFA after. At worst, he is a good contributor in Providence.

Reactions: BMC and TCB

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I don’t see it. Last time I saw him in Providence he was like the leader of the D. He was directing things in the ice. He was the go to minutes guy and was involved in almost every fasit of the game. I did see that in Colin at all.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I don’t see it. Last time I saw him in Providence he was like the leader of the D. He was directing things in the ice. He was the go to minutes guy and was involved in almost every fasit of the game. I did see that in Colin at all.
Exactly - he's what we expected Colin to be, not what he was.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Exactly - he's what we expected Colin to be, not what he was.
To me, Colin was an offensive guy but didn’t really run things or was vocal. IDK. I wasn’t in the locker room. I saw a leader down there directing every time he was on the ice. Different players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad