Confirmed with Link: Connor Carrick to Dallas

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If we end up with 8 defenseman on the roster permanetly again ...

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
good trade for Dallas. Carrick is a decent skater, gritty for his size has some offensive skills with a decent shot. Wish we kept him over Marincin and Holl. Way better then Polak. Should be in the mix for regular ice time for you guys.

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nill loves having 8 D.

I mean the last couple of years it was at least Stars prospects he wasn't willing to waive but if he does the same shit with Polak or Carrick who weren't even drafted by Dallas and both just got aquired there's something clearly wrong here. Polak is 32 and on a one year contract . If you don't think he fits with the team just cut bait . Yeah he was just signed but admit mistaked cut bait and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1) Enter into July 1st with Klingberg, Lindell, Heiskanen, Honka, Methot, Johns, Heatherington, Bayreuther

2) Desire a depth defenseman, because you suck at developing them

3) Sign Roman Polak on the first day of free agency {for whatever reason}

4) An injury occurs and you need a depth defenseman

5) Recognize Bayreuther and Heatherington aren't that great of options for the bottom pairing.

6) Note that you signed Roman Polak on July 1st... ignore this because you f***ed up back in July. It is the first day of October.

7) Trade a bag of pucks for a #6/7 defenseman because there are always cheap depth options this time of year

8) Replace the injured defenseman with your newly acquired depth defender.

9) Hope that Roman Polak is a Character Guy in the dressing room

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
GRIT(ty)

veteran leadership

physical game played by physical men

etc

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
After watching four (4) instagram videos of Carrick training, I am completely {ON} board with him joining the team. Please introduce Heiskanen to your trainer thanks.

Reactions: Morry83

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Johns injury has to be worse than originally thought and Carrick looks to be our 3rd RHD.

Obviously Bayreuther isn’t quite full-time ready but had been fighting Polak for 7th spot.

When Johns get back, hopefully soon, Polak looks to be placed on waivers.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I mean the last couple of years it was at least Stars prospects he wasn't willing to waive but if he does the same **** with Polak or Carrick who weren't even drafted by Dallas and both just got aquired there's something clearly wrong here. Polak is 32 and on a one year contract . If you don't think he fits with the team just cut bait . Yeah he was just signed but admit mistaked cut bait and move on.
I agree. Polak was a mistake signing. Thankfully very cheap and for just one year. Eat the bad move and move on.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
I think the fact that they signed him within the first 12 hours of free agency to be very problematic and deserves to be emphasized accordingly.
Well you see, they didn't want another team to grab him before us. Smart move by management.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By "this", I mean why the hell did we sign Roman Polak on J U L Y F I R S T?

I don't know maybe it was about adding another Czech buddy for Faksa ? Since Hanzal is hurt and might never play again same with Hemsky and Hudler ( who both hung around the Stars prior to training camp ) .

Makes as much sense as anything else i could think of. The team seemingly likes to collect nationalities in groups nowadays

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
And so it begins.

Polak playing over Carrick. Let's hope this is just for practice. Also where is Nichushkin? Still hurt I suppose?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->