Confirmed with Link: Connor Carrick to Dallas

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
I don't follow the Leafs well enough to know if this is good for us not. Anyone want to summarize ? Is it good.......

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Cool, I guess?

Bayreuther must be getting sent down soon.

I would imagine this means Johns' injury is more severe than initially expected. Carrick is a RHD, so this also probably keeps Heiskanen on the left side all season.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
I don't follow the Leafs well enough to know if this is good for us not. Anyone want to summarize ? Is it good.......

Connor Carrick has been struggling... is a good supplemental piece to a good player. (his possession numbers were nuts when playing with gardiner for example)

is undersized, has a good shot. 4th D probable if he cleans up his game.

probably the smartest player you will ever know. Gives the best interviews in the game.

edit: oh and yes i'd take him over polak every day of the week

Reactions: Smelling Salt

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ohm ok i guess ? Polak or Carrick at #7 well not sure it makes a difference. Bayreuther will be send down now pretty much guaranteed even if Johns is injured.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Probably mean the team is REALLY uncomfortable with Polak actually playing and don't think Bayreuther is ready. Yesterday that pairing looked rough again.

Johns might actually be out for a while if we claim someone .

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wtf. Okay I suppose he is better than Bayreuther or Polak but still. Will likely be our 7th d so what happens to Polak when Johns comes back?

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
in AHL, Carrick is one of two defenders who has won the points stats in playoff this century.

Vacheron

Dec 11, 2016
giphy.gif

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Leaf fan here and marlies fan i watch every game.

Bottom Line: Carrick is an ahl stud and a serviceable NHL defender who i wish we had kept over our other 2 guys they kept in maricinin and holl. Carrick will hands down be a nhl defender no problem, the only question is he a strictly a 6th or could he figure it out and become a 4d or 5d. Regardless good trade for dallas as a 7th round pick for a guy who IMO can play as a regular in the nhl is a good deal.

Polak is absolutely abysmal and you guys shouldnt have him even for your ahl team.

Cheers and good luck connor you deserve a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad