Connor Brown vs Jesse Puljujärvi

Who is the better hockey player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Who is the better hockey player right now?

Ignore age and contract, so no projection

Consider recent past usage, linemates, team, etc

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Put Connor Brown with McDavid and Draisaitl and he's probably a point per game. This can't be close.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Pulju was basically stapled to McDavid this year and only managed a 0.55 PPG clip. He was gifted the best opportunity in hockey and that's all he had to show. Evander Kane was given the same opportunity and scored at a 50 goal pace as an Oiler...

I'd take Connor Brown easily but I do acknowledge Pulju still has upside and has it in him to be a 25 goal/25 assist guy

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
If Puljujarvi ever carves a career similar to Brown him and the Oilers will be jumping for joy.

There’s not even a comparison right now. Great little player, and I’ve watched a lot of Oilers hockey this year. He overskates pucks, trips over himself, whiffs on one timers, fumbles the puck and passes.

Connor Brown is one of the most polished hockey players in the league and will be a coach’s favourite (in a non-annoying way) on any team.

Puljujarvi is at risk for being scratched every time he’s on the ice the way he plays right now.

I wouldn't say PPG, but he could probably match Hyman.
I think he would be 65-70+. His lack of finish would he masked heavily by Draisatl’s scoring touch.

I can already see it in my head, Brown retrieves the puck on the forecheck, dishes it to Nuge, cross seam pass to Draisatl in his office. All day.

Nuge - Draisatl - Brown would be a monster line that’s also not a defensive liability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad