Value of: Connor Brown to Toronto

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He was like a 4th generation Leafs fan - His dream was to be a Leaf.
Also real popular in the room. I remember hearing Marner say that Brown's (said Brownie like every hockey player nicknames teammates with the ie or y at the end) was the hang out spot for the young Leafs.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Brown cow. He's a good guy. Purely as a defensive forward I wouldn't mind him back. I know his scoring touch is crap, even though he scored a nice goal against Leafs last game.

If he comes for practically free I don't mind, but I feel the Sens will hang onto him. People don't mention a lot but he seems like a big part of that team (imo)

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
I remember when Babcock wanted to spark the Matthews line, Babcock would replace Nylander with Brown and create the Hyman-Matthews-Brown line. How about trying Marner out for once? Fun times.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
I remember when Babcock wanted to spark the Matthews line, Babcock would replace Nylander with Brown and create the Hyman-Matthews-Brown line. How about trying Marner out for once? Fun times.
Oh that guy was such a moron

Reactions: Petrus

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
We just traded away 2 of our 3 million dollar 3rd liners and will probably be trying to dump Kerfoot in the off-season. We can't afford him.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Leafs fan propose. Leafs fan(s) tell Ottawa he has no chance of coming back. Leafs thread. I like Brown. He's worth more here simply because he brings some veteran leadership. I wouldn't trade him for peanuts which is what is being offered. /thread

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Love Brown, hard worker and brings a lot of good qualities but his salary is tough to fit in and bottom six RW's aren't really a strong need. Need a more legit top 6 LW option.

Reactions: Menzinger

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Very happy with him in Ottawa. He was the sweetener for us to get rid of the worst D man in hockey in exchange for Zaitsev who has been a rare bright light beyond Chabot on the back end this year. What a trade that was.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Connor Brown has proven chemistry with the Leaf stars and could help the forward depth as he can move anywhere in the lineup.

He has been coached by Keefe and is familiar with his system so it looks like there's value there. If the dollars could work out, within reason, what could be the price tag for Toronto?
i wish we still had him i like this player but the ship has sailed.........

Reactions: Ciao

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Leafs fan propose. Leafs fan(s) tell Ottawa he has no chance of coming back. Leafs thread. I like Brown. He's worth more here simply because he brings some veteran leadership. I wouldn't trade him for peanuts which is what is being offered. /thread

Peanuts are not being offered. Nothing is being offered. There is no fit on the Leafs for him. He's not the type of player Toronto needs.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Peanuts are not being offered. Nothing is being offered. There is no fit on the Leafs for him. He's not the type of player Toronto needs.

Ya who needs a good 2 way forward, good for a 1/2 point per game.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
He had too many guys ahead of him in the lineup which is why he was traded in the first place. I love the guy and his work ethic but there's no spot for him here.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
As a sens fan, I've never understood why you gave us Brown in that trade. He's been great for us. I know our standards aren't the highest but you could have got more for him i think.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don’t know. Proven 20 goal scorer won’t come cheap.

He's more of a "one time" 20 goal scorer and that was back in 2016-17. Alex Galchenyuk scored 30 in 2015-16 and we got him for nothing.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
As a sens fan, I've never understood why you gave us Brown in that trade. He's been great for us. I know our standards aren't the highest but you could have got more for him i think.

I think the "poisoned pill" in that trade was taking Zaitsev, though he's not that bad if you don't have any cap issues.

Reactions: Menzinger

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
He's more of a "one time" 20 goal scorer and that was back in 2016-17. Alex Galchenyuk scored 30 in 2015-16 and we got him for nothing.
I’m aware. I’m referring to how some posts claimed Conner Brown was so valuable back then, but now that season was cause he’s was riding shotgun to Matthews

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad