Value of: Connor Brown to Toronto

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Connor Brown has proven chemistry with the Leaf stars and could help the forward depth as he can move anywhere in the lineup.

He has been coached by Keefe and is familiar with his system so it looks like there's value there. If the dollars could work out, within reason, what could be the price tag for Toronto?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
He's not good enough for the top six and the Leafs have a bunch of options for the bottom six. Not worth spending assets on him and I'd rather save the cap for a better option.

Reactions: Ciao

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I know he got much better once we traded him but he also got a much better opportunity
we always knew he had that in him from his rookie season.

After that he got pushed too far down the depth charts and was making too much money for being on our 4th line.

I'm glad he's been successful since the trade. always liked Brown always will and hope the best for him but Just not a good fit for him in Toronto :(

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
To be fair, there is probably some merit to the suggestion of putting him on a line with Nylander on the left. Maybe as a way to get JT going, maybe as a 3rd line with Kerfoot.. but the cap will get in the way, and the Leafs have Hyman and Simmonds who can probably do the same.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No, he got buried behind Marner, Nylander and Kapanen. Now that Keefe is willing to play Willy on the Left, and Kapanen is gone their is a clear opening, but I'd be a bit surprised to see him return.

Maybe as a UFA. I think he liked being a Leaf but he was totally buried behind a ton of forward depth for a lot of years.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I love brownie, but the whole reason he left is because the leafs couldn't afford to pay him for what he brings. That hasn't changed, so it's a pass from me. Would def help the pk though, oh well

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Connor Brown is a hometown boy and a great player and guy but there isn't room for him.
He plays right wing which we have an abundance of. Also, the Leaf's more pressing issue is a good top 6 LW, and that's only if Robertson doesn't pan out.

Reactions: Ciao

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Seems like there's been 20 straight posts so far from Leafs fans, so I'll just chime for the other side that the team isn't looking to trade him and we're happy with what he brings to the table. As a token of appreciation for your interest in Connor Brown, however, we are willing to send you one Artem Anisimov free of charge. You can put him your lineup, your press-box, or anywhere else in MLSE with critical vacancies during this difficult time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad