Confirmed with Link: Connor Brown OHL Player of the Year

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Congratulations Brown!

Now, what does it mean for his future as an NHL player? Nothing, not a darned thing. He's still more likely to BUST than make it to the NHL and play more than 100 games.

I wouldn't really label a 6th rounder not making the show as a "bust". If anything this was just a tremendous value pick and great selection by the Leafs who has a good shot at the NHL if he continues to develop his pro game.

Tyler Biggs*

For those critics who never ever saw an Erie game, Brown played on the same line with Dane Fox for the whole year and McDavid only spent portions of the year on that line. Fox BTW had a career year i.e. 64 goals in 67 games, whereas his previous high was 19.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
For those critics who never ever saw an Erie game, Brown played on the same line with Dane Fox for the whole year and McDavid only spent portions of the year on that line. Fox BTW had a career year i.e. 64 goals in 67 games, whereas his previous high was 19.

He still is a great free wallet for the Nucks, however some would say he still could be a bust:laugh:

Tyler Biggs*

I don't remember former award winners Perry, Tavares, Seguin, Boyes etc. ever going to Europe to play so the award must have some merit and Brown certainly deserves the prestige that goes with winning it.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Congratulations Brown!

Now, what does it mean for his future as an NHL player? Nothing, not a darned thing. He's still more likely to BUST than make it to the NHL and play more than 100 games.

Are you ever not sour about things? Jesus Christ, what more could he have done to prove his worth? Kid will be an nhler some day for sure

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I don't remember former award winners Perry, Tavares, Seguin, Boyes etc. ever going to Europe to play so the award must have some merit and Brown certainly deserves the prestige that goes with winning it.

He's got great company

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
He's got great company

He has some great company, some decent company, and some pretty ba company.

If you just listed the names of the last 25 winners if he award, nobody would guess that is was for the leagues best player. Back-to-back winners include Alyn McCauley and Corey Locke. Clark Wilm won it too.

Being a great OHL player does not mean that translates to the NHL. Hopefully it does for Brown.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
After seeing Tyler Johnson putting up 50 points in the NHL I do think that size should not hold Brown back. And seeing as he seem to be a super serious and committed player he can work through the hurdles in front of him.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
He has some great company, some decent company, and some pretty bad company.

If you just listed the names of the last 25 winners if he award, nobody would guess that is was for the leagues best player. Back-to-back winners include Alyn McCauley and Corey Locke. Clark Wilm won it too.

Being a great OHL player does not mean that translates to the NHL. Hopefully it does for Brown.

True, but a good OHL player is better than a bad OHL player when it comes to prospects every time. :)

Optimism is alive and well with this one still.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
True, but a good OHL player is better than a bad OHL player when it comes to prospects every time. :)

Optimism is alive and well with this one still.

Oh definitely. Connor Brown has improved a lot since being drafted. He has turned himself into a prospect with top-6 forward potential. I am just trying to balance the expectations a little bit - he is still a long shot.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Kid has a lot of offensive talent - his hands, shot and hockey IQ are all very good. However, he is small and not particularly fast. I'd say, if everything goes really, really well for him, his upside is a Sam Gagner type of player. Obviously that would be really excellent for a 6th round pick, but I don't see him as a big game changer for us.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He has some great company, some decent company, and some pretty ba company.

McCauley wasn't the only NHLer who had his career derailed by a concussion ... Lindros.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
For Brown himself, the NHL is not the only game if it is about being a pro.

Dan Hodgson had a long European career. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=27196

Yeah, but what a pain in the *** to get paid playing hockey in Switzerland...

yash_chopras_switzerland_where_to_find_it.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad