Value of: Connor Brown + Jeremy Bracco to Chicago

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Leafs need is a RD, defensive, physical.... so, basically Connor Murphy. I highly doubt he'd be on the table, particularly in a Connor's swap..... so pretty much the conversation ends there
Murphy likely isn't available. I wouldn't say he's entirely untouchable, but not likely to be moved.

What would you propose for him?

Last edited:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
If you think any of those players pull Bracco you should stop watching hockey. When have I ever mentioned Zaitsev?

I needed to upgrade Chicago's side and downgrade ours - standard stuff. I never said anything about those Chicago players. Our forwards are too good. :eek:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I get that Chicago's trying to do a youth movement on the fly and needs to take advantage of some teams to do so. Keep chatting with Arizona, I don't think there's a deal with Toronto.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Bracco is meh at best and brown is worthless he’s basically perlini but more expensive

Not piece worth a 19 year old defensemen that already has nhl value.
martin-lawrence-you-so-crazy-edit.jpg

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
as i keep seeing, posters are still trying to add D-cat with any trade for Brown or any lower tier prospects...... c'mon and wake up. D-cat is going no where.

ref Brown , he is at best a 3rd line forwar/center who may be a play-maker who will have his points in a assist. but not if he doesn't see the 2nd line or better and i don't see that of him.

the pkg org offered is a fair pkg and will provide bodies of equal talent expected from Brown. truth be told, i think it may be an over-kill.

Sikura, Forsling and esp Perlini is really the right price. either way, that is my opinion.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Bracco is meh at best and brown is worthless he’s basically perlini but more expensive

Not piece worth a 19 year old defensemen that already has nhl value.

This is hilarious...so your 19 year old that already got sent back down to the AHL is great but a 21 year old smoking the AHL is meh...haha.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
as i keep seeing, posters are still trying to add D-cat with any trade for Brown or any lower tier prospects...... c'mon and wake up. D-cat is going no where.

ref Brown , he is at best a 3rd line forwar/center who may be a play-maker who will have his points in a assist. but not if he doesn't see the 2nd line or better and i don't see that of him.

the pkg org offered is a fair pkg and will provide bodies of equal talent expected from Brown. truth be told, i think it may be an over-kill.

Sikura, Forsling and esp Perlini is really the right price. either way, that is my opinion.

Nobody is asking for D-cat, especially in exchange for Brown. That's just people making fun of the proposal. Also, Brown isn't a centre or a playmaker. He's a defensive winger who can muck his way to 15 goals if surrounded by solid players.

But the real reason Leaf fans take issue with the OP is Bracco. He has elite vision--maybe only 2nd to Marner on the Leafs. He's undersized so nobody is sure what to make of him yet, but he's PPG in the AHL and capable of 40 assists in the NHL if his size doesn't hold him back.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Kapanen is too much for murphy.

Brown ++?
I guess it depends on what the pluses are.

I can't see the Hawks wanting Brown as the centerpiece in a Murphy deal just because we don't really have anyone else who plays like him. It'd be tough to replace.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
This is a whole bunch of wrong... Bracco is 3rd in AHL scoring at 21. That's pretty good for 'meh'.

Perlini is a scorer who can't score. Brown is a defensive forward first, yet still can outproduce Perlini. He's more expensive because he's a lot better.

Quite frankly, there is nothing to get anything done unless Chicago will pay picks for Brown.

Is Brown a Defensive Forward first? Or has he merely been forced into a checking line role with the leafs depth? I always thought he was a shooter first and foremost? Honest question

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Nobody is asking for D-cat, especially in exchange for Brown. That's just people making fun of the proposal. Also, Brown isn't a centre or a playmaker. He's a defensive winger who can muck his way to 15 goals if surrounded by solid players.

But the real reason Leaf fans take issue with the OP is Bracco. He has elite vision--maybe only 2nd to Marner on the Leafs. He's undersized so nobody is sure what to make of him yet, but he's PPG in the AHL and capable of 40 assists in the NHL if his size doesn't hold him back.
and yet scouting rpt have mention his bread and butter will be in the assist column.

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
Basically all cap dumps, Forsling is about the best of a pretty terrible group. We have no need for LHD. Especially a 24 year old who is meh.

Bracco is a PPG in AHL and might be something, Brown is an excellent PK and decent middle 6. Can play second line in a pinch but ideally suited for 3rd line duty. Awful for Toronto.

Cap dumps?

Marcus Kruger: $3M,
Brendan Perlini: $863,333
Dylan Sikura: $925,000
Gustav Forsling: $872,500
John Hayden: $750,000

All of those contracts, besides Hayden's whopping $750K expire after this season. I get that that the value is off here, but to call these guys cap dumps is pathetically false.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Is Brown a Defensive Forward first? Or has he merely been forced into a checking line role with the leafs depth? I always thought he was a shooter first and foremost? Honest question

He's a swiss army knife, though his primarily deployment on the Leafs is as a defensive forward and forechecker. Babcock trusts him in defensive situations and will put him on matchup lines with Kadri, or last year even spent some time with Bozak and JVR to bring some defensive mindedness. He's got a little bit of offensive talent so he can mesh with other talented forwards (he scored 20g as a rookie, spending some time with Matthews and a few PP minutes), but not nearly enough to drive results by himself. He's got okay vision, and an okay shot to chip in, but he's not an offensive forward at this point.

He's a great deapth piece. Ideally, you have more talented forwards so that Brown can stay in the bottom six, but he's an adequate fill-in if he needs to move up due to injuries. IMO he's worth a late second round pick at the draft. We'd like to keep as much depth as possible for our playoff run. The only reason we're looking to deal him is if he brings value to get a better player, or to dump some cap space for next season. He won't be traded for futures at the deadline.

Reactions: LDF

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Bracco is a five foot nine wing who's 21 playing in the A.

He's nothing more then Sikura

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad