Value of: Connor Brown + Jeremy Bracco to Chicago

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Wtf are we gonna do with any of those players? Kruger is the only plausible one but didn’t you sign him to a 3M contract?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Not sure why you're including Bracco. Def not trading him for any of those players listed.

Brown can be had but it just doesnt make sense for any of those players you listed

Reactions: NHL WAR

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Does any combination of the following players get the job done?

Marcus Kruger
Brendan Perlini
Dylan Sikura
Gustav Forsling
John Hayden

Basically all cap dumps, Forsling is about the best of a pretty terrible group. We have no need for LHD. Especially a 24 year old who is meh.

Bracco is a PPG in AHL and might be something, Brown is an excellent PK and decent middle 6. Can play second line in a pinch but ideally suited for 3rd line duty. Awful for Toronto.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Not even close comparison, if you want Bracco you need to give something up. Not the scraps mentioned in OP.

Bracco is meh at best and brown is worthless he’s basically perlini but more expensive

Not piece worth a 19 year old defensemen that already has nhl value.

NyIander

Feb 18, 2019
Bracco is meh at best and brown is worthless he’s basically perlini but more expensive

Brown is serviceable, Perlini is just useless. Bracco has top 6 upside, the point was mainly that he wouldn't be available for any of those players.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

This is a whole bunch of wrong... Bracco is 3rd in AHL scoring at 21. That's pretty good for 'meh'.

Perlini is a scorer who can't score. Brown is a defensive forward first, yet still can outproduce Perlini. He's more expensive because he's a lot better.

Quite frankly, there is nothing to get anything done unless Chicago will pay picks for Brown.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I’d do Kruger for a third or fourth and then send it back to TO at the draft with Perlini for Brown. The Leafs need Bracco as cheap reinforcements when they start getting squeezed on guys like Kapanen/Johansson/Hyman.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

Perlini isn't even an NHL player. Brown can at least be a checking guy who can put up points if he's above the 4th line. Id easily give up something like a 3rd and 4th from the Oilers for Brown. I watched Bracco in Kitchener, he's going to be a good player. I think the Leafs are making a mistake if they trade him. I could easily see him be a 50 point guy.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leafs need is a RD, defensive, physical.... so, basically Connor Murphy. I highly doubt he'd be on the table, particularly in a Connor's swap..... so pretty much the conversation ends there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad