Connor Brown and Trade

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The deal was for Matt Benning. Larsson had nothing to do with it.

Brown will go for a pick, Leafs can’t afford to bring in more cap.

apparently there was a Larsson deal talked about, most likely brown plus 2 pieces better than brown which we wouldn't do I assume

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Brown and our 2nd for a 1st in the early 20's.:dooney:

I like the way you think. Getting back into the 1st round might be a really good idea, I wonder if brown has slightly more value and we could do brown and 3rd. I mean he is a NHLer just the leafs are too deep, might be wishful thinking but brown, 3rd for late 1st could work

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
There was also a Darnell Nurse deal spoken of prior to deadline in a three way deal that had Nurse coming to Toronto and Brown was part of package going out with Zaitsev.

In the end, I see Brown being traded this off season. His contract although cheap and affordable, doesn't fit his role and what we can do to backfill it for less then half the price.

Brown with either be traded for picks, or he will be part of a larger deal to acquire defensive stability on the back end. Moore has proven that he is ready to do what Brown does if not more. Acquisition of Petan also makes Brown repetitive.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Is there any proof for this? Larsson for Brown would be RIDICULOUS lol.... Imagine Hall for Brown. Yes I get you sasid center pieces but still would be lol.

cmon on obviously it would have included more from the leafs, I cant remember which insider said it but it was "brown for Larsson as the main pieces with other assets going back to Edmonton" paraphrasing here but that was the gist, I think it might have been lebrun on overdrive but cant remember for sure

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
In Jr. In the NHL Brown cant make a play or finish a shot. He is defensive only and if they think the Connors magic would return in EDM. Send us a 2nd, please.

I know hockey pretty well btw. I know crappy intangible players like Brown and Colby Armstrong too. People around here who know hockey, lol, love Brown and Armstrong types.

The Brown function. Get puck, goto Ozone blueline, chip or dump, follow up, swat at it, lose posession and hustle back.

Its the function of failure, but he hustles so good pro tm.
Lol you are a legend....in your own mind!

Please explain his giveaway takeaway differential of plus 17 if he does as you say loses possession of the puck all the time.

I have a suggestion for you watch the games without a preconceived notion and see just how wrong you are.

Did you love the Finn pick? I know the answer by the way. Or how about Percy. Both suffered from the same affliction bad feet. But hey you know hockey pretty well lol.

Reactions: pulfordfan

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Here is the funny thing. Here I am defending Brown and rightfully so in my mind. But back when he was a prospect and most on here were so high on his offensive up side I was not at all buying that. His IQ and work ethic I liked but I am not surprised that he is in the role that he is in for us as it suits his best attributes. Smart and willing and is among the best forwards on our team at keeping the puck out of our zone and our net. His willingness to get hit by pucks or take big check to help us do what we need has won me over. He simply does so many of the little things right. This is not to say he is devoid of offensive ability but that simply is not his role for us.

There is a reason why Babs plays him late in games when protecting leads he is good at it.

He has an extremely high D zone starts which has been a little less since Kadri got hurt. 56% D zone starts stifle offense a little would you not think. This guy has been very good at taking pucks away from his opponents every year his career is 116 takeaways vs 61 giveaways. Here is the best stat that support my opinion on him. 5on5 he has been on the ice for only 19 goals 5 on 5 against this year and that is with the high D zone starts. He has been on the ice for 29 goals for at 5on5. But it is obvious his role on the team is to keep the goals out of our net something he does very well.

End rant!

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Not sure on all the teams that called. But EDM and us almost had a deal and apparently Brown and Larsson were the center pieces but it didn't materialize for whatever reason. My guess was too close to the 3pm deadline. But I do recall hearing that day a lot of teams were calling about him

Leafs wanted Larsson, Oilers wanted to send Benning only.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
he should be the first to sit when kadri is back, but he won't be

He puts in effort, I'll give him that. But he just doesn't make things happen out there and our PK really isn't that great

Black hole is the correct term

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
He will get more then that. Remember what Simmonds just went for. Remember what Saad went for. Remember what Shaw went for. These are comparables.

Even a washed up Simmonds is not a comparable. You really think Shaw and Saad are comparables??

I don't think many would agree with you. Brown is worth much much less than all 3.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Lol you are a legend....in your own mind!

Please explain his giveaway takeaway differential of plus 17 if he does as you say loses possession of the puck all the time.

I have a suggestion for you watch the games without a preconceived notion and see just how wrong you are.

Did you love the Finn pick? I know the answer by the way. Or how about Percy. Both suffered from the same affliction bad feet. But hey you know hockey pretty well lol.

I honestly don't believe they are counting a dump ins. When the puck leaves his stick in the Ozone, it's got to be 80% loss of possession. He does not create anything, plays die.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Not sure on all the teams that called. But EDM and us almost had a deal and apparently Brown and Larsson were the center pieces but it didn't materialize for whatever reason. But I do recall hearing that day a lot of teams were calling about him

The deal was for Matt Benning. Larsson had nothing to do with it.

Brown will go for a pick, Leafs can’t afford to bring in more cap.

Need Nonis to become the GM of the Oilers so he can trade their 2nd rounder for Brown.

Is there any proof for this? Larsson for Brown would be RIDICULOUS lol.... Imagine Hall for Brown. Yes I get you said center pieces but still would be lol.

apparently there was a Larsson deal talked about, most likely brown plus 2 pieces better than brown which we wouldn't do I assume

Leafs wanted Larsson, Oilers wanted to send Benning only.

Brown for Larsson? LOL. Brown as the "center piece" in a Larsson deal might be true if the side pieces were more valuable than the center piece. Or, maybe Dubas took the day off and Santa Claus was filling in for Kyle and Santa was making the deal.

Last edited:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I honestly don't believe they are counting a dump ins. When the puck leaves his stick in the Ozone, it's got to be 80% loss of possession. He does not create anything, plays die.

Lol again you are wrong. Dump in’s are not giveaways, do you really believe they are?

Do you ever hear the bench say anything most often you can hear them say thing. “Get that line”, “get the puck deep” . Try following along. He starts in the D zone a lot. His line is put out to get the puck out of our zone and get the puck in the Ozone and hopefully get a faceoff so we can put out our Offensive lines to hopefully create offense.

I all ready proved that he is not a turnover machine like you suggested with his give away takeaway numbers and yet you are insisting that he is giving away the puck 80% of the time despite the facts I have introduced that prove you wrong.

He has been on the ice for 29 goals for 5 on 5 and he has 19 points from those 29 goals which means that he is in on 65% of the offensive when he is on the ice.

When you find your self in a hole simply stop digging and admit you were wrong.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Brown for Larsson? LOL. Brown as the "center piece" in a Larsson deal might be true if the side pieces were more valuable than the center piece. Or, maybe Dubas took the day off and Santa Claus was filling in for Kyle and Santa was making the deal.

no one said centerpiece, likely the leafs centerpiece was a 1st round pick or top prospect, the insider (I cant remember who) just listed those 2 names and said it was a bigger deal

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Not sure on all the teams that called. But EDM and us almost had a deal and apparently Brown and Larsson were the center pieces but it didn't materialize for whatever reason. My guess was too close to the 3pm deadline. But I do recall hearing that day a lot of teams were calling about him

no one said centerpiece, likely the leafs centerpiece was a 1st round pick or top prospect, the insider (I cant remember who) just listed those 2 names and said it was a bigger deal

The OP said "center piece".

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Lol again you are wrong. Dump in’s are not giveaways, do you really believe they are?

Do you ever hear the bench say anything most often you can hear them say thing. “Get that line”, “get the puck deep” . Try following along. He starts in the D zone a lot. His line is put out to get the puck out of our zone and get the puck in the Ozone and hopefully get a faceoff so we can put out our Offensive lines to hopefully create offense.

I all ready proved that he is not a turnover machine like you suggested with his give away takeaway numbers and yet you are insisting that he is giving away the puck 80% of the time despite the facts I have introduced that prove you wrong.

He has been on the ice for 29 goals for 5 on 5 and he has 19 points from those 29 goals which means that he is in on 65% of the offensive when he is on the ice.

When you find your self in a hole simply stop digging and admit you were wrong.

That's my point. Thanks for clarifying. He dumps the puck when we have 0% chance of getting it back. That's the problem. Moore Nylander Kap Marner etc all make things happen. He sucks, black hole and is no good.

Carlyle would call it safe minutes, I call it lack of vision. Low IQ hockey.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
HE SUCKS

but also

HE HAS HIGH TRADE VALUE!?

...umm...what?

Brown hasn't had a great season, but he's on an affordable deal with term which is about fair for what he offers the team. If a deal exists for an RHD, then of course you push Brown out the door.

But let's stop pretending that a package centered around the son of Dan and Anne Brown is going to get a deal done. It's not.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
HE SUCKS

but also

...umm...what?

Brown hasn't had a great season, but he's on an affordable deal with term which is about fair for what he offers the team. If a deal exists for an RHD, then of course you push Brown out the door.

But let's stop pretending that a package centered around the son of Dan and Anne Brown is going to get a deal done. It's not.

he sucks (for the leafs who have a ton of winger depth)
He has high trade value (because most teams don't have such winger depth)

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
HE SUCKS

but also

...umm...what?

He'll get a 3rd + c level prospect or 4th + b level

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Was he out of lines at practice yesterday? I heard it was Marleau Kadri and Willy. and 4th line Moore Petan and Ennis?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
That's my point. Thanks for clarifying. He dumps the puck when we have 0% chance of getting it back. That's the problem. Moore Nylander Kap Marner etc all make things happen. He sucks, black hole and is no good.

Carlyle would call it safe minutes, I call it lack of vision. Low IQ hockey.
My god you are thick. And wrong once again. You clearly have stated many times that once he gets the puck that 80% it results in a loss of possession but I posted facts that’s disproved this. So now you are attempting to change the goal posts rather then admit you are wrong and saying he dumps the puck in and we have zero chance at getting the puck back. Lol what a joke. He carries the puck in many times and he is very selective where he dumps the puck in and when. Many times his line has been on the ice for a long shift already but hey maybe he should just give it away at the O blue line while we are changing that would stop all those needless dump in’s.

Saying he has a low hockey IQ is among the stupidest things you have ever posted and that includes some dozzies by the way. One was that if we send down a player early in the preseason that they would not have to clear waivers even when they no long had waiver protection. One of Browns best attributes is his Hockey IQ.

Not going to reply to your posts in this thread again. I have posted proof to support my opinion you have posted bs.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
My god you are thick. And wrong once again. You clearly have stated many times that once he gets the puck that 80% it results in a loss of possession but I posted facts that’s disproved this. So now you are attempting to change the goal posts rather then admit you are wrong and saying he dumps the puck in and we have zero chance at getting the puck back. Lol what a joke. He carries the puck in many times and he is very selective where he dumps the puck in and when. Many times his line has been on the ice for a long shift already but hey maybe he should just give it away at the O blue line while we are changing that would stop all those needless dump in’s.

Saying he has a low hockey IQ is among the stupidest things you have ever posted and that includes some dozzies by the way. One was that if we send down a player early in the preseason that they would not have to clear waivers even when they no long had waiver protection. One of Browns best attributes is his Hockey IQ.

Not going to reply to your posts in this thread again. I have posted proof to support my opinion you have posted bs.

I don't use a pen and paper for him. I do actively watch him for his troubles and what I am saying is most commonly what happens. I welcome you to track how often possession ends of his stick. Get a notepad. The guy has no vision, he is stiff and clunky as a board with good speed in a straight line. He stinks, worse than Lindy was, said he stank to. Petan was a good move by Dubas, liked him in Jr as well.

Most people here agree he sucks. I don't mind if you think he has some redeeming qualities, I agree to an extent, the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad