Connor Brown and Trade

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Trade threads are weird around here:

“I’m as close to an expert as it gets and I have observed player x and have concluded they are shit. Here’s a random stat that also proves they are shit.

So, we need to trade this shit player for a key top 4 D. A rare RH D too.

Now fortunately, scouts for the 30 other teams can’t possibly see what I see (assuming of course I’m right and I am since I see it and this one stat proves it) so logically, they will line up to give us gold for our shit.

No. I have never once considered that we would have to give up something of value to get something of value.”

Reactions: dsred and hotpaws

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Mostly right. You just appeal to authority and blindly support Babcock at every turn. Same old dice.
Sorry if I took your displeasure about his line ups and where he plays certain players as you wanted him gone.

I was fully supportive of Babs until this past week. He and Mathews are not getting along and him beaking off about Mathews makes it necessary in my view. One or the other needs to go and I do not see us moving Mathews.

Like I said wrong again. You are a pro at being wrong.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Like I said wrong again. You are a pro at being wrong.

Not wrong. You know Brown cant make a play outside the Nzone. It jist doesnt happen. He is sheltered with Naz or Nylander now. Guys trash, if Babs is gone so is Brown.

Moore is far better. Brown to the 4th if we are riding this out. No contest Moore over Brown

Reactions: Cobra777

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Based on the fact that Zaitsev, Oz, and Marincin aren’t forwards?

Either way, Zaitsev definitely has a greater impact than Brown on our team. Contracts aside
Sorry missed the word forward. I disagree with who has a great impact but my point stil stands that he is not the worse player on the team.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Not wrong. You know Brown cant make a play outside the Nzone. It jist doesnt happen. He is sheltered with Naz or Nylander now. Guys trash, if Babs is gone so is Brown.

Moore is far better. Brown to the 4th if we are riding this out. No contest Moore over Brown
Yes you were you said I blindly follow Babcock and he could do no wrong. I posted proof that was simply not true. And now rather then admit you were wrong you change the topic.
We were not talking about Moore at all yet you post like I was saying Brown is better then him. Nice try!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yes you were you said I blindly follow Babcock and he could do no wrong. I posted proof that was simply not true. And now rather then admit you were wrong you change the topic.
We were not talking about Moore at all yet you post like I was saying Brown is better then him. Nice try!

I agree with a good chunk of what you say, but I think you are suffering from a variant of Colby Armstrong syndrome here with Brown.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
He will probably be traded, I would love to keep him for 1M but I don't see it happening. Maybe let him go to UFA and sign him for less? It would be a risk, but I don't see the Leafs getting much more than a 3rd for him.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Apparently you slept through the trade deadline. Multiple insiders said multiple teams were calling on him. And apparently we almost did a deal with EDM which would've seen Brown and Larsson as the center pieces.

Is there any proof for this? Larsson for Brown would be RIDICULOUS lol.... Imagine Hall for Brown. Yes I get you sasid center pieces but still would be lol.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Might get a 4th would be my guess. He's a void and probably doesn't play on most teams.

He's the 9th or 10th best forward on the second best forward corps in the league. He would make any team but Tampa. The Oilers are champing at the bit for NHL wingers and Brown once played with and out-scored McDavid...

Reactions: diceman934

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He's the 9th or 10th best forward on the second best forward corps in the league. He would make any team but Tampa. The Oilers are champing at the bit for NHL wingers and Brown once played with and out-scored McDavid...

He'd easily make Tampa too. He wouldn't play any higher there, but he'd be in that top 12 every night and likely playing a similar role as the one he gets here.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Brown should have been moved at the deadline. Moore already looked like he could replace him with his stint earlier in the year. Moore is far superior skater, competes just as hard and goes into the corners with less fear, then can make the odd suprising good play. After Moore showing what he can do, he deserves at least a 3rd line role. Moore also can provide a Hyman worker/energy role in the Top 6, as Brown has done with Matthews in the past. Brown is a 4th liner in the pecking order who is over paid @2.25 million.

Reactions: Cobra777

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
He would not make Tampa.

You guys still think of him as a 20 goal scorer. He played with Matthews and had PP time.

He's legit not good. He provides no value. He wouldn't make half the teams in the NHL.

pulfordfan

Sep 28, 2017
Rjukan Norway
I love watching Brown play. He is smart and works his tail off and on a good line he is a good player. Edmonton offered more then one traded trying to get him.

The fact he has been played in either a defensive role or a 4th line role has hurt his stats and with the depth we have on the Right side he is gone. However saying he is thd worse player on the team is not only wrong but a joke.
He is a good forechecker and great on the PK as well as a trusted player late in games to protect leads something we are very good at by the way. He is on the wrong team at the wrong time and will be a good player on a team like Edmonton.

He is a team leading plus 17 on give away take away differential and despite not on the ice for a lot of goals he is a plus 12 this year. Calling him the worse player on the team is an absolute joke. He is a very useful player and he can play any where in the line up. I agree that we will likely trade him however but let’s at least understand what we are watching when he is on the ice.

Finally someone who knows hockey. FYI McDavid and Connor were a big deal in jr. Edm been looking for a winger for him a while now.

Reactions: diceman934

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Finally someone who knows hockey. FYI McDavid and Connor were a big deal in jr. Edm been looking for a winger for him a while now.

In Jr. In the NHL Brown cant make a play or finish a shot. He is defensive only and if they think the Connors magic would return in EDM. Send us a 2nd, please.

I know hockey pretty well btw. I know crappy intangible players like Brown and Colby Armstrong too. People around here who know hockey, lol, love Brown and Armstrong types.

The Brown function. Get puck, goto Ozone blueline, chip or dump, follow up, swat at it, lose posession and hustle back.

Its the function of failure, but he hustles so good pro tm.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Hes been terrible except on the PK. He almost never wins battles, when he does he loses it. In the O zone hes screwed up so many plays it's not funny. With all the high interest at the TD I believe he goes in the off season as part of a deal for a RHD
Damn, you really know how to sell him.
He's not a scorer or a playmaker but he's got the tools to do those things. People say "it's not his role" but it's nobody's role to rarely contribute. He's a damn good PK'er and can easily grow more offensively on a team where he will be higher in the line up and potentially on their powerplay. I really don't expect more than a 3rd or an extremely late 2nd for him in a deal. 2.1M for 1 year with being an RFA at the end is attractive for teams.

Reactions: pulfordfan

RLF

May 5, 2014

Yea, depending on situation, he could play on many teams 3rd line. He is likely gone in the summer.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
he should be the first to sit when kadri is back, but he won't be

He puts in effort, I'll give him that. But he just doesn't make things happen out there and our PK really isn't that great

Reactions: Cobra777 and dsred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad