Connor Brown and Trade

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Hes been terrible except on the PK. He almost never wins battles, when he does he loses it. In the O zone hes screwed up so many plays it's not funny. With all the high interest at the TD I believe he goes in the off season as part of a deal for a RHD

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
What interest was that ?

Not sure on all the teams that called. But EDM and us almost had a deal and apparently Brown and Larsson were the center pieces but it didn't materialize for whatever reason. My guess was too close to the 3pm deadline. But I do recall hearing that day a lot of teams were calling about him

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Hes been terrible except on the PK. He almost never wins battles, when he does he loses it. In the O zone hes screwed up so many plays it's not funny. With all the high interest at the TD I believe he goes in the off season as part of a deal for a RHD
I don't think he's been that great on the PK of late, he's passive and standing still a lot of the time.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Sadly I agree, I've seen Tyler Ennis throw more bodychecks or shown more emotion... Not sure what happened but man he is really a soft player no grit.. not what I thought he'd become
Honestly, the best thing we can do for him is too sit. Get some fire that you aren't guaranteed a job, you have to fight for one. He's lost his place on this team, he's a line killer and pucks just die at his feet. Brown needs a shakeup, short term I bench him and see how he responds.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
High interest in Brown?
I love daytime drinking yet I do not have a Phd
Memorize my popular ideological lines and deliver a lecture as if the class clown
What kind of bag of Francis Charlie were getting back, some brain amputee?

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
High interest in Brown?
I love daytime drinking yet I do not have a Phd
Memorize my popular ideological lines and deliver a lecture as if the class clown
What kind of bag of Francis Charlie were getting back, some brain amputee?

Apparently you slept through the trade deadline. Multiple insiders said multiple teams were calling on him. And apparently we almost did a deal with EDM which would've seen Brown and Larsson as the center pieces.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
there is no way that was strait up

Never said that, I said center pieces. Dubas was quoted as saying "did not want to dig too deep into the farm etc to make or force a deal. Which is smart he has all summer, and the draft plus UFA market but not sure what D will be there, plus next year Rosen is probably making the team and maybe Sandin

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Pretty sure this Murph dude out of Edmonton made that trade up. But if there’s any validity to it I hope when look back into in the summer.

There is because dubas wouldn't comment on if it was true..but said he didn't want to dig deep into their prospects and such, and felt they were better off leaving the roster. Makes sense because he has the UFA market, all summer to make trades, no point in forcing it. Plus Rosen and maybe even Sandin could make the big boy squad next year. Rosen probably gets the call after he plays a couple conditioning games with Marlies when hes back because Maricin is horse pucky

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
There is because dubas wouldn't comment on if it was true..but said he didn't want to dig deep into their prospects and such, and felt they were better off leaving the roster. Makes sense because he has the UFA market, all summer to make trades, no point in forcing it. Plus Rosen and maybe even Sandin could make the big boy squad next year. Rosen probably gets the call after he plays a couple conditioning games with Marlies when hes back because Maricin is horse pucky
No I know we heard about interest in him, I specifically meant the Larsson side of it, I’m not sure how much truth is in that.

I do believe brown will be moved this summer.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
No I know we heard about interest in him, I specifically meant the Larsson side of it, I’m not sure how much truth is in that.

I do believe brown will be moved this summer.

Well multiple insiders right around 3 said it may well happen, didn't hear who and later it came out it was supposedly Larsson

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Worst player on the team. Not even close. You guys are slow on the uptake but glad you are getting it.

Get rid of this liability
He will be dealt in the summer.
The Cap demands it.
Right now, this is the playoff team.
Babcock isn’t going to take him out so this is how we go forward at present.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Worst player on the team. Not even close. You guys are slow on the uptake but glad you are getting it.

Get rid of this liability
But how much quality booze do you need to throw into the deal
Taking a garbage player requires premium Scotch liquidity!
Pro scouting, analytics, video, this thing called the internet, GM's no longer allowed to go on feel
Wise not to give up kids on the farm that can turn out to be amazing and play for cheep, trading them is stupidity.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Well multiple insiders right around 3 said it may well happen, didn't hear who and later it came out it was supposedly Larsson

I believe there were also report(s) of Benning potentially being the d-man in trade talks with the Oilers. In any case, there wasn't a deal to be made on that day.

Mar 14, 2011
The guy who mentioned Larsson's name has as bad of a rep as Eklund, I wouldn't take that rumor to seriously, especially since the much more credible insiders on TSN has already shut the Larsson for Brown rumor down. Still, that the Oilers are very much interest in Brown is pretty legit, the TSN guys believe that Benning for Brown has been discussed, and Khaira and Kassian's name have also been mentioned. My guess is Khaira is probably the guy the Leafs were targeting as he could probably be signed for at least 1 mill less than Brown in the offseason and he can bring size and toughness to the bottom 6, while still possessing the speed to keep up with this Leafs' brand of hockey, his injury probably dissuaded the Leafs however.

Benning thou is likely the guy the Oilers wanted to trade, as the Oilers has finally gotten Sekera back and a couple of their D prospects are almost ready to play on their team. Can't see what the Leafs would want with Benning thou, as Oilers fans seems to have a very low opinion of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->